You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Thing We Called Frank

Real Ghost Stories

The Thing We Called Frank

 

About three years ago I started dating my boyfriend, let's call him L. I moved in with him almost immediately and things were great at first, and then I started to notice some very bizarre sleeping behavior of his. He would sit up Indian style in bed, and one night he came after me with a bat. It turned out he had been "sleepwalking" and was trying to go after the "man in the suit and hat".

At first I thought nothing of this, that it was just an extreme night terror. As things progressively got worse, I started to question this. Some nights I would find him sleeping sitting up and yelling "shut up" or "go away". One night, I woke up to find L asleep, but he wasn't in bed, he was standing in the corner of the room, with his head leaned in toward the corner but not touching it, about an inch away. This really frightened me and I demanded that he tell me more about this man, we ended up nicknaming him Frank, after the bunny in Donnie Darko.

Apparently he didn't just dream about Frank, he would also appear in our bedroom. He was a silhouette of a man in a militant suit, similar to the uniform of a Nazi, and hat. When he would appear in our room, he would mostly sit in the computer chair at our desk, stand in the corner I found L standing in, or stand over our bed on my side. I couldn't see Frank but I always had a very bad feeling in the bedroom, like I was being watched.

When Frank was in our room, he would speak in an unintelligible made up language, but L could communicate with him telepathically, sometimes L spoke German to Frank, which is strange because he couldn't speak German other than these encounters. Frank also appeared in every single dream L had had for the last 2 years, whether it be in the background somewhere or involved in the dream directly.

The episodes with Frank started increasing more and more. It was starting to worry me, and I could see L getting more and more depressed and unmotivated, almost weak. One night I heard L having a conversation with Frank. I can't remember exactly what L said but I shook him out of it. He was almost in a trance when Frank was in our room. I asked him what Frank was saying, at first L wouldn't tell me, but eventually he told me that Frank wanted to be inside him.

This really alarmed me, because for some time I had suspected that Frank was a dark entity of sorts. I told L under no circumstances was he to let Frank inside him. L didn't want to listen to me, he seemed to think Frank would make him stronger, and this worried me. I called up my church to inquire about having the house blessed, they called me back and when I explained my situation, they said they would call back but never did.

One night I woke up to L giving permission for Frank to enter him. I tried to shake him out of it, but the damage was already done, I suspect. L stopped having night disturbances but his personality changed. He started setting fires in the woods a mile from our house, and in an abandoned house next door. He started doing drugs and acting aggressively even when he wasn't using drugs. Once, in the middle of the night, L sat up in bed and something about it made me very nervous. I felt my fight or flight kicking in. I called L's name several times to no avail, then I said Frank, and L slowly turned his head toward me with a scary smile slowly coming across his face. I screamed and it seemed to snap him out of it.

One night, after much pleading, I convinced him to try and get rid of Frank. It was very strange, L was arguing with Frank, but he was communicating with Frank through some other entity who L called Steve. Apparently Frank warned that I was next. However, after that night he never saw Frank in our room or in his dreams. I know you probably think that it might be L messing with me, or a mental illness. But I could feel something very strongly present in our room, I was losing sleep over it. Also, L is not the type to play pranks, especially such an elaborate one. He also had a very strange look to his eyes during these interactions.

I would like to know if Frank was a demon or shadow person or dark entity. To this day it still bothers me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cgirl108, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-12)
Oh my gosh this is not good, this is bad. I was beggining to think it would not get better, but, it did [sigh of relief], this is really frightening. Frank might have very well been a dark entity (but the question is why he was in your home?), while this was happening I would have had your boyfreind checked out to make sure he wasn't, err - you know crazy. But I don't think he was crazy. It sounds to me as if he was possessed. I'm glad he is not now, and I hope frank doesn't return. Though I'm very curious about this "Steve" you mentioned once in the story.
MeltyCat (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
I also agree with ruling out mental illness. Some people can manifest alternate personalities which can also seem as real to them as to the people closest to them. At times it can even change the mood of a room as if it was an entirely different being.

If you are still in contact with them I'd go down the medical route. If not, I don't think that it is something you need to be worried about any longer.

As for answers, I don't really think that you will get them if you are no longer in contact with L. If you are, I think it may take some time, especially if you take it down the medical route first.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
I agree with SDS on this, the medical and psychological must be ruled out before leaping to the paranormal. I do know that any church sanctioned exorcism requires these tests as well.
As I see it, you are under a very real threat of L harming you or worse as long as 'Frank' is around.
I also have the same questions as SDS.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-03-10)
Hello Cgirl108, I want to ask some questions. How is your relation with L now? Are you still on terms with each other or you got away from him? You are right. It adds up to something that L might be having some kind of mental illness. No offensive meant. But, if he still behaves that way, then he should be taken to a doctor. Paranormal would come later. He was talking to Frank then to another person Steve. These things give way to thinking that L should be having some mental illness. That should be probed first before turning to paranormal.

Secondly, how do you know that Frank was present in the room and that he was communicating with L? How did you know what language he speaks except from what L replied to the so-called Frank.

It is just like reading the classic "Exorcist" but we should eliminate the physical and medical possibility before going through with the paranormal aspect of things.

Strange how the Church didn't come back to you even to advise you guys to contact a good doctor.

Please do respond.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: