You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Abusive And Harmful Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Abusive And Harmful Ghost

 

I'd like to begin by saying I have never personally seen a ghost or anything paranormal, though I definitely believe in their existence. This story is not mine, it's my fiancรฉ's story (who we'll call Roger), but we were wondering if we could possibly find advice about what to do on here. So here goes.

It wasn't long after we started dating that he told me he sees ghosts. Ever since he was little, he would have "playmates" that only he could see and communicate with. Eventually he would help them with whatever they needed for their souls to rest in peace. Growing up, he thought of it as more like a game, though now he considers it a responsibility of his to help them. At the moment he's trying to help a younger ghost, she's only ten years old, who we will call Sarah. She stays in his room at night and almost watches out for him, because he's helping her. She does occasional pranks such as moving books around his room or hiding necessary items under his bed. But she's never hurt him in any way. The first thing that disturbed me about all this was that on occasion, he'll allow Sarah to possess him. It's frightening, especially when I'm around, as he is unconscious though she speaks through him. She talks to me that way sometimes, and from what I can tell, she means no harm through it. However, she's not the only ghost he talks to.

There's another ghost whose name we'll say is John. For the longest time, Roger told me that John was his ex-boyfriend who died in a car accident. It wasn't until we did a little research that we found John never existed. None of Roger's friends or family remember him or the accident, and Sarah claims that some nights there's a weird energy in my his room, which is why she keeps watch for him. It wasn't until last fall that we actually had problems with John. He began to appear to Roger and threaten him physically and sexually on a regular basis. He had an extreme hatred for me, since for a year he had manipulated Roger into a physical relationship, which I had just replaced. A friend of mine gave me advice that ghosts cannot physically harm a person, which I wasn't sure if it was true or not, but I trusted it for the time being and Roger tried to get rid of John. The threats got worse however, and Roger's family told me he spent much time alone in his room and rarely slept at night anymore. And that was when the actual problems started. Multiple times John possessed Roger either to taunt me or to harm him. He even went as far as to break Roger's fingers when I told him to leave us alone. He oftentimes would drain Roger's energy and sometimes paralyze his body if Roger said the wrong things. Finally one morning, John tried to kill Roger and nearly succeeded, except I started praying as hard as I could for his life to be spared (I'm a strong Christian and Roger's Catholic) and all at once, John disappeared.

It was almost two months until he came back. When he did come back, he wasn't as menacing as he first was. He seemed slightly subdued, though he still threatened that he could take Roger's life. He said the only thing that would stop him, would be (I know this sounds strange) for me and Roger to have sex. I'm against that sort of thing for religious reasons as we're not yet married, but we decided we'd wait for two years, and we told John that in two years' time, he could kill Roger if we hadn't done as he asked. So he swore to leave us be until then. Sarah, however, claims that she can talk to him quite often and that he has been staying around the house. She talks to him, and says he's not a very bad person, and seems almost nice, but that there's a menacing aura around him (which I feel at times when I'm in Roger's room). She also says that there are such things as demons who survive off sexual energy alone, and that could possibly be what John is.

Just the past few weeks, John's been back again, threatening and abusing Roger sometimes even three times a week. We're at the end of ideas, we can't have the house blessed because then Sarah would be sent away as well as John.

Does anyone have any experience with these types of things? How is it that you can get rid of them for once and for all? Is it truly possible that he could kill Roger if he wanted to?

Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, the-imaginary-friend, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Carmen_Niklaus (2 stories) (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
Hey the-imaginary-friend,

Do you have an update? I'm wondering what's been happening. Has "John" finally went away? Or is he still threatening? ๐Ÿ˜•
GothamsReckoning (1 stories) (16 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
I know that this is quite old, but I just want to know if things got better?

Roger sounds like he has borderline personality disorders.
angelkisses63 (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-06-08)
Okay I have to say something because this really, really freaks me out. I have just joined this site after a couple of days of browsing this website. First I want to say that the names John and Sarah really stand out to me because when my little brother, Richard was about oh, 5 or 6,he would tell my mom, aunt, and I that there were two kids that talked to him that he called John and Sarah. Sometimes when I would pick on him, or when my aunt or mother would get on him he would say, "John and Sarah will get you." We would later wake up to scratches or bruises that weren't there previously. Naturally, those things could be as us rolling around and bumping something in our sleep that could scratch or bruise us. The most profound experience happened to my aunt her and if I remember correctly my aunt threatened to bust my little brother's butt for do something that he wasn't allowed to it. He responded by sayingthat if she did, John and Sarah would "get" her. She was so angry that she simply said that she would bust their butts too. At that particular moment the knife she was using to cut tomatoes for our dinner (which was hamburgers in case you really need to know) chose to spin rapidly in a circle and shoot off the counter at her. She luckily jumped back away from the knife, which landed on the floor in front of her. There was complete silence for a moment and then my little brother walks away laughing, but not his normal laugh but something much, much darker. Thankfully, after a while he stopped talking to John and Sarah but to this day he still remembers them and doesn't really like to talk about them. I thought I would share this experience because the names in your post really stood out to me and gave me a creepy feeling.
richard17 (3 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-19)
does roger have what are called guides? Spirits that look after him if he does he should ask them for help they can can clear john from your home if not then I suggest you and roger do your best to not let him get to you good luck
Mannerizms (10 stories) (172 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-27)
This seems a little odd. I'm sorry but nothing in the story really adds up, is there more to this we don't know? Are you leaving details out? Yes there are demons that live off of sexual energy but not in the way that you are describing (not that I am immediately aware of please correct me if I am wrong). Broken fingers though, I mean yes it is quite possible but one a person no matter who they are speaking to should NEVER allow their body to be possessed by someone else due to the repercussions of this! I agree with some of the comments about it possibly being some sort of manipulation on "Rogers" part or could indeed be some sort of mental illness as well. Hope all is well by now, take care and please be safe!

Blessed be!
BlueTurtle (3 stories) (176 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-26)
I'm questioning the authenticity of this story, mainly because of the manipulative nature of Roger. Broken his fingers? Having sex? And why on earth would you promise a 'ghost' that he could KILL someone if an act wasn't performed? That seems a bit extreme. Any further explanation would be great.
Mandy12151985 (4 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-05-26)
I agree with a pp who said it was Schizophrenia, it sounds like it. My ex had the illness and sounded just as you described your bf. Get to a religious leader, or a medium. Talk to his family members and friends, see what his history is. Then if things match up, go from there. If what your findings are not ghost then get him mental help!
ZUKISMOM (5 stories) (58 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-25)
My concern here is for YOUR safety not rogers. I have lived around some of the best cons in the biz most of my life and trust me people will say and go to great lengths to make you believe they are in need of your help and love only for their self gratification or they love the control they have over people with their mental manipulation. I know you have grown close to this person over 9 months but you need to stop a minute and replay things he has said and done that don't quite ADD UP and I am sure there are plenty. My suggestion is to seperate yourself from this person and see if his behavior continues without you. He may move on to another person with the same exact motive. Just a word from the wise I know cons honey and they DO NOT do care who they hurt and they DO NOT CHANGE.
Good luck and God bless
Zukismom ๐Ÿ˜‰
Pinkzilla (35 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
I agree with many previous posts, I think your fiance is either manipulating you or he is mentally unbalanced. I hope that you can find the truth about what is really going on. Best of luck to you!
robertar (223 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-06)
These are true ghost stories. That does not mean they are really true... This is the Internet where accountability is less than in the real world
May1996 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
I think you need to get your house blessed, I know that you want to help 'sarah', and she seems to mean well but I don't think you should havee to go through this with 'John', because it's concerning your health and you don't desirve it. Goood luck, hope everything turns out ok for you.
FirkinFerret (1 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Hello. This is my first time on this site, but after reading this story I felt compelled to join in. Please, please get out of this relationship. I have been in a similar situation and every time I got physically hurt because he was made to do it. Whether it is real, make believe or a medical problem the results are the same. If it is real point him in the right direction and be there for him when it's over, but let him sort this for himself so you don't get caught in the backlash. Love and thoughts are with you.
x10 (6 stories) (46 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Upon writing this comment, I haven't read what others had said yet.

Personally, I think that Roger has a case of split personality.

It's just that this is so confusing, you said that John is his ex-boyfriend, but later you said "we did a little research and we found John never existed", who was we in the sentence, was that you and someone else or you and roger?

Another thing, why would a person keeps hanging around with ghosts, why not let these ghosts rest in peace?

It's just my opinion though... If I may ask (don't get me wrong), had he seeked professional help before?

--x10--
GuardianAngel30 (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Okay, I'm very confused. So you said that this was your fiance's ex-boyfriend, who died, and then you said that he never existed. I don't understand? That's not even possible, unless someone completely destroyed any files, or any evidence of his existence, which is almost impossible considering if there was anything about him on the internet then it's never going to go away because once something is on the internet, most of the time is on there for good. I don't want to say that I think you're making this up, but maybe you could explain to me, and I could try to help out? ๐Ÿ˜Š
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
MCP, no worries, you didn't offend. It was understood as a simple mistake. I only knew differently because of my in-laws lol. I'm just anal about silly things & I didn't want you to unknowingly continue to address her by the wrong name & be embarassed when it was pointed out much later (I do things that embarass me all the time). Btw, I like your name. Much more creative than mine lol. I apologize again Imaginary, for going off-subject on your page.
Trudy44 (60 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Dear imaginary friend,

Why can't Sarah go? In fact why don't you make her leave. Better yet test her according to 1 John 4:1-4 if she doesn't pass then make her leave because she is not good. Do not be deceived by looks. Read 2Corinthian 11:14-15. โค
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Imaginary, just remember that your priest & Rogers priest aren't the only ones. There are ones who will believe you & help. If you should need help getting in touch with one I am more than happy to assist. E-mail me,

Butterflygreen08[at]aim.com

It's my job & my pleasure to help those in need ๐Ÿ˜ so hit me up & I'll hook you up, lol. Good luck & I hope to hear some good news from your end soon. Bless you.

~LSD~
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
Thumpersgirl-
No problem at all. She beat you to it though via e-mail:)
Actually two people beat you to it via e-mail lol ๐Ÿ˜†

Thank you for letting me know and I apologize if my mistake of the signature offended your husband or his family. ๐Ÿ˜
Thumpersgirl (33 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-16)
MyChaoticPeace- her name is WhiteBuffalo, not Wa-do. Wa-do is Cherokee for thank you. Sorry Imaginary for sticking that on your page, but I couln't help it. & I apologize if you take that offensively MCP, but I highly respect WB & being married to a Cherokee infused family, I had to correct it, I'm sorry.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Wa-Do-
Well if keeping the peace is your concern, I'm the least of your worries. I'm not into forum fighting so someone would have to be pretty diragatory to get a offensive or offended reply from me. Besides that religion was never really in question. Just a request for a degree of respect to be met for a similar purpose as your request after the fact. I worded it as calmly and respectfully as I could, which was particularly easy as I've already started I was not offended... No name calling or heated anythings. Agian sorry to have worried you.

Imaginary-
I think some of these other posts might be right about Schizophrenia. Here is a site you can take a look at as an alternative to the 'He's a total liar' idea... Though it's still likely...
Http://www.schizophrenia.com/family/FAQgen.htm#whattodo
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
MyChaoticPeace, apology accepted.
The reason I, personally, mentioned the cessation of the religious discussion was as in the past, such discussions resulted in heated arguments.
As a moderator on this site, it is my duty (among other things) to keep the peace. It is also my duty to insure the guidelines are followed. If you have not read them yet, please do so.
Wa-do.
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
LOL, why is everyone so worried? I just said I wasn't offended. I have, however, in the past made the mistake of saying something similar and, I kid you not, I was 'shot down' so to speak by a couple of individuals that felt I was being 'narrow minded' and not 'giving them the respect they were due'. It was not one of my favorite forum conversations. I'd rather not see another thread like it; I didn't appreciate the way they gave their argument. I was trying to be respectful and factual rather then emotional in my response. I must not have achieved that if everyone is so concerned that it'll turn into a huge deal. As such I apologize. I'm not a religious debater by choice but I do pay attention to what is said regarding religious aspects of forum conversation. Even more so now that I watch myself so intently.

Honestly, regardless of the religion of either individual it seems everyone on this forum agrees Imaginary needs to seek out help. I'm not sure I believe this Roger is legit, I think even just help from a normal everyday person Imaginary trusts would work to get the ball rolling. If this 'John' spirit is willing to harm Roger (or if Roger is willing to harm himself) to get either what he wants (which seems to be sex) or just simple attention, what would stop him from hurting you Imaginary? It's a very fine like he's walking on if this is just an elaborate ruse.
๐Ÿ˜
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
Overload! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† OKAY! I THINK THE POINT IS: Either ROGER is a LIAR or his a LIAR! Point taken! Get some medium to check roger by distance or to check the house with Rogers concern! Arrghh... Or do a Background check as one of the post said!:> update us! And for that guy who talk about christianity, I don't understand what you've said ๐Ÿ˜†

-Aya babbling nonesense...
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Please keep the peace people. We are all God's children no matter what religion so please don't start a conflict ๐Ÿ˜ญ โค โค
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Alright, let us NOT elaborate. No religious arguments. This is NOT a religious site, folks.
Stop it before it starts, folks.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
MyChaoticPeace: I understand that there are differences in every denomination of Christianity... But what it all boils down to is: all are CHRISTians...They're not Muslims, Jews, Buddists, HariKrishnas, Hindus... Get my drift?...Thank you for the lesson though... And I really don't want a debate, as I assume you do not either... This person needs help, not a debate to detract from what we're all trying to do...

I just wonder why, when most people call themselves "Christian", it is in a general term, and not Baptist, Evangelical, Protestant, etc., and they refer to Catholics as such...Catholic...NOT Christian...

Maybe the question is wrong for this particular forum, and again, I don't want to spark any contoversy... Just curious... ๐Ÿ˜Š...I really don't know how any one could take offense to my previous post though... But thank you for the head's up, and I'll try to restrain myself in the future...

๐Ÿ˜†
MyChaoticPeace (1 stories) (108 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
zzsgranny-
"I would like to mention that there is no difference between a "Christian" and a "Catholic", as "Catholics" ARE Christians... I wish everyone would get that! LOL"

I'll elaborate with the explanation of why, more likely then not, most people are saying them separately on this forum rather then nit-pick exactly why this is a rather obtuse assessment. Although true in the over all scheme of things...
1 Catholic and Christian aren't always interchangeable in context. Catholicism is a distinctive form of Christianity. Roger is a Christian but more specifically Catholic. Christian is a general term enveloping a rather large variety of similarly based faiths. We're the same but we're different. When someone has identified their belief you shouldn't use the general term when referencing a person in particular whose faith has been identified by name. It's not really impolite per say but it's also not being directly respectful of that persons faith where they have either identified themselves or been identified by another.
2 The writer has identified Roger's religious view as Catholic. However the writer has not identified his own other then simply 'Christian'. To separate which piece is being addressed, the general faith and the distinctive views, practices and, beliefs of one particular part each term should be used individually.
3 in order to address both sides' on a more fundamental level people must refer to A. The identified religion and B. The generalized term to reference which, of the many other forms for Christianity, the writer belongs to. With one the responders can be more direct and attentive to detail on many levels. If they should want to they should identify which is being discussed at length in order to avoid implications to the other denominations. Although they are all forms of Christianity they are all unique.
4 The more obvious is that is how the writer has presented it to the readers. Catholic dating Christian. As a result rather then worry to much about what means what it's rather common for a responder to do the same. A context conversation if you will?

If your statement is meant directly for writer the same still applies. The writer may not wish to declare their denomination and as such their use of the term Christan should be respected.

I, as a Protestant engaged to a Catholic, know for a fact many of the finer details are different between the denominations. Although this is common knowledge, obviously as there are separate denominations, your comment leads me to believe this may have... Passed your notice?

I'd advise you to take into account the context before commenting with the implication that people don't know the fundamentals at least of what they are commenting about. I'd also advise you to be more... Conscientious about the statements you make on issues regarding religion... That statement can be viewed as mildly insulting. Of course please understand I'm not at this point insulted at all, I'd like to help so you don't make that same mistake again and possibly receive any sort of back lash. I know some Catholics can be very sensitive to remarks like that... I've met a few...
liligibson (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
If you want to do everybody a favor, you need to have the house blessed. I said that because I don't think any spirit should stay in this world after they died. They need to see the light and John needs to go to hell. If you are a real christian, you should know that better. Sarah is not supposed to stay there anyway.
sinner (guest)
-2
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
That sounds like the devil! You need a St. Benedict Medal!

The following is a partial list of the many pious purposes of the Medal of St. Benedict:

1. It wards off from both the soul and body all dangers arising from the devil.
2. The Medal is powerful in obtaining for sinners the grace of conversion.
3. It obtains protection and aid for persons tormented by the evil spirit, and in temptations against holy purity.
4. It procures assistance in the hour of death.
5. It has often proved an efficacious remedy for bodily sufferings, and a means of protection against contagious diseases.
6. Expectant mothers have obtained special assistance for a safe delivery.
7. In time of storms, tempests and other dangers on land and sea it has been found to be a protection.
8. Even domestic animals have been visibly aided by it when infected with disease.

You can email me at: rvcory [at] hotmail.com

Rebecca
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Personally I don't think there's two spirits. If there's any. But in any case the man you are planning on marrying needs HELP. This is abuse. Manipulative & controlling. Not to mention SICK. I'm worried for you. I will continue to pray for the both of you. But please encourage your man to get help & I suggest that when these spirits whether it be 'Sarah' or 'John' whatever, I suggest you ignore it/him, when these episodes happen. If you have to leave. Tell him you don't want to communicate with either one of the spirits. Seriously, the more attn. You give him when he does this, the more crazy it's going to get, & after he pressures you in to sleeping with him, what's next? You need to protect your self & I hate to say this, but you need to protect your self from the one you love & that is so terrible & I'm sorry for you. But please, please respect your self & as others have suggested, speak to your friends about it, get an outsiders opinion. You do have friends that love you & with be honest with you, I hope. Take care of YOU! Bless you, sweetie.

~LSD~

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: