You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Black

Real Ghost Stories

Black

 

My partner and I moved into an old army barracks that was over 150 years old, which over time was turned into 4 conjoining homes. A lot of deaths had occurred there. And the only reason that the house came up for rent was because the girl who lived there before us overdosed and died... in our bedroom. My partner worked shift work 5-6 nights a week between the hours of 9pm and could work up until 6am the next morning.

When my partner would get home from work, I would always hear him coming in the door, and then he would come into the bedroom and kiss me, and some nights I had woken up to him just sitting on the side of the bed looking at me. One night, I had the feeling that someone was in the room, and I just assumed that it was Corey coming home from work, so I opened my eyes a bit, and there was this black 'thing' right in my face. I screamed and just as a reaction, I swung my arm in its direction and during this time I had squeezed my eyes shut, but it was only for a second.

When I opened my eyes again, the black 'thing' was gone, but I had woken up Corey who I then remembered had not worked that night. He then said that something had suddenly woken him up only 10 minutes earlier. I would always leave the light on in the lounge room because I didn't want to be in that house in the dark, (the light from the lounge room would light up our bedroom), I knew that it wasn't just a shadow.

Also, due to Corey working night shift, I was often in bed alone, and I frequently got the feeling that I was not the only one in the room. If I ever had the feeling that I was not alone, then I would feel that they were standing beside the bed looking at me, so I would always turn around and face the wall and get to sleep that way. I just used to put it down to that they were watching over me while Corey was at work, but it still scared me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Babydoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-07)
It wouldn't surprise me if you found out who it was and it was a soldier, I mean that what they do isn't it, protect you, and if it was a barracks that long ago and has obviously been out of service for many years men from that era, especially military men, protection no matter what.

I found it hard to describe what I think in this case I hope it makes sense.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Dear Babydoll,

Wow, that is one active place for ghosts and ghouls. An army barracks then a location for a suicide is not the best piece of real estate someone would like to live in. You are pretty brave for not easily getting scared by the entities that surround the area.

I advise you pray for the spirits in the area for I believe they are bound to earth due to unfinished business and because of a horrible ending. Your story is very interesting; please keep us posted on any more experiences.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
fizzylizzie (2 stories) (67 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-27)
wow, that would be quite startling huh?

but maybe your right and they are looking over you 😁
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
Dear Babydoll,

Some of the people who lived and died there in the past may be ghosts (earthbound dead humans or humans who have died and are trapped in between like a limbo level or realm) now haunting the old Army barracks after their death. The place has a dark, depressing flavor, and the imprint has stayed with the building, and has an affect on those like yourself who are sensitive to such visits by uninvited, ghostie guests.

People find out real quick if they are sensitive when they encounter their first feeling, sighting, smell, noise, touch or even taste. That is what you experienced, the ghosts, as well as barrack Army life leftover as an energy imprint. The ghost of the young girl who took her life is also trapped there.

Next time, and this is for you and others who read my comment, please reconsider renting, buying or moving into any place that has had a previous or past negative history you have been told about or know about it. This will save a lot of hardship, frayed nerves and heartache in the long run. Better to be safe than sorry, I always say. If you don't know the history, ask around and you most likely will find neighbors or those who are more than willing to tell stories about the place you are considering.

Get your house blessed before you move in and clear out as much physical, emotional and spiritual baggage in a place, building or house that you can do or with help from someone who knows how. This way you will start out with a clear energy field in your home. Even people who fight a lot can leave that imprint, so a house blessing done by yourself if you know how or those you trust and who are experienced can help immensely. What can a house blessing and house warming hurt, it only can bring in more love, and we all can use more love any old time! I appreciate your story.--Abby
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-26)
What a wounderful story! Yes they might be doing that. When you feel them, ask them why they are watching you. Maybe it's a relative who says they love you and they care for you. I hope that's it.
Blessings to everyone,
Mikomi

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: