You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Red Eyed Cloaked Shadow And Recorded Voices

Real Ghost Stories

Red Eyed Cloaked Shadow And Recorded Voices

 

Hey there, my name is Chris... I play in two bands that you might know, Danger Silent & Autumns Fall. I was actually hanging out with a hip-hop artist in our recording studio last night, who was here for business. We somehow got from music and business, to the topic of life, which led to the supernatural, which then led to personal experiences we've had. After this talk we went back to my old house where I used to live about 5 years ago, where this story takes place. After searching on Google to figure out what the heck I saw this night, I decided to post my story here (seeing that there are around 50 stories of the same example).

NOTE: THIS IS THE FIRST AND LAST TIME I WILL EVER TYPE OF THIS FULL STORY, SO READ IT WHILE IT'S HERE!

This is actually a three part story... But the second part, I will make a new post for, as it's long, but ridiculously weird. First part: window creature / 2nd part: weird mountain next to my house / 3rd part: friends house nearby where we recorded what we think are ghost voices.

It begins...

I was a senior in high school, about to graduate and go to ASU (I'm 23 now, and was 17 at the time). My friend Richard would always tell me about all these weird things he saw around his house, from shadow people in his rooms, to things running around in his backyard and hiding in random places. He would get so scared he would run outside with his shotgun and flashlight trying to chase these things down. One night, it got so crazy, he told me he woke up on his roof.

Anyway...I never believed him until one night, when experienced some weird things at his house. I'm talking gates opening and shutting, weird noises, footsteps in the rain (in dirt) with no one there... Even a bullet casing in my backseat of my car with weird things written on my moon roof.

One day after all this weird stuff happened...I'm sleeping at home a block away from his house. You know when you are half asleep and you hear something happening in real life, but it occurs in your dream instead? Well... I heard scratching, like on a window, in my dream. I was still asleep, and the scratching continued... Getting louder, and louder, and louder. Finally, I wake up... And the scratching is gone. I walk to my kitchen and get a glass of water, and splash my face a bit and take a sip, and go back to bed. As I lay down, realizing I'm awake this time... I hear it again. That's when I freaked out a little bit. There are no bushes or trees next to my window at all. I turned to face my window (just talking about this part makes me shake still), and noticed my blinds moving back and forth from my fans rotation above. We had sensor lights at the time, along with security video cameras, because my parents are loaded haha. Well, I stare at the window to see the light flash on, and a shadow passes by the window very slowly not facing me, clear as day. Not knowing what to do, I just sit there for a moment. As I gather my thoughts, the shadow comes back... This time, stares right at me (huge red eyes, with an all blacked out face, looking like it had some sort of cloak or hood on, almost like the grim reaper which I saw explained in another post), and then moves on.

I run into my parents room, and yell at my dad (who is a Vietnam Veteran of the Marines, and a 20 year NYPD veteran as well... And doesn't really believe in this stuff), and tell him there is something in the backyard. We go out together and check it out. Nothing was there. So we go to his computer, and turn on the camera machine, and check out 5 minutes prior on the tapes (when I had seen the figure). Sure enough the video alarm was set off right around the time I saw the figure, along with the security lights, but NOTHING was on the camera!

I didn't understand this at all, until last night, when the hip-hop artist told me he has seen the same thing, and literally had to fight the thing away. He described it just like what I saw and said at one point, it grabbed a hold of him and he started shaking and couldn't stop until he prayed. Now I'm not very religious, but I do have my beliefs in some form of God.

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT THE HELL WAS OUTSIDE MY WINDOW!?

Did Richard bring this demon or whatever it is to me?

Now...here's the real kicker. There is a mountain near us, called Mummy Mountain. This mountain is ridiculous. More weird things have happened to me here than most people have happen in their entire lives. This is the 2nd piece of the story, but it is so long that I will post it in another post if you're interested called "Red Eyed Cloaked Shadow And Recorded Voices 2".

Now...the finale. I own my recording studio (www.avmrecordings.com)...and we bring our gear to friends houses sometimes to record solo projects and whatever. On this occasion, Richard wanted Nick & I (my bandmate) to come take all our gear over there and spend the night, recording everything in his house, because no one was there. We get there with our 30-pack of beer and mexican food and set up all the gear.

Our command station was Richard's room, where our computer and everything was set up. We set up one microphone in the garage (a dynamic shure sm58), two omni-directional mics in the kitchen (both dynamic shure pg81's facing different directions), one Rode NTK tube mic in the family room facing away from the front door in his family room (one of the most sensitive mics we have), and one hot-rodded Rode NT1 condenser mic in a hallway facing Richard's brother and sister's rooms.

Now...we tested all the mics out seeing what sounds came from where. For instance, the refrigerator made weird noises once in a while, and his toilets and such.

Hours went by of us trying to make contact with these weird beings that he claims are in his house, until Nick gets the bright idea to go out there and try to talk to it (keep in mind we have had weird things go on with Ouija boards prior to this at his house and mine, and Richard is very afraid of them, and Nick starts crying most the time when we use Ouija boards... I have no idea why). We all gather in the family room and sit on the floor. I still don't really fully believe in this stuff, so I was being the pessimist saying nothing is there. Richard tells us to think "blank thoughts"...basically saying don't think positive or negative... Just think anything.

Out of nowhere... We all get a weird vibe, and all of us agree it was negative... But we couldn't see or hear anything. So we decide Nick should go out there alone first, because hell... I wasn't going to... I had my rock star life to lead (lol just kidding, well kind of). So Nick goes out there. Richard is waiting impatiently on his bed... While I am sitting recording all of it on the computer, listening to what is going on out there on headphones.

Nick sits on a couch in Richard's living room, facing away from the mic about 5 feet away. Keep in mind, this microphone is very sensitive... It can pick up you scratching your head, so all of us had to be very quiet. Nick begins to say "If there is anything in this house, we are simply here to ask what you want? We are not here to harm you... Is there anything... Anything at all?" There is dead silence for a couple seconds, when all of a sudden I hear breathing...literally...right in front of the mic! I am an audio engineer... And I can tell generally where sounds are coming from. This was NOT coming from Nick. About 3 seconds later, Nick runs into the room... As he runs, I hear a weird kind of yell or scream... Sounded like a ghoul from Lord of the Rings or something. This startled me. Nick runs into the room, and when he opens the door, he closes it once... But when I'm listening on the headphones, I hear it close twice. I thought this was odd. As they are arguing about what just happened...I'm still listening to this thing breathing on the headphones. It was still out there! I freaked out telling them to listen it. Nick stood their in disbelief. He told me he thought he heard coyotes howling in his ear... But there was nothing of that sort on the recordings... Until later. We were very confused.

He then goes out there again... I don't know how, but this time... You hear faint sounds in the distance, what sounded like coyotes howling or people yelling. This time Nick doesn't hear the sounds though, and calmly walks back into the room. This weirded all of us out.

Richard goes out there... And nothing happens... But he is the one we thought these "beings" were after.

So, of course, they look at me... And say "YOUR TURN!". I was like, grrrreeeaatttt...

So reluctantly, I open the door, and carefully go out there... Igniting my lighter to see. I sit down on the couch with an eerie feeling and try to talk to whatever is there. Nothing happens. As I get up, I notice the mirror seems to be reflecting weird in his family room. I look at it, and get stuck. Literally, I couldn't move. I felt like I wanted to stare into the mirror, even though I wanted to get back into the room with them. Richard told me later that I could have been staring into a different dimension or something.

So here's the even crazier part. We go outside his house, and all 3 of us sit by our cars and smoke a couple cigarettes to pass the time until morning. Right as we get outside, my girlfriend Marissa calls me, who now lives with me, but at the time lived in Mesa. Richard's house, where this took place, is in Scottsdale/Paradise Valley area (a good 20 to 30 miles away). Keep in mind, she had been texting me all night telling me not to do this, and not to mess with these spirits, or whatever they were. She is talking to me with a shakey voice, telling me she had a terrible dream. She says that she had a dream where she could have sworn it was night time, but it was completely day outside, but when she walked into her house it was pitch black, with some sort of light on ME! She says I was frozen in place and wouldn't move no matter how many times she called my name. She said it really frightened her... But what I told her next scared her even more. I told her that about 5 minutes prior, I was stuck and couldn't move... Staring at a mirror in Richard's house. She thought it made perfect sense, and maybe she was astrally looking at me somehow... Which neither of us really believe in.

Now what I would like to know... Is any of this possible!?

We later reviewed the recordings when we brought our gear back to the studio. We found many more weird instances in the recordings, but ONE really stood out to us.

While we were outside, very loud noises were going on in the house... Very distinct noises. Remember...Richard, Nick & I were the only ones in this house at the time, because the rest of his family was on vacation somewhere.

After we walked outside, something started breathing again, and sounded like it made its way to the couch and sat down. You can literally hear it moving around and breathing, sounding like it was trying to get comfortable on the couch. It goes on for a long time, while we are outside. Other strange noises start happening around this time, like loud low-end bass noises, sounding like an airplane going by, but much louder and longer than usual. We would have noticed a plane going by outside as well. Also... The sounds of a fan, and a tick-tock every once in a while fading in and out from a clock... But Richard has no fan or clock in his living room, family room, dining room, or kitchen. We couldn't explain any of this...

...but we realized... When we walked back in the house, after studying the recordings, that we literally walked right by this ghost, or whatever it was. It scared the sh! T out of us.

Nick is an amazing audio engineer, and really cleaned up the recordings, and you can hear everything I'm talking about... I still have these recordings. I can post them on our web space. If you are interested in hearing them, and have any explanations on ANY OF THIS, please let me know, and I will be more than happy to show you.

I will also now post the mountain stories somewhere else on this forum under the title I quoted above if you are interested in this weird community that we found in Scottsdale by Mummy Mountain.

Thank you, I look forward to your responses... Let me know anything that you may know.

-Chr1sAZ

Other hauntings by DangerSilent

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arizona

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DangerSilent, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Will0w (7 stories) (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-12-13)
Im very interested in hearing these recordings. To me it sounds demonic, the fact that you talked about using an ouija bored is only going to invite them in.
GhostBeliver1234 (29 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-02)
I have EVPs' from videos and other sounds from around the internet and I use a program to clear the background noises. When I had ghosts for the first time it was the same as yours I was hearing breathing, whispering, yelling, howling and others but now it seems that the spirits in my house are mostly friendly but I'm planning how to get rid of the new one that is trying to kill me I mean come on it always throws things at me!

Best of Luck! ❤
psycho1138 (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-28)
Mummy Mountain is known to have a lot of quartz. Quartz draws this kind of activity like a moth to a flame. Some people believe that quartz is a kind of power generator for portals that allow spirits (and other things) to come through. Flowing water is also said to generate this kind of energy.
Sar-osity (3 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-24)
I would be interested to hear the recordings, that sounds like a lot to listen for. But I wouldn't automatically assume it was demonic like JimD likes to say everything is. It's verry ignorant to assume everything is demonic. Maybe it was maybe it wasn't, I don't know one way or another to say for sure what it was. A lot of it may have happened because you used a Ouija bord and you didn't close it properly. Has anything diferent happened since then than what usually happens? Maybe if you and your friends go back and close it things will calm down.

Sar-osity. ❤
JimD (431 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-20)
Hi;

Well, I'm a veteran of the NYPD and the US Navy Reserve. It was not the Marines, but what the heck. I'm also a demonologist. It's 100% demonic.

Demons are experts at psychological warfare, and hate being recognized. Use Catholic Holy water, especially at night. If Catholic, hit Mass, confession - frequently.

In addition to Catholic Holy water, the names of "Jesus, Mary and St. Michael the Archangel" are potent, and cause these foulk things to flee. Email me if more harassment / head games from angelic trash. Dukes2352atAOL.com.
HardToScare432 (1 stories) (72 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
Oh my gosh... Would you be able to put the recording on here?
EmeraldAngel (4 stories) (319 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
You write good... I can't really suggest anything due to never seeing any shadow people with red eyes all I can say is good luck on your findings
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-18)
It could be residual. I mean the sound of the clock and the airplane. Are they the original tenants of the house? Has he checked the history of the house and the land?
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-17)
Oh Man that is Wow! Lol You got ma Image thaT I was there lol very interest and Keep it up you doing good also You should had your own Home page of ghost story and Sound etc you name it... One thing you say ya'll heard sound like a Airplane maybe First resident haunted may had be crash before your friend's family move there...
silvergate7 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-15)
i would like to hear the recordings if you want to thanks also you should search for the history of the house or the property
MusicBox (1 stories) (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-14)
When you used the Ouija board, did you use it properley? And was it in that room with the mirror? Because I read a few times that you're supposed to cover up mirrors (just one of the things to do before using) as it can be some sort of "portal" for other spirits.

Maybe when you were walking past it later, there was something inside right at that exact moment watching you and your unconscious picked up on it (assuming you didn't cover the mirror)?
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Intersting story mate and well written does seem as though you have contacted something there! Its great you have access to all those awesome microphones and recording devices I am looking forward to reading your next submission.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
Thanx SO much for this story. I'm going to read your next one before I give a comment of any real value. LOL! But I love the way it's written. It's got me kind of freaked out & it's hard to get me freaked out. Lol! For real man. I also am going to check your site out. I want to hear some of your music? Can I? Anywhere? Bless you & your. Much love, homie.
~LSD~
Aya-Love-Carrots (150 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-13)
😆 😆 I would say ignored it, eventually it will go, if your wondering what it is? Maybe its a spirit but I think it was elemental (the one who lives on tree or mountain) ... Aside from the fact that you uses ouija (anyway did you close the ouija after you used it?) saying/talking about ghost stories with other people attract some spirit... Anyway ROCK ON!:) and do take care... La la la...

-Aya its ok there's nothing left to say...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: