You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: New Again

Real Ghost Stories

New Again

 

My Dad had been sick with a lung condition for 2 weeks before he passed. It was all so sad and unreal that he was gone. He died on the 17th June, 2011. After the funeral, his ashes were put in the ocean like he wished. He had been an avid sailor and loved the ocean. I tossed the heavy jug like clay container into the ocean about a week after his passing, and bid him well. It was still so difficult to believe that he was really not with us anymore.

Two months after he died he appeared to my mother, my mother told me that he was well dressed with a clean ironed linen chequered shirt, and pants. He was standing about 2 feet from her, and on his arrival started talking. She didn't understand what he was saying, but he repeated the same thing to her, and she still didn't understand what he said. She said it sounded foreign. She also said that he looked so healthy, clear skin and bright eyes and his hair was barely grey. A handsome man she said stood before her. As soon as he arrived, he left, leaving my mom with many questions about her visitation.

She said she saw a certain look of agitation in his eyes, almost like an impatience like he had to go somewhere, and that he stopped by to see her on his way, where ever he was going. She said he seemed so busy. My mom was so amazed where that linen shirt came from, she said she never seen it before, and she said she was wonding where it came from.

I was wondering if there is anyone who could give me a small explanation of the experience that happened and if this is for real. And why he was so agitated?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Johnboy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
My condolences for your loss.

Such things have been mentioned before, a loved one saying goodbye, on their way someplace else. Considering that your mother wasn't able to understand him, I think I'd be a bit agitated too.

Can your mother remember the words spoken? Have try to write them down, a few times. It could be a puzzle.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-29)
I am sorry to hear of your father's passing... That must have been extremely difficult on you and your family. I do think that he is in peace now, and perhaps that was what his sense of urgency was all about. He was ready to pass on, and he wanted to say goodbye to your mother. I think the reason that your mother could not understand him is that spirits have a difficult time communicating with us as it is, so perhaps he was unable to articulate his message the way he wanted to and she mistook his agitation for business when it may have been frustration at his inability to convey the message.

I wish all the best to you and yours.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-08-28)
Johnboy,
I honestly have not heard of this before, the speaking in a different language I mean. Had your father perhaps been born somewhere else and mover there as a child?
I do know that many times a spirit will return for a visit looking much younger and healthier than when we last saw them. Myself? I'm looking forward to that little perk.
I will return if I find out anything else.

Jav 😕
TerriLewis123 (1 stories) (93 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-08-27)
Really neat story; some things seem so magical. Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: