You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Mystery Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Mystery Girl

 

I am not sure if this story classifies as paranormal but still would like to mention it. I was 10 years old at that time. My mom's eldest sister was married to a village guy in another state. They lived in an ancestral home with a huge land surrounding the house. They had about 100 coconut trees, 3 jack fruit trees, about 20 mango trees and some areca nut trees. They used to sell the produce from these trees to supplement their livelihood. The house was more than 50 years old.

We used to visit them once in a year in May (summer vacation in India). My aunt's family consisted of herself, husband, mother-in-law, an elder daughter (18 years old) and younger son (16 years old). We needed 20 hours travel by bus (in 1990's India) to get to her home and used to reach in early morning. On one such trip our bus got delayed and we reached her home at noon. There is a long narrow sandy road that passes in front of her house. There are many houses on either side of the road. The entrance to her home has a narrow stone gate through which only humans can pass (probably made to keep strays animals out). This stone gated entrance has a small seating area with a coconut tree on one side.

As we were nearing her home, we saw a young girl about 10-12 years old combing her hair seated on the area near the entrance. She was wearing a blouse-skirt and had waist length hair. As soon as we came close to the entrance, the girl vanished. My aunt (mom's second elder sister) commented that probably my first aunt must be having other guests. After we were welcomed into their home, my aunt asked about the young girl. Everyone remained silent and then my aunt changed the topic.

The holidays were going great. One noon while playing me and my cousins wandered into their farm. On reaching a certain location not far from the house, we saw some sort of shrine built around a particular tree and it had some food offering near it. We assumed it to be some sort of worship place and continued on. (In rural India, nature is worshiped in many forms just like the Aboriginals or the native Indians.)

Later that night we heard a man screaming loudly. The screams were coming from the direction of coconut trees. My uncle rushed out with a torch light. My uncle caught him and brought him to the lighted space in front-yard. The man still shaken with fear was screaming to let go. My uncle let him go. After coming into the house, my father asked about the incident. After a long silence my aunt explained that probably the man was poor and was trying to steal the coconut tree branches to thatch the roof of his hut before monsoons. The worship place that we had stumbled on earlier was a site for worship of a female form of power that guarded their territory from thieves.

Similar stealing incidents had occurred before. Most of the thieves and poor people in the surrounding areas knew about it and never came back to steal. She said that the female form could be seen sometimes as a young girl sitting near the tree at noon time. She said that they didn't tell anyone (esp city dwellers like us) because we would never believe them and make jokes about it.

Do you think that such positive powers can exist that help you guard your stuff if you believe in them and offer them things in return?...It's very much possible that most of you will dismiss this as a stupid impossible thing or could even make jokes about keeping such powers to safeguard our homes and do away with security cameras, but I (and 6 other family members) have clearly seen this girl sitting near the tree.

Other hauntings by senoritaace

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, senoritaace, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anupriyag (5 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-10-18)
Hi,

I completely believe your experience. As I have heard so many incidents and experiences of many people in my mother's native village in UP. I will share some of them with you guys very soon.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-10)
preferable matter... Forces of nature still eludes mankind in the terms of explanations about it. Seems like this fact is from kerala.
ram (25 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-10-22)
senoritacee
I wonder why shouldn't you?
If you think your family members are worshipping the nature
Nature itself should have taken the form of girl!
I thoroughly believe in your story
Keep posting if you have any more.
Do your aunt belong to kerala?
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-24)
Senoritaace:Totally believe you.

Sceptic-Ari: Well! You got 'many' explanations about the story?...Really? Please be open about them. I am sure like me, the author would also like to know the 'basis' of the 'many' explanative thoughts that you have regarding this story. Please do. We are eagerly waiting to hear from you (with your 'many' explanations)!

😊
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-09-19)
Hi,
I for one do not believe in these house deities who only protect in lieu of material offerings.
What you saw might have many explanations.
But that's just my opinion because you asked... No offence intended.

Thanks
Regards
Cafelelion (12 stories) (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-29)
Hi mystery girl,

I'm from Mauritius where the major community is Indian. There is a similar entity that local Indian people "feed" and which is called in the local language a "minis prince". It has the similar "function" than the one you talk about in your story. It is fed regularly with 3 compulsory items: sardines, rhum and a cigaret. Its business is to protect yards, orchards, gardens, crops, etc... And if someone looks at its face and eyes, he is slapped and dies a few days after. Indian people always recommend not to be under a tree at noon, 6pm, midnight and 6 am. The only difference being in it's appearance. It shows itself as a very tall and very thin white entity.
Ellaenchanted (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-28)
Wow...I believe you too, my great uncle had a shop from which jinns used to actually BUY things (at night) .
scoodrago (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
I also live in India, New Delhi. I believe you, I have a friend which told me about a similar kind of experience somewhere near Kullu Manali or Rhotank.
Night_Vampire (19 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
Yeah its possible I had a friend who owns a sweet shop in india uttar pradesh and he used to offer sweets to two "Jins" there in his shop and I think the jin protect his shop From any type of harm...

Night_vampire
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-26)
I actually believe this to be true!

Their is some people that believe in fairies, so they leave food, precious stones, fabric and jewlery as a gift to the fairies, in exchange the fairies offer protection to your yard, garden (flowers,crops and trees), children and pets. And aparently, when you leave your offering and come back after a while, your offering won't be there anymore!

I certainly think its possible 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: