You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Non-believer... Until A Few Nights Ago

Real Ghost Stories

Non-believer... Until A Few Nights Ago

 

Until a few nights ago, I enjoyed watching movies about hauntings and ghosts, but never believed in "evil" spirits. Until now... A part of me still thinks I'm just crazy, but I'm hoping that someone can help me out with ideas on how to get my sanity back. Here's my story.

I went to bed at 11:30pm on a Saturday night. I woke up in the middle of the night because my arm had fallen asleep so I went to switch positions and I couldn't move. At that moment, I heard a crinkly sound followed by a cool breeze (almost like someone was waving a plastic bag at me). I was trying to reach my cell phone to call my neighbor for help, but couldn't. I was shivering and frozen; I couldn't move. The sound and chills continued for a minute or two and I noticed a gurgling sound coming from my throat. Both stopped at the same time. I heard a voice say "...sick bastard".

A few seconds later I heard my bedroom door slam. After five minutes (or so), I finally got up the near to roll onto my back and saw that the door to my room was closed. I never close my bedroom door. I have a small son and have never closed my door in case of someone breaking in. I don't want a barrier between me and my son. At this time, I noticed that my son's TV in his room was at maximum volume, when normally I can't hear it from my room. I summoned up the courage to check on him and his remote was on the nightstand (I thought he could possibly have rolled over on it and hit the volume button). I felt this presence and it was not a comforting one.

A few days prior, I came home from work and my dog met me at the front door. She is a 7lb Chihuahua who stays in her kennel when I'm at work. I turn her kennel against the wall so she can't get out and close her bedroom door. The door was open, the kennel was on the other side of the room, and the latches were still locked. I'm starting to think that something or someone is in my house.

I have been scared to sleep at night since the incident and I don't know what to do. Can someone please help me? I am living in constant fear and need this to stop!

Please help...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, slk421, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-21)
SuperHBK The Salt method is used in both western magic as a protective circle or barrier and in shinto practices in much the same aspect It is not bull and has been used to protect from dark entities and nusiances alike for several centuries. If your research in those 7 years didn't tell you that I sugest you widen your research Unlike some I am not the type to insult another person methods without proper feild research I happen to work as an exorcist and the salt method has rarely let me down In the 10 years I have been useing it, also Fyi negitivity has plenty of other causes. Also as to the feilds aura reading and dealing with melevolent spirits there is a world of difference. Again I am not meaning to insult mearly inform

Your freind,
The Puppeteer
indiandaksh (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
hey, I'm Daksh and I totaly agree with SuperHBK, someone might have been murdered and his spirit wants revenge, if anything tries to harm you, I suggest you leave the place because I believe that the spirit of a murdered person is usually violent
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
well here is my comments... Your bedroom is haunted by a person who had been murdered in there, the way you describe the sound of the plastic and the gurgling from your throat means that they were strangled to death. This sounds very easy to explain and I like to analyse these things. Now my theory is as follows. The "murderer" went in to the "guest" room (murderer may be a family member) and switched on the T.v for sound, then proceeded to the next room where the victim is, the voice that you heard by saying "sick bastard' might be that the victim did something wrong and there may be a lot of factors playing a role. And now the spirit is still on the revenge path. So I say that you get a pastor, priest or whom ever in the before it is to late.

[at] PUPPETEER13

Might I ask where did you come with that bull of salt? My friend I have been in the paranormal research for 7years and this is the first time I hear about this, and fyi salt is the cause of negativity in a persons aura...
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Hello I am Twinkle. Is your house too old? Did it belong to anyone before? If it did so I think Someone of the house died and the persons spirit is haunting your house. 😊
Puppeteer13 (131 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
greetings I am Puppeteer13 The way to remove the entity from your house is to use sage and purify the rooms a line of salt across your doors would also help please feel free to contact me for further assistance my email is on my profile

Your Freind,
The Puppeteer
California_Girl (9 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
alyssabautista [at] yahoo.com Please feel free to contact me. I may be of assistance in your quest to rid yourself of these frightening occurences.
ILuvKittenz (11 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Just ask it to please leave you alone or to stop messing with things. I,personally,would say something like,"Whoever died and is still here, you don't have to leave, but please don't mess with stuff anymore.":) Good luck.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
-2
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Well there has been one substance to keep on hand with nasty spirits- that traditionally has been most efficacious: Cold Iron.

Http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_in_folklore
Bryar (6 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
I agree with what the other users have stated, being and bringing a positive energy into you home will only aide you in finding relief. Keep up the prayers. I imagine that if some of the activity stopped since you have been praying and that it then returns, that perhaps it doesn't like the prayers, so just keep at it. Also, I would tell it that it is not welcome in your home. Tell it to leave. Say it out loud, be firm and keep positive about yourself and your place as the home owner. You wouldn't let some strange person come into your home and terrorize you, so don't let this spirit. You can do this! Also, if you are religious, you could have a priest come in to bless the house. Another good thing to try would be to imagine yourself and your family (pets included) surrounded by a pure white healing and protecting light. Nothing bad can penetrate this light. Feel how it warms you, how comforted you are by knowing you are safe, knowing your son and dog are safe. I would do this at the beginning of each day, with a prayer- again in the midday- and once again at night. Good luck to you and your family.

I am sending you all my strength and positive energy to surround you. Take care.

~Heather ❤
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Welcome to the site,

Sorry to hear what's happening around your home, though I find it intresting that the activity level went from zero to objects being moved around, doors slamming and things of this nature.

Makes me wonder... Have you recently bought any 'used furniture' or purhaps been gifted something?

Or can you think back, have there been little things happening that you may have 'dismissed' as natural ocurences, things like missplaced keys, rings, or ear rings set down in one place and being found in another... Or days later in the spot you placed them?

Positve Energy and Prayers are Wonderful things, I am sending both your way, please keep updating us, there are many here on site that can help.

Respctfully,

Rook
Lucy1 (2 stories) (16 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
You poor thing, I'm sorry it's happening to you. This does sound as if something paranormal is in your house to me.
Definitely increasing the positive energy around the house and trying to ignore it as much as possible would help as I'm sure you know it can feed off of the energy/fear.
You sound like a great parent so that fierce protectiveness may help to subdue things and let it know who's boss. Let us know how you get on!
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Hmm, do you have anything to occupy yourself with that would increase the positive energy of the house? I'm thinking that maybe this could snuff out the negative energy, and possibly keep your mind off of it. It tends to work for me, anyway. 😊
slk421 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
I did the burning sage and I pray every night before I go to bed. This seemed to help for about a week or so, but just the other weekend, my couch was moved in the middle of the night. I haven't had any episodes during the night, but I still have this negative feeling. The strange thing is that I did not believe in the supernatural until this point.
Thank you for your suggestions! I will keep you posted.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Ergh, no one should feel that terrible in their own home. For now, I would suggest burning some sage, if you're religious, keep up with your spirituality, and try doing research on the house if its old.

The fact that you are interested in the paranormal may also open yourself up more, and an entity may have noticed this and decided to tag along.

I hope your family and your little dog stays safe! 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: