You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Sounds During Solar Eclipse

Real Ghost Stories

Sounds During Solar Eclipse

 

I am unsure if this ties into anything from my last bit I posted. But it's currently 3:13 as I write this, and it's during the Solar Eclipse, and I'm hearing stuff. Way more than usual in the house, and it's not even coming from in the house. I keep hearing knocking on my doors, and no one is here. Just random knocking on my doors. I was outside earlier and I could hear whistling while I was out gathering firewood from one of the trees that came down during the last snow storm we had so that it could dry out after being stacked up. I dropped that and left it there and came back inside because our property is PRIVATE PROPERTY. We have a literal wall built around our property line in the woods and no one really walks out back there besides us.

So, whistling while I was in the woods gathering up wood from one of the recently felled trees, and now I got knocking on my doors that will not stop. I'm more annoyed than scared. It's literally daytime, eclipse or not, I don't like this. Granted, this isn't the first time I've heard whistling from the woods while I've been in there but usually it sounds really far away so I shrug it off and finish what I'm doing before leaving. This time it sounded real close, like maybe within 20 feet kind of close.

And before anyone makes a comment, I live like 3 HOURS away from the Appalachian trail, it's not a "flesh pedestrian" or at least I seriously HOPE it's not. Currently 3:24pm as I'm writing this bit, so I think I'll skip going outside to watch the eclipse and just... Pull up a live feed offline and avoid opening the doors for whatever is knocking on them.

Other hauntings by StarBird

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maine

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, StarBird, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-15)
Does it sound like a person whistling? Or more like a train whistle? I ask because the Cherokee say that the "Hairy Man" - their term for Bigfoot, periodically makes a sound like a train whistle.
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-13)
Hi StarBird

You know the sounds and sights around you best, when you rule out the reasonable and logical then it's safe to say that what you experienced was supernatural, also I think it's a good idea to ignore the whistling sounds, should you hear it again in the future.
StarBird (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-13)
RCRuskin, nothing else weird happened after it seemed to calm down about an hour after the eclipse ended and stuff was back to normal so at least there was that.

Valkricry, Rajine, Linjahaha, it wasn't a bird, or a chipmunk. I'm familiar with the birds around the area here and it didn't sound like a bird, it sounded more like if a literal person was whistling to get your attention? The property is private property so no one else should be on it. We have little monitors that alert us if someone walks past them, and there's only two ways in and out of our wooded area. The entrance near the back of the property in the woods and the trail I came down on. I could see both from where I was at the time and I saw no one around me.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (131 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-04-10)
Hi, Starbird: The whistling MIGHT be a bird, or even an animal. I know for a fact that chipmunks make a whistling sound to alert to danger, or to call to their young. However, the perpetual knocking has me perplexed. Hopefully nothing more than that comes of it. Good luck!

All the
Best! 🤔 😊
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-04-09)
I've experienced the knocking on the doors a couple of times, and my stupid self opened it both times only to see nobody/nothing at all, this happened over a decade ago so thankfully I'm still fine and nothing bad has come of those incidents, I know it can be unnerving.

How best can you describe the whistling sounds you hear? Would you say that it belongs to a person or animal, the history of your house and general area might hopefully give you some insight. But like the other commenter's the whistling could be a bird.
valkricry (49 stories) (3271 posts) mod
 
3 weeks ago (2024-04-09)
Starbird, I wonder if the whistling you heard may have been a bird? I looked online, and it said that Maine has a number of birds that sound like a human whistling.
Even so, that doesn't explain the knocking.
Is the knocking on the screen door or on the door itself?
You might consider getting a house blessing done, in accordance of whatever faith you follow. Side note, even if you aren't a member of their church, most will still do this, and there usually isn't any charge for it.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (818 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-04-09)
I should have skipped going outside to watch the eclipse myself. I live near the southeastern edge of totality in upstate New York. 100% overcast but I did catch a glimpse through a brief break in the clouds 15 seconds before totality.

But to the point of your experience, I read from many sources that animals would behave weirdly during totality. So how did things go for you during and after the eclipse? Did anything else weird happen?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: