You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Nursing Residence Room Nr 2

Real Ghost Stories

Nursing Residence Room Nr 2

 

As far back as I can remembered, I have been sensitive to the paranormal. When I was a child, I did hear and feel stuff, but never saw anything. As a child it didn't bothered me, and I was not afraid. The first Ghost or whatever it was I saw when I was still in nursing training. That was when I stayed in room nr 2 in the nursing residence. That thing gave me the fright of my life.

Room nr 2 was listed for me to move in. The first entering to that room gave me the creeps. I remember my hair rose, and it felt like someone was watching every move I made. I slept at night with the light on at first, but struggled to sleep with that bright light, I decided to try and sleep without the light. To be honest, that room was old, but neat it was just the weirdest feeling I had entering it each time as if someone else was in the room also checking me out. I didn't even undress in that room. I went to the bathroom for that. After a view nights without the light on I managed to sleep, but I was scared. I never closed the curtains, because the outside light would give a dim light into my room.

One night when I got into bed, I felt very scared. I tried to sleep, but keep on peeping through my eyes to make sure there was nobody in my room. I covered my whole body with my blanket, even my neck so that nothing could touch me. Eventually I fell asleep. Something woke me up. There was no noise, but I felt terrified, in such a way I was too scared to move. I knew where it was. I knew it was at the end of my bed watching me. I remembered pulling the blanket over my head slowly. I could feel its presence very strong, and I was too scared to move. I started to feel cold as I waited for it to leave, but it didn't. It felt like ages. Eventually I peeped out from a little hole I created in my blanket that I pulled over my head to make see if there is anything at the end of my bed where I felt its eyes on me. I nearly died, or it felt so at that time. My heart felt like galloping out of my chest when I saw this evil thing.

I saw at the feet end of my bed the silhouette of a huge man like a bodybuilder. He was huge. His neck was thick. I could see the outline of his face and ears. He didn't have hair. His head was big and round, and also his face. His shoulders was huge, and his arms big and strong. He was like a heavy weight wrestler, but bigger than any man I ever saw. I couldn't see his face. He was standing at the end of my bed in front of the window where the dim light from outside gave him form. He was all dark. I didn't know what to do. I just started to pray and pray. It felt like I prayed forever before it left me alone. When it left I jumped out of bed heading for the light switch very fast. I woke up my friend in the room next to me, and stayed in her room for the night.

I refused to go back to that room the following day I moved to another room situated in another part of the nursing residence. All was fine in my new room, except for the bathroom.

One day when I bathed my shampoo bottle lifted up in the air for about the height of a ruler, and came down again. Like someone's picking it up and putting it down again. I felt uneasy, but not frightened like something's going to harm me. Maybe that was just a ghost wandering around. That was other thing I saw. I call it thing because I don't know what that was, but I knew it was evil.

Can anyone tell me what that thing was?

Other hauntings by Trix

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Trix, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

moonamiga (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Hey trix, You have already commented on my story and seems like you are just sensitive to these things and there is nothing wrong with that really. My email is open if you would like to email me to at mami.372911 [at] yahoo.com
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Hi Trix... I would like it if you could email me then we can discuss these stories via email and share other experiences aswell. My email adress is albertb [at] angloplat.com
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-08)
Hi SuperHBK, I would like to read your stories you must post them. You think that thing wanted to communicate. Let me tell you if that thing said even half a word that night I would have run faster than the speed of light. In my whole life I never felt that frightened by any unknown company as with that one. All that was crossing my mind was the fact that I must start praying to be saved. No offend but I will never communicate with a ghost because I really don't trust them. I will tell them to leave though but I won't communicate in a way like having conversations. One day a ghost or whatever it was pinned me down tried to trick me and talked with the voice of my father but I knew it was false so I prayed it away. Take care.
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-07)
Trix... It might be that, that thing is trying to communicate with you, remember one thing, once a spirit tired to communicate it will never stop unless he gave you his message, now I would not take it likely that those incidents is not connected, there is always a possibility that it might be connected. That thing must have been in mortal peril and now it "chose" you to help him find peace. Thanks for your stories I will post mine real soon I have one or two thrilling encounters with spirits... ❤ ❤
blue_raven80 (13 stories) (338 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
I think it is not an evil spirit and it is bound to that room for some reason. I agree with darkness with the laying of the house rules. It will help you a lot. If it does not follow you to the other room then it could be an unhappy spirit.

God Bless. ❤
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Hi SuperHBK, thanks for your comment. I must say when the shampoo bottle was lifted up I was not frightened, I just felt uneasy because I was bathing and I didn't like the fact that something was inside the bathroom with me. It invaded my privacy. I can't connect the two incidents with each other because I would have known if it was the thing in room 2. Now that you ask strangely after this there was something else. Someone would call me by my name in a distance. It was loud enough for me to hear, and when I looked back to see who was calling there would be no one. I ignored it thinking I was just imagining stuff. But it was not imagination. I also can't connect this calling my name with the other two incidents. I really don't know what that was. I ignored it after getting used to it. That voice seemed to follow me because after I got married and moved into a house with my husband at that time the voice also followed. That house was haunted and I got hold of a guy from church to come and cleanse the house, and he also prayed for me. After that the voice also disappeared. I never heard it again. I don't know what that was. I think some things are just unexplained.
Trix (14 stories) (407 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Hi guys, thanks for all your feedback. Penny, I'm like you-not ready for medium stuff. I think it's because my father told me to leave the dead in peace, but the thing is I do leave them in peace. Sometimes they just don't want to leave me in peace. Lol. Yes graveyards are scary, but I can still handle a graveyard at night. That's why I'm puzzled about this one, because his presence was so strong and powerful, it woke me up with a kind of fear that I never want to experience ever again. I was even to afraid to say anything to him. Usually I tell them to leave me alone, and to move on but this one, gee he was something else. That is why I thought it was evil, but angry also makes sense now. Thanks Penny.
Daz, thanks for your interesting reply. I never knew a spirit could try to invade your mind that is really scary. Is there any warning sign to be aware of when something like that wants to happen?
KenMakazi, very interesting story about this Kapre. I hope never to cross roads with one of those.
Adwal, thanks for sharing your thoughts. I also felt it was something evil, because it was very powerful, and kept me in fear that felt forever at that time. The other guys also brought it to my attention that it might have been an angry spirit.
Meracles51030, thanks for your reply. This doesn't really make sense for me, because this was a nursing residence where nurses stayed since it was build. No patients or men lived there. It was only for nurses to occupy. Men were not even allowed into the rooms either. It doesn't make sense. The ghost in the bathroom was not angry or evil. I just felt uneasy because I was naked in the bath and it didn't showed itself, and I'm a very private person. You know what I mean? I felt uncomfortable rather than frightened at that moment.
😕
SuperHBK (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-06)
Trix... I just have to comment on this story because the exact same thing happen to me a few years ago, but mine was a little more devastating after I have done some research on that ghost. It would appear to be a solid manifestation of a paranormal object... If you have looked into the matter you would find out that if a "figure" just stands over you and watches you it means no harm... But what is puzzeling me is the fact that when you bathed the shampoo bottle lifted up... My guess is that, that thing that was standing at the end of your bed was not there to befriend you... I would like it if you can tell me after those two expriences, did something else also happened? 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-05)
Trix - Nursing homes are notorious for being "haunted." 😊 There have been numerous accounts of residents who have seen angels, family members, etc. And not only before their passing. There are even tales, and I'm being serious here, not sarcastic at all, of residents who can see death when It comes to claim It's next soul.

To many people, nursing home residents can sometimes resemble mental institution patients. (This comment is not directed to you in any way.) Some of these residents have such wonderful gifts. Sorry, got off the subject there. 😉

You asked what "we" thought that thing was. I think he was a former resident. Some of the residents are there due to mental inability to either live alone or to be cared for at home. The fact that he was in your room at night and he was a spirit was enough to scare you. Add to that his size and that he just stood there and stared at you. I think that might scare anyone but the most cynical or seasoned of us. I'm not making light of you being scared. I've had that feeling 3 times. And it scared the crap out of me each time.

Maybe, because you were new, he was just checking you out. I know that sounds creepy in a way, but it could be that's all he was doing.

I would say you obviously encountered two spirits while you did your nurse's training there, but like AussieDaz said, I don't think either of them intended to harm you. You would have quickly realized that.
adwal (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
it was probably an evil spirit. You were lucky to start praying, maybe that spirit would have taken 'advantage' of you. Be weary of these things. The other spirit was probably just a child or something. Probably an entire family or community of spirits live in that building.

Adam
KenMikaze (13 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
In the Philippines, we have that sort of a man; we call it a Kapre. It is not a maleovolent being as it is content on sitting in its favourite tree while smoking his cigar. What's creeps people out is that it is generally "playful" and enjoys making them lose their path. It can be harmful if you disturb its peace by lighting a pit fire near its abode, or if it is enthralled by a woman.

For those hopeless romantics out there, it can have a very bitter-sweet one-sided love story. When it is in love with a woman, it will never leave her side, although without her seeing it. It will also endow its paramour with gifts of gold, sometimes with healing powers. Sad to say, though, its lovestory is unrequited and it would forever haunt its lady love, professing its love in the shadows.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+3
14 years ago (2010-09-04)
I am inclined to think that this person you saw was probably not evil, on the bases that when you changed rooms you where fine... Evil beings don't let you of the hook that easy, it would have followed you to the next room had it wanted to invade your mind... Based on the description that this presence was a large man, I would presume that his energy field was a little more positive and active than the average person... What I believe has happened here is that your own energy and spiritual instincts felt uncomfortable in close quarters with him... Contributing to the uneasy-nest and eerie type sensations of this situation... Also the fact it was scaring the daylights out of you affects your nerve endings to no end,
Your physical defense senses alerted by your fear was a combining factor that made this experience an unpleasant one, thank you for sharing.

Daz
Pendragon (6 stories) (296 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
It may not have been truly evil, moreso unhappy, and that's what you were picking up on. A normal, human spirit can be malicious and angry, just like a normal living human. It could have been a patient who had died to the hands of a nurse that used that room before you, or perhaps someone who died during the construction. I would go to your local library and read up on it.

Also, spirits are drawn to people who are sensative to them, like a moth to flame, a boat to a light house, or a kid to chocolate. We are inviting to them, and a source of warmth. They come to us (I say us, because I am highly sensative as well) for guidance, for help, or for company, regardless of how angry or sad they are. Being a sensative is one of the first "opening" steps into becoming/being a medium, but you have to push past it if you want to be one. Personally, I can't even set foot in a graveyard, and I'm not fully psychic! I don't think I'm ready for mediumship yet. 😆

Don't take it to heart when a spirit appears angry with you. Lay down the ground rules for your living space. Calmly, adn politely say, "If there is anyone besides me living here, please know that I will let you stay, but there will have to be some rules set down." After that's said, explain your rules to the spirit. For example: "The rules are simple - you must not be mean to me, nor people visiting me. You must not disrupt my work. You must not hurt anyone who comes here. You must not scare me or people that come to visit me. You must be nice." Etc, etc. Do not be bullied by a spirit - most of them will back down when you explain your house rules to them, as normal humans tend to do.

I'm very sorry that the spirit in your first room scared you, and I'm happy the one in your second room just likes to play with your shampoo!

Penny ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: