You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: School Possession

Real Ghost Stories

School Possession

 

This happened at school, I was in El Dorado High, north of town, this is a brand new school, not even a few years old, the old one was located right under this new one. I was in English class during second hour (around 9:30 to 10:15), we were given an order to read a certain chapter of a book, the special ed's para gathered me and the rest of the kids up and went to an empty classroom. There they started to read together, me, sitting by myself away from the group since the only reason I'm deemed special ed is because I never do my work.

I finished while they were getting to the halfway point of the chapter, and I decided to take a nap, so I went to sleep. I woke up, drowsy, with my arms around my head on the desk, I heard a male kid reading aloud, and then, in the middle of a word, stopped, I started to hear high pitched buzzing noises, happening first in my left ear, then stopping, then right starting to hear the buzzing noises as the left ear buzzing stops, it switching back and forth every twenty seconds or so, and it did this for at least, three minutes, at first I was just shocked, then I wanted to know what the heck was going on, so I tired to move, and couldn't, scared then, I started to try to rock back and forth, near the end it must of worked, or whatever had "possessed" me had gotten bored or weak, because I was able to rock, and a lifted my head and saw everyone reading, and heard them, because at the end when I started to get my strength back the buzzing noises just stopped, I was extremely scared, so I got up and started to walk around, kind of feeling numb, I was able to go back to class, mildly scared, but unharmed.

I have no medical conditions that I know of, except Diabetes, type 2, at the time I wasn't having any symptoms of high or low blood sugar, I have had ADD and ADHD in the past, and at the time this had happened, I was using Novalog, and Lantus insulin shots, and I hadn't taken any pills or any substances before hand, I would really like to know if this was a possession or something else. I am very mildly psychic if that effects anything.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Renge, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-05-15)
I have type II also and know all about that. It sounds like you were just in that half in and half out of sleep thing. No need to go into detail, but that's probably what it was. You'd better wake up and do your work though or your going to wake up one day in a gutter 40 years old and a drug addict with very few options if you don't snap out of it right now.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
ZiShu brings up a good point. Lack of blood flow can cause paralysis.

However in such a case, a person should feel the 'pins-and-needles' sensation we all know and love.

I'm also not sure a person can be entirely paralysed in such a manner. The state of lack of blood flow everywhere is more commonly known as dead... 😉
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
it could of been the way you were sleeping, which caused your body to be paralyzed, dealing with chemicals and the way the blood wasn't able to move through well

Possession, you would not be able to remember a thing, or not all the details even if you were semi-possessed
It could of been cause by a evil spirit at the same time... Because they cause a type of sleep paralysis
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-12)
I wouldn't worry about it too much. Especially if it has only happened one time.
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
This was definitely not a case of any type of possession! This was just sleep paralysis. I have had this condition for many years beginning when I was a teen and I know the familiar buzzing sound which sounds like a thousand helicopters flying over head. I astral travel as well, so I truly know you weren't possessed at school!

I'm glad you're ok.
Take care.
darkQueen (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
maby you should ask about the history in your school 😕 werd lol
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Renge: The buzzing is the first thing I notice when my sleep paralysis starts...It's how I know to wake myself or change position... And it's a common symptom...

If you need more info, the web is full of it... Not full of IT, full of info LOL 😆
WReck72 (1 stories) (116 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
I'm almost certain this is just sleep paralysis. On a side note I am 100% certain you are not in special ed. Because you aren't doing your work. You actually need to qualify to be in special ed. Programs. Seeing as you have ADD I would bet you tested super high in math, logic, reasoning and analytical abilities, and bombed communication skills reading writing and so on. So they come to the conclusion that you can not accurately express your intelligents and throw you in the beyond worthless waste of funding special ed. System. 2 things you should be aware of 1 your parents can sign you out of special ed. It really is just that simple they go in say they don't want you in it sign and you're good to go no more special ed. The 2nd thing you should know is you've been stuck in it this long you might as well just wait it out because as a special ed. Student you do get some advantages easier to get into colleges and even more grants and scholarships to available. I do understand completely how bad being in special ed. Can sucks though so if you still want out go try talking to your parents.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
I agree. I don't think you were possessed at all. It sounds like sleep paralysis, and the buzzing or ringing noise you heard also seems to match the symptoms.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
I have to agree with JPing. This happens to me all of the time however, usually I am in bed. I have felt people on me, holding me down, somebody's finger poking me incessantly in the back, etc. I try to wake myself up during this sleep paralysis and have achieved this by screaming (which comes out as a sort of a moan... Quite scary for my husband I might add). I also agree with JPing about the sleeping on the back and the frequency of it. I have also found out that eating before bed is not a good thing and can add to it.
JPing (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-11)
Another classic case of sleep paralysis!

Sleep paralysis is a very common sleeping disorder which almost everyone experiences at least once in their lifetime. I myself experience it quite frequently.

It is a state of sleep where the brain is only half awake. The body is naturally paralysed during sleep to prevent us from acting out our dreams. During sleep paralysis however, we are consciously awake but still paralysed.

During this state our imaginations can run wild. We can hear, see and even feel things which aren't really there. It can indeed be quite frightening.

I myself have heard dripping water, bouncing balls and I even once saw a strange creature standing over my bed while in this state.

To my knowledge there is no way to prevent sleep paralysis. However most people say that it occurs most frequently when people sleep on their back. I have never heard of someone experiencing it while sleeping on a desk but I don't see why it couldn't happen.

You have absolutely nothing to worry about. 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: