You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Strange Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Shadow

 

My name is Michelle and I'm 15 years old. I currently live in Anaheim, CA with my family of 5 and a cat. I've had other experiences when I was a child before I moved to Anaheim, but this is the scariest so far. The whole thing started when my aunt gave my mom a framed painting of a weird object surrounded by strange words.

I live in an apartment building not far from DisneyLand. When I moved here I felt as if I wasn't welcome in this home, I couldn't understand since I was just 5 when we moved in. A couple years ago my mom's friend, Ruby, came over to visit with her 7 year old daughter, Aileen. She wanted to play so I told her if she wanted to make a movie, so I grabbed my mom's cell phone and we started to make a little video of the apartment. Right when we started, my mom and her friend were in the kitchen making us something to eat. I gave Aileen the phone and told her to record the table. She pushed the record button for about 2 to 4 seconds and stopped it. I took the phone and searched for the video. When I looked at it I was in complete shock, she pointed directly at the shades of the window and you can clearly see the shadow of a man right there standing but then steps aside as if he didn't want to be recorded. I started to scream and my mom came asking what happened, I showed her the video and she freaked out and asked if we got the phone wet or something but I said no. My brother, sister, and dad were not at home at the time.

A couple months later, it was my dad's turn to experience the same thing. He was sleeping in bed with my mom and my baby sister. My mom woke up and went to the bathroom which is right in front of the bed. On the wall next to the bed there was a long mirror hanging there. My dad was waiting for my mom to come back to bed when the mirror started to move side to side. He also said that he felt as if he couldn't move or breathe. He tried calling out to my mom but he couldn't speak either. When my mom came back, the mirror stopped moving. My dad was really shocked and couldn't sleep the whole night.

At this point I am now 15, there has been no sign of him until a few months back. We were getting ready to go visit the same aunt that gave us the painting. I was with my mom, putting my shoes on. All of a sudden I feel this tug on my shoulder and I was literally pulled back, my mom saw it as well and she asked what happened. I explained what I felt and she was getting really worried. The last encounter I had was in my bedroom that I share with my brother. We were sleeping and I see this shadow standing right next to by brother's side and I froze completely. I didn't know what to do. So I said to leave us alone, we have done nothing wrong. The shadow floated away, and I felt as if a big weight was lifted.

I don't know if he's still here, occasionally I hear whispers while I fall asleep. It doesn't bother me anymore, but I'm still worried if he will come back. I don't know if this apartment is haunted and I don't know if he's an angel or a demon. We are thinking of moving out but something tells me it has to do with that painting my aunt gave us. Every time I look at it I get shivers down my spine.

Thanks for reading and I'm anxious to know what you think about this and what I can do to live normal life. I also still have the video of the shadow here on my laptop for anyone who wants to see it. I've shown my friends this and some classmates. Some say that it's just freaky and others say that I altered it to make it look like that. I don't care what they think, I know what I see, hear, and feel what's around me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, michi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissJoy (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-06)
This is a really entertaining debate going on here. I am astonished at some of these comments... Have you ever heard of spiritual warfare? Yes, there are demons attacking humans however, your ignorant in suggesting ANYONE is in such a position, other than yourself. Even that is questionable, as I don't get from your comments, that you have a strong grip on reality. My dear, Satan and demons are in a wage with God and our souls... Not technology and message boards.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-18)
Rainman

More people on here need in fact open their minds up. Constantly labelling everything demonic? That's about as close minded as you can get. Always assuming the paranormal when something perfectly logical could be occuring? Again, close minded.

Works both ways buddy.
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
i believe you michi... But it could be coincidence or it could be real. God Bless
michi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
I don't blame you for being suspicious and I won't fight with you so you can believe me. I knew from the start there would be people that would say it's false and I'm prepared for that. It's your opinion and I can't change that.
michi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-16)
yea I felt stupid leaving that detail out, again sorry for that. I understand why you would feel suspicous, if I were you I'd think the same thing. Sorry again x_X
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
I'm curious as to why michi left out such an important detail from the original story. I think it highly suspicious.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
michi: Since you live on the second floor, this sheds a whole new light on the matter!...I do agree with DARKNESS that the form seems to glide, rather than step back or to the side...

Very interesting stuff! ❀
michi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
thanks for asking, the I live on the second floor so I doubt someone was smoking a cigarette outside the window. Also, the painting is about a vase in the center and a bunch of words surround the vase. I can't read it, they're too weird. I read that someone asked about the sound. I don't know if that was him or the cell phone. I asked her if she saw anything while she was recording and she said no, so I guess it was just coincidence
Rainman (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
Jokeping- who are they- they who😜very funny dude I'm rolling in laughter. 😜
JPing (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
They say if you're too open-minded your brain will fall out. πŸ˜‰
Rainman (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-14)
IntriguedSceptic- you need to open your mind up and be a bit less insulting to others, that don't agree with your views- remember this site are full of people who believe in the paranormal!
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hi;

Well, then don't read it, ok. I post for the benefit of the poster, many of whom need assistance. If it bores you, then too bad. But, I'm dealing with about 20 who've gotten relief, and it's my pleasure.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
JimD

Your strategy is if you throw enough mud at something, some of it is bound to stick. Your demon screaming is incessant and boring.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hi;

I also recommend a sence of perspective, and I reassert it's demonic. Dark shadows and wisperings must have an origin. It fits classic symptoms of demonic infestation. Also, more than one person is experiencing the same thing. Again, it's demonic.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hi;

I don't think it's a demon. Dark shadows, and whisperings, which I call dark shadows and wisperings, are not always telltale signs of demonic infestation.

I strongly recommend getting and liberally using, especially at night, a sense of perspective, and the understanding that not everything has to be demonic. They will help tremendously. If you are unable to use them without trepidation, just think about it logically.

A great man once said "If Catholic, pls. Attend Mass, Holy communion, and confession - often. Nightly Rosary also helps a lot." I concur.
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-13)
Hi;

I think it's a demon. Dark shadows, and whisperings, which we call magical wisperings, are tell tale signs of demonic infestation.

I strongly recommend getting and liberally using, especially at night, Catholic Holy water, and the names of Jesus, Mary, and St. Michael the Archangel. They will help tremendously. If you are unable to say them verbally, just think them mentally.

If Catholic, pls. Attend Mass, Holy communion, and confession - often. Nightly Rosary also helps a lot.

God bless you, and good luck. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
Kent (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
You shouldnt be worried
Just ignore the shadow or whatever it is

And hopefully it will go away
Im pretty sure if it wanted to do something harmful it would have done it by now

Kind Regards Kent 😁
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
I certainly don't think there are any people of that nature on this forum. Even if they did, what could they possibly do?

I don't believe in the existence of the spirit so no, I don't know that people are immortal.

I rather think there is a sense of beauty in our mortality. It is because of our limited existence that life is far more precious then it can ever be to an immortal.

I will email you. You're an odd sort with a lot of odd things to say - I like that.
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Well I think certain Christians should not judge some anti-religious people as working for Satan.
The sort of person I classify as being with Satan would be those that worship him and attacking (physical and mental) those who are with God.
You do know humans can be immortal as well by spirit just like demons and devils; right?
There is a purpose why they would monitor these sites. If you want to know more you must e-mail me.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
I should think immortal beings would have better things to do than monitor forums.

What sort of person would you class as 'being with Satan'?

I myself am anti-religious. I have been told by several Christians (usually the more fundamentalist ones) that I am therefore working for Satan. What do you make of that, ZiShu?
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
What are these purposes? Why are certain people targeted? What interests them?
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Demons and Devils have purposes when they attack or show themselves to people. If they do not do so to others, it is simply because they have no interest in those people.
However you can seek out a demon and find it, but I do NOT suggest it.
Oh, try going to the bell witch cave in Adams, Tennessee where I live 1 hour away from. There are many evil spirits in there. Many who go in, are afraid to go back.
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Apologies, let me write that again...

Zishu

If your assertion that demons monitor this site and others is correct, why do they not prove their existence to those who simply refuse to acknowledge their existence i.e me?
IntriguedSceptic (43 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Zishu

If your assertion that demons monitor this site and others, why do they not prove their existence to those who simply refuse to acknowledge their existence i.e me?
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
A Guardian Angel speaks through your mind like a conscience. However if you have certain "abilities", you can basically see and hear your Guardian Angel like you would any other spirit, simple as that.
As I am with God, there are others on here that are with Satan. You do know that some evil spirits such as Demons may monitor this site right? They see everything we humans do.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
Most people these days call what you describe as a 'guardian angel' a conscience or intuition. I certainly don't see how they differ. Unless you would care to elaborate.

You sound a tad paranoid. Who or what could possibly be watching this forum as to present a danger to you?
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
My Guardian Angel doesn't mind whenever I speak to him about anything. I did not feel I needed to consult with my Angel about the evil spirit/demon because from the other events described. It fits all attributes of a demon actually from my own experiences and others I have helped. However to give more details, I need michi to contact me. If you want to know more about how I do things, email me personally, I do not want to say everything on this site because of certain ones... Watching.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
ZiShu, I'm sorry but I don't follow... You say you 'checked with your angel'?

Could you elaborate on that, please?

I assume you don't literally mean you consulted with an angel on something so mundane as a youtube video... Or do you?

I'm curious, why did you not consult with this angel of yours on the other phenomenon mentioned in the story? Surely a demon/evil spirit (as you believe it to be) is far better use of this angel's time than some fellow outside the window...
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
hey, I checked with my Angel and he thinks that shadow man isn't really a spirit, but actually its a human on the other side of the window. BUT, from the things you described of what happened to your dad, and whispers and other things, sounds to me you may have a demon or some type of other evil spirits.
E-mail me in my profile, and I can help.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
michi: Firstly can you describe this painting with detail if possible I am very intersted to hear about that. In regards to the video after watching it a few times the way the shadow moves is not how a person would move its almost as if it has glided to the side very strange indeed. Keen to hear more.

Thank you for sharing.

Dan

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: