You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mass Of Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Mass Of Shadow

 

So I'd like to start this story by saying a little about myself. My name is Danny I'm 18 years old and for as long as I can remember I have been able to see auras around people. Now that I'm older it's harder for me to see them compared to how I used to see them when I was a child. Now I just feel around for emotions around people and once in a while get a glimpse of an aura. Anyway, about 2 years ago I was returning home from a get together with my 2 closest friends. We were not drinking or high or anything when this happened, we were completely sober. It was just the three of us and we all lived on the same street.

After the get together we made our way to our street. (We had to walk it) and we were just getting to one of my friend's house when we saw this strange um I want to say mass of shadow in the middle of the street. The street light was on and that's the only way we could see um "it". At first we thought it was a cat or someone's sweater because that's what it looked like. So we kept walking up until we realized it wasn't a freaking cat or at least a sweater.

Upon getting closer we heard this ridiculous loud womanlike scream. I can't even describe the sound it was just awful like a cat and baby crying at the same time. We looked around anxiously thinking maybe somebody needs help. I hadn't noticed that my friend Ryan (who is sensitive to paranormal activity more than I am) was starring dead at the whatever it was in the center of the street. Now Ryan is very good at the psychic thing, he is very accurate in most of his predictions and knows the atmosphere around him very well. He then whispered the one sentence I never want to hear again in my life next to I'm pregnant (just kidding had to get a little humor in there =D) anyway he said " it's going to kill us? At this point I'm like Sigh of course we had to be the ones to run into something that wanted to kill us why am I not surprised. After thinking that I looked for my other friend and to my surprise (not really) he was already halfway back down the street. That's when I'm like crap I should've bailed with him! Oh well. So there we are Ryan myself and that thing.

We were going to make a run for it but as soon as I got into position Ryan screamed at me to stand my ground. That's when I stood still and watched in horror as the thing in the middle of the street took the form of I guess you could call it the shape of death. I remember being so scared I couldn't move a muscle. We kept hearing that horrible noise and realized it was coming from that thing, not only that it was starting to move towards me. It didn't walk it freaking glided in the air not fast either it was taking its sweet time. At this point Ryan knew I couldn't move I guess because he went next to me and shook me until I unlocked my body.

Now at this point I know this story is pretty long but I'm at the ending don't worry. (I apologize I'm a very descriptive person) So there I am Ryan was almost trying to drag me away from it. I remember this part so vividly. I remember feeling cornered by this thing like if we ran it would just catch us. Then I remember feeling angry because I was afraid of it killing me. At that point I asked my grandfather who had died a few months before to help me. I said grandpa I don't want to die please give me the strength to make it out of this alive. Then I remember feeling so angry at the dam death thing that I looked at my right hand envisioned the protective hand of my grandfather (He loved me very much) and all I saw was a white aura around it. At that point in my head all I said was Thank you. Next thing I know I charged at the thing and as fast as I blinked it was gone.

To this day I still don't know what happened to it or what it was I did with my hand. What I do know is I passed out on the spot I woke up surrounded by my family and Ryan they had all seen what happened and were worried sick. I remember I was complaining and I quote "where in the fudge are those religious neighbors we have! When we have a bar b q they appear, when there's a party they appear but no when there's an evil spirit suddenly no one lives here!

It's odd though since that day I have struggle to sleep sometimes at night and I feel like I'm being watched. I don't know maybe it wants payback or something but I don't care because I know my grandfather Is keeping an eye on me and will be there to help me again when I need him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, xdannyx117x, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-27)
[at] pendragon um I don't think he did but I don't know I did have another expirience recently and will be posting a story on it here soon
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-10)
I don't think so, as much. As long as your dad did what he was supposed to with the Ouija board, such as guard himself and close the session properly, he should not have come into contact with anything too diabolical. Ouija boards aren't all that bad, and sometimes, the ones that claim to be satan, and appear evil are just angry human spirits.

I wouldn't worry about weather or not it's a ghost that your dad talked to. This seems a bit far-fetched, and honestly, a bit unlikely. A true evil spirit would take advantage of your dad's weakened state. The voice your dad heard could possibly been a normal spirits, or possibly a bad recording of the song, or a bad transferal of song from computer to ipod.

Rule out all logical reasons first, and then worry about the illogical.:)

Penny ❤
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-09)
Lol that would make sense penny what I did fail to mention in the story thou is that my father had played with a Ouija board when he was younger so I don't know if that could have anything to do with it I do no that he has had encounters a few with some sort of demon I guess I'm not sure I remember I heard him tell me once he was listening to a tape player once (the old ipods haha) and the song changed and said some odd evil things to him in a demonic voice, he said he quickly threw the darn things away and never came back for them so I have no idea if that could have something to do with it, my dad does have a messed up back and can't really defend itself maybe its an evil um thing that wanted my dad but took an interest in me. Anyone have any ideas on this?
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Sorry that I haven't replied! Danny - Maybe your friend's Banshee has taking a liking to you as well. You said that he was one of your closest friends. Perhaps she felt as if she had failed to protect you, as a member of your friend's extended family? Anything could have mad he latch a piece of herself on to you - perhaps a wish for protection for you and your friends (from the part Irish friend).

Whatever the case may be, good luck.:) And like I said - Banshees, though definitely terrifying, are protective ghosts which wail when they can't protect their Irish families. Maybe, like I just said, this extends to those that the Irish family consider close.

Penny ❤
GoldenGate (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
If you happen to meet that stuff again while you are all alone just envision your grandpa is going to help you. Or whatever imagination that might help you. Visualization is a good thing to deal with the strange apparition or stuff that terrifies the hell out of you.
😜 😠
But it needs a little bit training. So that you just don't scare to death and drop unconscious. But that at least you can empower yourself and belief that you can over power the stuff just by your strong command and thinking.
Http://indigo-crystal-starseed.blogspot.com/2010/02/first-source.html
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
[at] James dude if its not your experience why hate on it this is a place where people come to share their experiences yes there are a few plagiarized ones but those can be proven now unless you can show me where mine is fictional I suggest you don't say anything at all thank yew
JamesL (8 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
Actually I've heard of a similar account. That is an account regarding a screaming/shrieking black shadowy mass.

The story regarded this family. The mother was an extreme alcoholic, depressed from childhood abuse that she suffered. The mother died from liver disease (or something attributed to her high alcohol consumption). Anyway one night the husband awoke to a terrifying shriek. Having left the bedroom door open, he saw a black swirling mass in the hallway outside. This event occurred two nights in a row.

It was believed that the spirit of the mother was ridding herself of her negativity before entering the spirit world.

So in your case, that spirit that you encountered likely had a troubled past, possibly an unfortunate end and was just dealing with negative energy.
JamesL (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
Sounds fictional. Well at least you've got a good imagination.
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
[at] darkness
Um yeah we kind of do he still can't get over me charging and I still can't believe I did that but overall we talk about it freelyand keep telling each other to keep an eye on everything that moves haha
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Haha when you described the scream it reminded me of the child in "The Grudge" quite freaky. I'm going to agree with Penny it does sound like a Banshee but I suppose we will never know. Have you spoken about it with your friends recently?

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
LOl um thanks shinigami I guess I could pull that off and yup we only get one life why live it in fear =D and yeah penny you nailed it I don't know if that things at rest though I see it in my dreams sometimes and usually in dark rooms I sense I'm not alone but I just laff and say what round 2 already? =D
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Huzzah for my intuition being correct!

And glad I could help, Danny. 😊 His family's banshee musy be relieved. 😉

Penny❤
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
xdannyx117x-
Honestly, when you talked about taking it on again, I got this mental image of some hardcore person charging a shadow creature with an intense face, while metal music is in the background. I think its good to eventually face fears. 😊
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Wow thanks for that penny and yeah actually Richard my friend that was the first that took off does have a little irish blood in him
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Spirits are drawn to the people sensitive to their presence, whether for guidance, help, or for company. In your case, I think that the shadow was lonely, and wanted company in death, as your friend suggested. The scream could have been a woman who had been murdered, or a breed of Banshee (hence the scream of death). Traditionally Irish, but not always.

Http://www.magick7.com/ghosts/banshee.htm
Http://faeriemagick.com/believe/the-banshee/

This line sticks out to me in one of the readings on them: "The Banshee protects the family as best she can, perhaps as a forerunner of the "Guardian Angel" in Christian traditions. However, we are most aware of her before a tragedy that she cannot prevent."

Or, perhaps the shadow spirit was not the banshee, and you only heard her scream after she thought she could not save whichever of you in the group that may have a few drops of Irish blood in you. Who knows. But the instant you meantoned that scream, "Banshee" triggered in my mind. Who knows?

Penny ❤
xdannyx117x (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Thank you for the advice and if it did take an intrest in me I don't care I'm pretty shure I can take it again at least I hope and I know my granfather will always keep watch on me =D
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Wow, you must've been pretty angry at that thing! My thought is that whatever it is fed off of your fear, and that may be why it wasn't in a hurry.
Also, because you charged at it, it may have taken an interest in you, possibly because it may feed on negative emotions such as anger and fear.

Another possibility? If you're comforted by this presence, perhaps it might be your grandfather, and he's making sure you stay safe.

I would burn some sage around the house, just to be safe. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: