You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadows Of The Past

Real Ghost Stories

Shadows Of The Past

 

What I am about to tell is a story of my experiences with what I believe to be minor demons and please don't preach about god and stuff don't get me wrong I'm okay with Christianity but I just don't believe in it so sorry.

My story starts when I was 6 years old my parents had just split up But my mom made one big mistake she let me stay with my dad for6 weeks before taking me away from him after that my anger and sadness Were out of control that's when I first started seeing them they were dark Shadows each looked different but all said the same thing it's her fault it was like a Whisper in my ear but I listened and was always angry for years.

When I turned 7, they left me alone most of the time but when I turned 8 they came back and were much more malevolent. I was more vulnerable because of a horrid bully but this time they said something that has scared me to this Day. One night they surrounded me and said in unison "die and join us". After that I tried to commit suicide but failed because I gave up on it.

Years after though at age 10 I nearly got consumed by anger and held a knife to my mother's neck it was dull though but that night they came back and tormented me saying I'm worthless, I should give up on life for what I did that time. I tried a second time to kill myself and gave up on it as well

Lately at age 14 they calmed down but I have become more sensitive to the supernatural.

Can you please tell me what these things are demons or something else?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shadowsofthepast, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
Hello, That sound like me but kind of diffrent My parent dicvorce too when I was 7 I wasn't really happy about it but yes angry and hurting did want to hurt my mother and blame her for that dicvorce cause I was very close to my daddy so anyway I believe it's myself have this mental problem so I am sure you might have that so Don't blame that we just can't help it and plus only thing that can stop that is medince from the doctor Plus I know when your parent dicvorce is cause you feel lonley like they together and feeling happy but when that change by the way I don't change either but what other say is that life part of life that nobody like it. I use to hurt my mother too by hit her and bite her etc name it but that change now I am older I am in my late 30's even thought I look young don't let my look fool you:) so if you want talk I am sure My e-mail show on profile if not then its ms.lsumoon [at] yahoo.com yes I live louisiana where all this paranomals is. I do understand the problem cause I had that problem before I was very young at that age.
HollyAnnLewis (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Hello.

Just as a first note, young preteen to teenage children are more likely to have experiences. You stated you took your parent's divorce very hard, and that's when they started, at a time when you were depressed, and upset. This could be a physical manifestation of all your anger. Not saying that in itself is not paranormal, but I believe that you can overcome this. It's possible. These manifestations are yours, not ghosts telling you to hurt your mother or anyone else. That's you. Believe it or not. It's your manifestation of your anger at her. The one telling you to die, is your want to give up. Your two failed attempts at suicide so young makes me believe you may have a mental disorder, which can cause these hallucinations, and voices. I'd get some medical help before calling in the ghost hunters.
shadow86 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
i don't think you are crazy it's just that I too toung to give advices I'm just 14 and I've been seeing this girl I don't kmow. And it's not a joke she scares me like hell she is just a blurry figure, I've seen her 4 times and I feel like I'm being watched all the time.

This comment from bluesman87 is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

GoldenGate (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Hi shadows of the past how are you today. 😁 Yea angry feeling, disappointment, and resentment they themselves are like entities on their own. They consume your negative energy. And so that's why they are chasing you all over like your story. But when you submit to the feeling of desperation and anger and that is the door they get in. Create a happy positive and nurturing energy I am sure that entity will starve to death. But when you rekindle your shadows of the past like anger, depression and so on, you know, these entities live again. These entities are like a parasites or tumors, it lives because you give them the "food" to eat, which is feeling of depression. Because of this, first you can lose your identity, second you can loose your self worth, third you can become their prey... Say like suicide?!?
And when you become their prey... You contribute nothing to a healthier life style, nurturing environment where good relationship, love, appreciation, and forgiveness is honored.
Http://indigo-crystal-starseed.blogspot.com/2010/01/sovereign-integral.html
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
It could be your own demon since you were angry at the time. Find someone to talk to or get a stress bal or a punching bag to let it out. Sorry to hear about all you've been thru. I can't imagine how hard it was for you. I'll pray for you and your safety.

aravindganesh (2 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
hmm... Quite interesting...
Personally I feel there is some connection between the time you were born in this earth & those voices.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Shinigami: Thanks! I try 😆...I do get witchy on occasion, in fact I had a comment deleted by the mods recently LOL 😆...That doesn't happen too often though... I enjoy your posts, also... We need more people like you on here!

Shadows, sorry for hi-jacking your page! 😳
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Zzsgranny-
You know, you always have some of the best comments. They're always very uplifting and at times, humorous.

I agree with zzsgranny about the stones. Also, to add to your possible stone pouch, try getting a stone that I vaguely remember being called "the ward of the evil eye". It will be a colored stone with an eyeball on it. Pretty sure you can find them at a new age store or site as well.

And yes, going for walks by yourself can be very relaxing and can also relieve stress.

I hope our suggestions can be put to good use. 😊
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Shadowsofthepast: Okay, then we need to take one step at a time... Seeing as how you're not particularly religious, I suggest getting yourself an amethyst stone and a clear crystal... The amethyst helps to keep negativity away, and the crystal will boost it's power... These stones can be found at any new age shop, or any place that sells stones, as well as on-line...Do a little research, and find out what your particular power stone is... Your power stone will be your birthstone, either your month or zodiac sign... Both are just as powerful... Remember to cleanse them prior to carrying them, to remove all negativity that may have been deposited by some one else handling the stone... You do this by soaking your stones in a salt and cool water mixture, or placing them on a hand mirror, both for about 24 hours... Place them in a small pouch and carry them with you always... When you feel the negativity start to build up, re-cleanse them... You can place the pouch under your pillow at night while you sleep, also...

You're rather young, so I think meditation may not work for you...But, if you can go some where peaceful, like a park or lake, (believe it or not, some of us enjoy quiet walks through cemeteries, they are the most peaceful places on earth! 😊), and try to not think about anything in particular... Just enjoy your surroundings...

And meanwhile, do try some of the other suggestions I've made... Try to focus your energy in a more positive way, and positive things will start to happen..."What goes around, comes around"... ❤
Shadowsofthepast (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
zzsgranny that's the thing though I have talked about it and they still go on so I'm just guessing that they ae praying on me so yeah they most likely think I'm weak
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
Shadowsofthepast: Please, if you do nothing else, find someone you can talk to... I don't care who it is... If your relationship with your Mom is such that you feel you can't talk to her, find another adult, and keep looking until you find someone who'll listen and remain non-judgemental...I believe these are your personal demons, and you need to find a way to relieve the stress in your life...

One of the best ways I've found to do this is by writing...Poetry, stories, just random thoughts, or musical lyrics... Put your thoughts on paper, and don't hold back...Or, you could try a more artistic approach and try to draw, sculpt or paint...

And if any of that fails, get a punching bag!...You may laugh, but imagine how much frustration can be relieved by punching something 😆 (that isn't human)...I would recommend that ANYWAY...

You're probably sensative to the paranormal, but if you don't dump the negative and SOON, things can get much worse... Not trying to scare you, but try a little positivity... It will work wonders...

If you need to talk, my e-mail is on my profile... 😊 ❤
Elephante81 (2 stories) (59 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
BadJuuJuu I was just about to say basically the same thing. The mind can do crazy things. Although this seems very scary, I would rule out anything medical first. Talking to a parent or counselor would be a great first step in figuring everything out
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
I agree with BJJ. I know you're still young, but maybe going to see a doctor or councilor will be able to help you out with them. Always go to a doctor to rule out any logical issues that may have stemmed from a divorce at a young age. I had to, and sometimes still do, and my parents divorced when I was about 5 - I'm 20 now! Please don't think we're asying you're crazy. I've been to doctors, and I'm still a sensative to the paranormal. It happens sometimes, and it's a blessing and a curse.

Please do not listen to the shadows anymore when they tell you to end yourself or your mother. I do not know the circumstances of the divorce, but if you'd like to talk, feel free to email me - my email is visible on my profile.

Penny ❤
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+4
14 years ago (2010-09-03)
My thought is that the shadows you are seeing are manifestations of your own inner turmoil. Parents getting a divorce can be very traumatic, especially for someone very young. Talk to a school councillor, they should be able to help you out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: