You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: She Answered The Phone

Real Ghost Stories

She Answered The Phone

 

This happened when my sister was admitted to the hospital and I was left alone at home.

It was my first time being alone for the night in the house. My parents have to accompany my sister in the hospital and they don't want me to go with them because I have exams the following day. My night in the house was okay except for the fact that I keep on worrying about my sister.

When you're alone in some place in the night, you cannot really help but think whether there are other "creatures" there. Before, when we still had our maid, she once told me that during the wee hours in the morning, when everybody is still sound asleep, someone would twist the knob of her room (which is now my room) as if trying to enter inside. Fortunately, she always keeps the door lock. She had also accounted of hearing things in the kitchen being moved whenever she's already in her room and is about to sleep. My uncle also who spent some time in our house saw people that are not meant to be there. As you can see, people who experience these paranormal things are those who only temporarily resided in our house.

I am a sleep-paralysis-prone person. There was one time that I have experienced it consecutively maybe because I was too stressed during the time. Usually, whenever this kind of paralysis occurs, I will be in a half-state asleep and half-state awake condition. I can see the things around me but I can't seem to move my body. There was one event though that bothered me most...

I was experiencing a sleep-paralysis when I heard someone in a girl's voice laughing and it seems that she's on the side of my bed. That scared the shiat out of me because it was the first time that something or someone was in my room when I was having a sleep-paralysis. When I researched further though about sleep paralysis, according to a certain article, people who experience it usually hallucinate about the presence of paranormal things while on that state.

The night went fine. Or so I thought.

The following day, while on the hospital visiting my sister, my father asked me whether our neighbor slept over in the house. Maybe he thought that I would have our neighbor accompany me during the night because it's my first time being left alone. When I told him that I managed to be home by myself, he became confused because he said that when he called this morning, I answered my phone however I wasn't answering him. He also added that someone just kept on laughing in the background. He assumed then that I accidentally pressed the answer button and that the one laughing in the background was our girl neighbor. I then checked my phone to see if he was just bluffing things to scare me out; however, there in my call register I really received a call from my dad just this morning and I'm sure that I was still asleep during the the time. I could not have accidentally answered it too because my phone is a meter away from my bed.

My dad, realizing that I was really alone, accompanied me home afterwards. I'm really sure that the two of us realized that "someone" answered the phone for me.

Do you think that the laughing girl from my sleep paralysis and the one who came afterwards was the same being?

Other hauntings by Mona_Lyza

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mona_Lyza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spikiwee69 (2 stories) (6 posts)
-1
6 years ago (2018-03-18)
Of all that i've read here this is the most creepy story i've read 🤔
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-28)
[at] Scotsguy

That is one scary story. Being just a child then, that must had been really terrifying. I don't know with ghosts but they say demons can control things.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2016-12-28)
[at] RedWolf

I am interested of trying that one. As of today, I still experience sleep paralysis and it usually occurs when I go to bed at 3 to 4 in the morning. Maybe the reason why I experience it is due to my body being too tired every time I go to sleep.

Fortunately, no laughing girl this time.
Scotsguy (5 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-10-16)
Found your account real interesting. I have had a few experiences in my life and one kind of similar to your own in a way. When I was a child I had a toy phone like a house phone (1980s style) which was just a toy made of plastic etc with no parts of a real phone being just a toy. One time I was playing with it and messing around with the receiver at my ear pretending I was having a conversation etc. I don't really care if folk believe this or not but 100 percent truth a voice spoke through the phone and it sounded really deep and evil. I dropped that phone and ran to my mother in the kitchen. She also recalls this clearly and said I was in a state of alarm and fear That phone got thrown in the bin as I didn't want to go near it again and wanted it out the house. Thought I would share this with you as I'm sure if it is possible to get communication through a toy fake phone I'm sure a proper phone would be much easier to be used/manipulated by a ghost or spirit.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-13)
Mona

I don't know if they have sleep centers in your country. But it would be enlightening to know what is going on with your brain waves on an E.E.G. During sleep paralysis. Maybe they could give you something that would stop or alleviate the sleep paralysis so you don't have to go through that. That goes for you too RandyM.

As for little miss laughing girl you should tell her that she belongs with her family and that it is YOUR room in YOUR house and she has to leave. If she doesn't then look up Rookdygin he has a cleansing/shielding method on his profile page that other members have used with a lot of success.

Regards
Red
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-11)
[at] shelbyloree

Probably, I don't really know. I don't think that it was me too. Maybe its just some spirit who loves to laugh. I really don't know, lol.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-05)
So more like a doppelgänger? Very weird. Well your dad was witness, he talked to 'them/you' on the phone. What a doppelgänger or a vardogr actually is, no idea though.

Have you seen the research they have done in quantum physics regarding the same object being in two different places at the same time? It's something like an overlap of demensions or whatever, no one can figure it out. I first saw it mentioned in a documentary-ish film called What the Bleep Do We Know, and again on a few things about time. Basically one thing is in two different places at the same time.

If you are seeing 'them' while you are in sleep paralysis this may be what is happening, or maybe you are watching yourself astral project. I don't know. It is all very mysterious!
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-05)
[at] shelbyloree

Possibly, however if it was really me, why would I laugh then? Another thing is that, in Vardoger, there will be witnesses of your presence in a certain area making them think that you were really there. In my case, I have witnessed it too (during a sleep paralysis) and I don't think it was me.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-04)
The Scandinavians have named this phenomenon, it is very common in Scandinavian countries. They call it a Vardogr, it's you, but it isn't.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-10-04)
[at] Tasfiah_Farah

I know right. I also couldn't imagine myself laughing while sleepwalking and answering phones if it was really me who answered the phone. It would be more sinister to think of it that way. Lol.
Tasfia_Farah (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-03)
Something like this happened to me a year ago. In the morning my friend had called me waking me up from sleep asking why I had called him up late at night. I had no idea what he was talking about. I said no I didn't and then went to check my call logs. The next thing I see really surprised me. I had called him around 12-1am in the morning. I was sure I didn't call him because I was sleeping back then. And my phone has a touch screen so calling him by mistake during sleeping movements of my hand was out of the question. I don't know if it was paranormal or not. But whatever it was, it was strange.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-30)
[at] themurph

Really? Can you enlighten me with that? I never thought of it as some Astral Projection. If it is, what should I do then?
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-30)
[at] AugustaM

You're right there. I also doubt that it was only a hallucination because of the similarity of the entities that was on my sleep paralysis and on that phone event.
themurph (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-09-27)
You were border line Astral projection. You can see things and more open.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-27)
Just because the body is prone to hallucinations during sleep paralysis does that mean that everything you see is necessarily an hallucination? And, if what is being seen truly is an hallucination - a dream - why couldn't a spirit's presence effect it in the same way they have been said to effect typical dream states? I don't think that everything you experience while in that state should necessarily be wholly discounted - it sounds to me like something was, in fact, getting through to you during the experience you described.
Mona_Lyza (3 stories) (17 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-27)
[at] Randy

Yeah I also tell myself as supported by a source that anything you see and hear while on a sleep paralysis isn't real. It's just that considering the similarities of the beings in that sleep paralysis and that phone event, it's hard to conclude that it was just pure coincidence.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-26)
Hello Mona and thank you for sharing.

Its hard to say about the girl.
Please understand I'm in no way saying she wasn't real during your
Episode of sleep paralysis but I'm going to say this.

I too am very sleep paralysis prone and my general rule of thumb
Is to "trust nothing" that I see or hear during such times.
In other words I just write everything off as hallucinations
(both visual and auditory) because I know the mind can be in such
A state that what seems real is just not dependable.

On a side note, Knowing what a PITA sleep paralysis is I'm soory
For you that you suffer from it also.

Regards
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: