You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Little Guardian In North Carolina

Real Ghost Stories

Little Guardian In North Carolina

 

I have always been sensitive to the supernatural. I started paying attention to it after my favorite great grandmother passed away. My senses became more aware. Throughout my childhood I seemed to have spirits following me and attempting to get my attention. Whether it was doors slamming in the middle of the night, heavy footsteps up stairs or my roommate's dog jumping off the bed and barking at literally nothing.

I became more in tune when I moved to North Carolina from the Upper Michigan. I had moved into a mobile home with my husband at the time in Fort Bragg, NC. I immediately felt as if someone was watching me all the time. The faucets would turn on and off by themselves as well as the lights. Between 3 and 4 am nightly the radio would turn on full blast. Even after unplugging it, it would still come on. My tv would flip channels constantly and always ending up on the cartoon channels. I had a habit of taking off my jewelry at the end of the night and setting it in a candle holder in the living room. I would wake up to find the jewelry separated in to separate small piles lined up. My air conditioner and heat would have a mind of it's own.

This spirit only grew more and more alive. My keys would end up missing at times when I had to leave, only to resurface within either minutes or hours. One of these times I was 7 months pregnant. I was searching everywhere for the keys, and approximately 20 minutes later I found them where I had left them to begin with. As I was driving to the doctors I was detoured. There was a head on collision that had I had my keys and left when I wanted to I would've been dead. Another occasion I was protected. Christmas time is a large theft time. I had two males come to my home to "scope" the place out, they stated they were going to offer to clean carpets in the home at midnight. Before they knocked on the door I had two pictures on my walls fall down and break on their own, the tv started to flip channels crazily and my landlord called to tell me he was on his way over to check on me, knowing I was home alone. Coincidence?

I was never scared, always curious. I finally heard this spirit (s). I was sleeping at one end of the home and I was woke up by children giggling. I found it odd that there were kids playing outside at 2 a.m. I went to look and there was no one in sight. The following week I heard what sounded like running down my hallway to my room and stopped instantly at my door. Every week this would get more intense. I then had something tugging on my hair as I was sleeping and grab my ankle. The strangest was the whispering which sounded like a small child saying "Mommy".

My daughter was born and would be woken in the middle of the night screaming and had a locked stare over my shoulder at something. Her rocking chair would rock by itself as would the music box play. I had met a friend of a friend. Her first words after shaking my hand were "it's a little girl that is following you, she died tragically and cannot find her mother." She also informed me to never find out how or ask how she passed for she would not leave this limbo. I had chills.

This "little girl" followed me on many moves. Michigan was the last place I had seen or heard her. My daughter was sound asleep in the living room with me however my friend and I would hear a child crying in the middle of the night, giggling and playing with the toys, and running across the floors. It has been 8 years now since then. I have since picked up signs immediately of something being around me in different places. Ironically the home I am renting now is on an old Air force base. I didn't sense anything at first however now the water is turning on and off on it's own again as well as the lights.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ajnpw213312, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ajnpw213312 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-05)
[at] Carl, I did leave toys in the room she was occupying however like a child she played with everything else too. However it got better after toys were put in the room and I made it clear that she could stay but it was my house and she needed to stop messing with things.

We were also stationed there and many base houses were haunted including medical buildings etc.

All of the experiences I have had were never scary, some other places I have been I know when it's not a good thing just by the way I immediately feel. That world intrigues me versus scaring me. 😊 There were a few other visitors I had in the past which maybe I will add as well.
moravian (1 stories) (171 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
I lived at fort Bragg... That post has a great deal of human history - much tragic and quite a bit violent. This is sad.
taz890 (12 stories) (1380 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-28)
what a sweet yet sad story thanks for sharing.
Reading your story I did think it would turn out to be a child, even before you mentioned being told about the little girl
Playing with the jewlery, hiding keys just before going out and the cartoon channel~ all things a child would do.
My friends daughter would do the same thing with keys when she knew her mum was getting ready for work had to watch her like a hawk to make sure my friend was not late leaving.
If you think she could be back I would say leave toys out for her to play with let her know they are for her and she might leave your things alone.
Made me smile when she warned you about the two men hanging around, great guard to have about😊
Hope to hear more soon
Carl
ngute80 (220 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Like I told another person ok here, I think the whole Ft. Bragg area has a lot of activity. We were stationed there for 9 years and experienced many things. I also think your friend was right. I hope that little girl moves on and finds peace. Thank you for sharing.
_-Amer-_ (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
I think that this is scary plus I wonder how you handled all of this 😲 Take care of your self and I think your friend's friend is right 😕 😕
bigsasquatch (1 stories) (29 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-10-27)
Best way to think about this, I believe is, not all guardian angels have to be angels. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: