You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Is My Bedroom Being Haunted?

Real Ghost Stories

Is My Bedroom Being Haunted?

 

The first time I remember ever having anything strange happening was when I was in third grade. I was in my bed trying to go to sleep when I heard someone coming up the stairs- I know that old houses creak and groan but you could tell this was footsteps- and I was confused because it couldn't have been my parents, they pass my room on the way to theirs, and my only sibling was at a friends house, who was it?

From then on at night I always either heard footsteps, things falling in my room, or my name. It scared me so much; I didn't normally get good nights sleep. I would always have terrible nightmares that usually included either me, or someone I know dying.

One night I woke up at about 11, witch was unusual since I normally slept throughout the whole night; I looked around to see what had woken me. When I saw him I couldn't move or make any sounds. He had thick black hair and tan skin his eyes were a rich brown with a large pupil. When he saw me staring at him he cursed and knocked my lamp over, then he vanished. I immediately felt a weight lifted off of me and could move again.

I didn't see him for several more years, but then one day when I was in about 5th grade my friend and I were in the room sitting on my bed and talking. Then all of a suddenly a chilling presence came over the room. My friend noticed it too.

We looked around for the source of the cause, the air vent was shut and so were the windows. We looked around, and then suddenly, her face grew pale. I asked her what was wrong, she didn't answer me. Then I looked at what she was seeing. A stuffed tiger on my dresser was staring right at us. Then I felt the paralysis I had a few years earlier. The eyes were the exact color the mans had been, and when the weight lifted the eyes turned their normal color of yellow.

I moved into another bedroom in the house and nothing has happened to me, but the other day I went in there to read because it was quiet and the presence filled the room again. I ran out of the room before I could become immobile, but is it possible the spirit is back?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shellbell, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheNathanNS (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-09)
maybe if keeps coming back every few years
If your worried call a priest or a medium to deal with him
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
also in my experience of spirits if they are genuinely benighn they would not make you feel like that making someone feel paralised is not a nice thing to do and if it was a freind or guardian it would rather stay away than make you feel uncomfortable I know its hard and no ofence but you do sound a tad younger than me please remember you are living and this is your time your realm of existence not there's this may sound hard to do but next time you feel it tell it its making you uncomfortable and you won't tolerate that try to take back your space I'm sure there are books you can get to help you contact me I have a good one I can sugest I realy hope you can sort this out please try not to be afraid it realy can't hurt you
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-08)
pardon me for breathing pendragon, your tone is a little ofensive. Yes smudging is traditionaly a native american tradition but it can seem a complicated ritual to those of us in the west however I would not feel right abought doing a full native american religious cerimony because I'm not and I don't know how on the other hand the substance of sage is also used by anyone form mediums to witches to houswives using there own spels prayers etc, white bufalo ofers help to people on her profile all I meant was maybe she could advise shel bel on the best course of action
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-08-04)
Biblefreeme - There is a very detailed depiction on the main page about smudging. Perhaps you should read it, instead of making boor whitebuffalo recount it because you can not find this site's home page? It's also very long, and would definitely take over this poor person's page.

And on other notes - He could very well be a guardian, regardless of what the others say. I mean, I have a friendly ghost in my basement, but I'm still terrified of the thing. Just because you're afraid of something doesn't make it evil. Heck, I'm afraid of spiders as well - does that make them evil? No - they eat mosquitoes and the like, they're just bugs.

Being scared of the unknown, like Buffalo said, is a natural reaction of humans. Being afraid of spirits and ghosts is natural. What no one below mentioned was that getting your house blessed usually only works against negative entities, not positive ones. So be wary - your ghostly guest could still be around after the blessing.

If all this guy has done is watched, I can't say that he's evil. It almost sounds like he checks in on you from time to time to make sure you're not up to anything bad.

Good luck to you and yours.
Penny ❤
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-03)
apologies whitebufalo your right it is the bundle of sage that is called smudge sticks usualy used with a shell I don't know why hence the name smudging describes the act of burning perhaps as you are so knowelegable on the subject you could offer shell bel some help in doing the serimony I'm sure you will agree it can be very helpfull
rhianna99 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
i understand you, might I ask how old are you? Have you told your mom about this? When I was young and I started seeing things I asked my mom (it normally run threw family's-though females) (seeing spirits) if any body in our family had "seen any thing weird", if your mother has seen any thing she'll know what your saying. Good luck ❤ 😊
Kate_Somerhalder (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
Hey, your bedroom sounds real creepy. Have you tried asking paranormal experts to go check your room?
Tc.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
First, I have to say that the act of burning sage is not called "Smudging". It is called, burning Sage. Smudging is so much more.

Second, dreams of dying do not necessarily point to the end of life. In fact, more often than not, they do NOT. They are glimpses of "the end" of something.
An extremely difficult job (could be signified as a particularly painful death), a not so great relationship (could show someone flying over a cliff), a home situation (depending on the gravity of the situation, it COULD be "seen" as a murder) or a mid-term (could come across as a horribly "horror show" depicted "demon" chasing one down) come across to our sub, and UN conscience as very different things.
Most OFTEN our DREAMS do not make that particularly difficult "challenge" in life look as innocent as the fear of caterpillars really IS.

I am very sorry. I will be completely honest with you. When I read that third paragraph, I actually giggled. I can FULLY imagine dear sweet ol' Uncle Keith minding his own business, and just checking things out and getting "busted". I could actually see him fumbling with whatever he was doing, thinking "Crap. Busted." and in his haste to "pretend" nothing was "up", knocking over a lamp in an act of "la la la la la la. Oh, Hi! I did not know you were awake!"
The stuffed animal LOOKED at you? It turned it's head in your direction? The "pupils" of it's glass or plastic eyes "followed" you around the room?
I think I need that one cleared up a bit.
That immobility? Nothing but your own personal fear of this thing you know nothing about. Generally it is called a fear of the Unknown. Purely NATURAL. Sometimes, in our quiet times, we imagine quite a bit that is not really there. A cold spot does not necessarily mean a ghost. Sometimes that "cold spot" is actually a purely physical response TO fear.
Wa-do.
biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
try burning sage its also called smudging next time you feel threatend this thing only has as much power as you allow it to have tel it its not wanted try and stand your ground these spirits can feed of your fear the one thing you must do though and no its not turn to jesus and repent its talk to your parents they may be able to get in some proper help like a medium good luck whatever you do I hope you find a solution
Eris (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I cannot agree with those saying he's your guardian. If he is causing you fear, then obviously it's because he is not exactly there to protect you and be your friend. I'm not sure if it's a demon either, since how you described him is quite human. He could be a previous owner of your home, and you might want to talk to your parents about having the house cleansed. If he is a demon, holy water and prayers won't hurt to try, as well as speaking to a priest.
Do not attempt to talk to this being, it could only fuel more problems.
Good luck.
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
😐 Demon again? Duh! Stop Claiming that All Spirit are "DEMON or DEMONIC" and it didn't do anything bad at all based on what I have read! Anyway I agree with nephele maybe he never left and I also agree that it might be your guardian 😊 do take care... And if it do nothing bad just ignored him...

-Aya Winchester
23_Chantelle_23 (84 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
I agree with Nephele I don't think he ever left, if he is trying to scare you like that I'm not sure he could be your gaurdian, maybe research on the houses previous owners/history.You might find info in previous tenants similiar to the one you so clearly saw or info on your old room in general.
Scary stuff! ❤ **LucK**
The_Water_God (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Relax do not be scared it is a guardian the excat same thing happened to me when I first met mine you are awake yet your body can't move yours is just a little strange and proably likes spooking you my guardian is rose she is a beautiful young woman 25-30 and is very friendly but when I first saw her I was scared out of my mind if you want more info on this email me devilmc34 [at] yahoo.com
Hipboy125 (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
I agree with shellypeace. This demon is just trying to scare you, but it could eventually lead up to further harm. Are you in adolescence or such? Cruel spirits and demons often attack the younger because they seem more vulnerable. I am experiencing similar things, so you are very much not alone here.
ShellyPeace (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
You have a familiar spirit in your home, don't get scared but basically it's a demon. You have to understand that demons will either scare, deceive, draw curiosity and the biggest agenda pull us away from Jesus our God. This demon for whatever reason is taunting you. The best thing to do is ask for forgiveness of sins, become a born again believer of Jesus and pray to Jesus to get rid of the evil spirit. Demons tremble before Gods presence. If you call on Jesus and sincerely believe on him he is your protector and guide. The spirit will try to come back but Jesus is always there. Believe me it works for me:).
MusicBox (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
Have you thought about getting the house blessed or having a professional come over to check it out?

That's really creepy and it's best to nip it in the bud before things get worse.
Nephele (3 stories) (101 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-12)
WOW.
Stories about spirits being in their bedroom when they were young watching them interest me, because that happened to me.
He could be back, and he may have never left. But what kind of spirit is it and what does he want?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: