You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Robin

Real Ghost Stories

The Robin

 

When my Granddad died I was only 6 weeks old. I only met him a few times. Ever since he died there has always been a robin in our garden. It is very friendly. I see it nearly every day.

He loved nature and his favorite bird was the robin. It is strange. I feel happy that its there because I think it is my Granddad. Maybe it is not but still, it's weird. My parents told me and I see it a lot.

The robin flies close to me every time I'm out in the garden. One day last Summer I was lying on a bench reading a book and I had my feet up on the bench. The robin flew and landed in front of my feet and flew away a few seconds later.

My dog nearly caught it a couple of times. I heard before that people who have died can come back to life as animals. I don't know if it's true but who knows. It would explain the robin in my garden. Even when my family is out in the garden the robin lands near them, my sister was out there one day the robin landed right beside her. I don't know if robins do that but this robin does.

I wonder if I am the only one who this has happened to or has it happened to other people. I believe in the paranormal and I have a very open mind when it comes to the supernatural. Also, a few months after he died, my parents were talking about my Granddad in the kitchen and the light over the oven switched on by itself.

I don't think my Granddad wants to harm me but watch over me and keep me safe from harm. I'll feel happy if it is true but I might never know.

This is my first story. Not a lot of paranormal experiences have happened to me but a lot to my family. I hope this is the first of many stories.

Other hauntings by c-man

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ireland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, c-man, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-18)
Pay attention to animals. The spirits do use them. Lizards, butterflies, even stinging pests can help guide you; if you pay attention. Most people don't realise this and flounder around lost, all in a severely self-centered hurry to go nowhere, existing in a perpetual state of fear, worry, and consumption.
Be kind to the animals. Let the moth out.
Who knows, maybe mercy and love will be shown to you someday, when you need it the most.
c-man (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
avikhaunted,I would rather if he is resting in peace but it would be nice to know he is near me every day thanks for your comment 😊 😊 😊
c-man (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Moongrim,my Grandad never lived with me or close by... But thanks for your comment 😊
c-man (2 stories) (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Jitow,it has been there almost 13 years thank you all for your comments. I think maybe my Grandad is in heaven and possibly it is a message... Again thank you all so much I also agree with devious angel geetha 50 it could be that... I don't know thanks again 😊 😊
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
I agree with Moongrim and DeviousAngel on this one.

As Moongrim said birds can be trained to follow the same routine and your grandfather might have been feeding it for awhile and that's why it keeps coming back.

But like DeviousAngel, besides what we experience on this earthly plain, we still don't know what is going on in other plains and the universe for that matter. Just take solace in the bird reminding you of your grandfather. If you believe that it's your grandfather coming to protect you and your family, then believe that.
chingvang559 (42 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Yes some cultures do believe that loved ones can come back to visit in the form of animals, insects. Which is my culture... There are many stories and accounts of people coming back to linger around or doves that never fly away when they are released at the burial
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2011-11-22)
Look at you Jitow, raining on parades as per usual. I do not see anything spiritually and intellectually devolved about a bird. Actually birds are quite intelligent creatures. Just because you do not understand their form of communication does not mean that they are dumber than you. At least they do not proselytize on websites out of boredom. 😉

ANYWAY, whether or not people believe in an afterlife is irrelevant. What is relevant is what you believe. No one knows for absolute certainty what the afterlife holds except for those who are already there, so you are correct in that you may never know for fact. If I were you I would just take solace in the fact that seeing the bird reminds you of someone you love. Whether it really is his soul or not, it is a special creature. Its very presence and existence reminds you of someone you cherish, and so it helps keep his memory alive.
avikhaunted (1 stories) (16 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
C-man

Your story was indeed touching...

My granddad keeps visiting me in my dreams... Its not a mere vision... We chat about many things and so I believe in afterlife...

No people after death do not come back as animals... So I do not connect with the robin... But the whatever turning on by itself makes a point...

And a last question... Would you like your granddad's soul wandering about as animals or would you like him to rest in peace?

This comment from Jitow is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

Naru_117 (19 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
In this case I would have to agree with Moongrim I have seen it often... I even had squirrels that did that.
Moongrim (2 stories) (871 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-11-21)
Or perhaps the robin in question got used to being fed by your grandfather and keeps coming back for more goodies to nab.

Locally, I've got a pair of Stellar Jays (aka Camp Robbers) who wait for me to leave the cat food on the front porch for the stray cat, unattended.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: