You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Spiritually Gifted?

Real Ghost Stories

Spiritually Gifted?

 

I want to start off by saying I do not believe in "ghosts", the correct term is spirits/demons. I've grown up in a Christian environment. Always went to church, praise God the whole 9-yards. Growing up as a little girl, my mother was into the heavy drugs up until I was 11-12. She turned her life around and gave her life to God! She's now 10+ years clean and still praising the Lord! It was a rough childhood but me and my 2 brothers (I'm the middle child) pulled together to get through it!

During the time I was growing up, I experienced what people call sleep paralysis. I didn't know at the time that's exactly what it was. I just thought I would play too hard as a young kid and had the best sleep I've ever had.

Fastforwarding to 4 days before my 16th birthday. (My mom was engaged to a very Christian man and had recently broken up for reasons I'm not going to say). I again experienced sleep paralysis for the first time in a few years but this time I woke up, pinned down to my bed. I couldn't talk, move or hardly breath! All I could think of was, "Please God! Please help me!" It was about 2 minutes until I started feeling something wrap around my neck feeling like I was being choked. A few more minutes passed and all of a sudden I could breath and slightly move again but I was still pinned into my bed. I felt my thighs with my hands and I could tell I was literally caved into my mattress. I had passed out from being so scared!

I finally woke up and it was just a few minutes after all of that had happened, I was starting to switch my position to go back to sleep, hoping and praying it was just a dream. When I finally got comfortable enough to go back to sleep, I heard what sounded like a very faint but loud (if that makes since) man's voice saying, "He's mine!" I shot up from my bed and sprinted into my mom's room crying hysterically and trying to explain what happened. She brushed me off telling me it was just a nightmare.

The following morning I was getting up for school went to the bathroom and took a quick shower. When I got out I looked into the mirror and saw a rope burn on my neck. I screamed as loud as I could, scared out of my mind. My mom came in the bathroom and freaked out at what she saw. I didn't go to school that day and my mom called into work 'sick'. She sat me down and had me explain everything that happened last night, so I did. She started to cry.

We prayed and prayed and prayed some more. The day after is when everything that happened that night made more sense. My mom had gotten a call from her ex-fiancé's mom. He had hung himself and died in a hotel room the exact same time I experienced all that I did. I wasn't told until I woke up. When I heard the devastating news, I immediately called her a liar. Long story short we sat down talked about it and sure enough it was reality! The day after my 16 birthday was his funeral. I had stayed home for the whole week because the mark on my neck wasn't going away and from the shock of what happened to him.

I'm now 18 going on 19 in 2 and a half months. It still haunts me to this day. Here recently I've been seeing this demon face when the sleep paralysis kicks in. I've seen this face 4 times since all this went down. He tried entering my body several times but by the grace of God didn't manage to do what he planned. I pray every night after all of this and even feel this demon come around and I demand him to leave, that he is not allowed here and if he doesn't leave I'll eventually throw Scriptures in his face until I feel him not there anymore.

I now know I'm gifted with discerning of spirits. It scares me to the point to were I'm no longer sleeping without a nightlight or without my Bible next to me! I put up several crosses in my room and throughout my house and a Bible in every room! This thing tries to come near me and he gets slapped in the face with the Word of God every time.

If anybody has any other experiences, please feel free to comment. I just want to know I'm not the only one who is going through this!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aaliyahs_mommy72, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-12)
You're definitely not alone in this. I have had similar experiences. No visible marks but it's left me scared for life. I still sleep with my lights on, the more light the safer I feel. I started sleeping with my lights on after some pretty bad experiences when I was 7. I lived in a haunted house for 33 years and I've experienced what you have and much more. Feel free to mail me on angel710 at gmail dot com. I will tell you of my experiences.
aaliyahs_mommy72 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-08)
twelveam- the sleep paralysis start around the time I was 5. And comes and goes a few months from the last time it happens. No specific time or about dates. I started to see the face almost exactly one year after the ex took his life and seen it a few times as well but mostly this past year (2013). It's comes and goes as well no specific date or time. Also just that one rope burn is the only physical attack I've had praise God!

Ghostfacep- I'm truly terrified of the thought I may not ever wake up but I pray everynight if I leave my body God takes me home automatically along with this thing to leave me and my family alone.

Spiritwaiting- thank you I'm very proud of her and how far she has come!
And thank y'all for all the advice! It helps 1000% more then not know anything at all!
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
aaliyahs mommy72, I wanted to get back to you again to give you the right name of the member that has the house cleansing method that is great by the way, and is very effective. His name is "ROOKDYGIN", good luck!
twelveam (74 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-04)
aaliyahs mommy72, one thing that strikes me as a real possibility, is that from the time you heard the voice saying "HE'S MINE!" it sounds like between the rope burn incident at about 16 until you saw the demon face recently (3 years) there was a few times in between that you also saw the face, is this correct? I am also wondering if you have consistently had the sleep paralysis in the past 3 years as well? I would also like to know at what age the paralysis started for you? The "HE'S MINE!" sounds to me like you were hearing the demon (the same one that was probably manipulating your moms ex-fiance into taking his life) exclaiming to you what he was doing to the ex at that moment. It almost sounds like possibly your spirit astral projects into other realms while you are sleeping, making you vulnerable to dangerous things. Can you tell me if you have had any OTHER experiences while you were sleeping that affected you physically as well? At any rate, I would ALSO suggest you cleanse your home (if you are still living in the same place) but most importantly, I would get a priest or holy person to bless YOU as well! You might even want to have that holy person bless and cleanse the house as well as you, I would think this calls for a representative of God to perform this! If it were me in addition (and first on the list) I would contact a psychic/medium to try to get involved so you get a better picture of what you're dealing with, because this sounds quite serious and nothing to push aside until it is addressed. Lastly, there is a house cleansing that is available in detail on this website from a person known as "rook" and if you can't find him, his comments and a description of the house cleansing is in the responses to several of the stories submitted here, so it shouldn't be too hard to find. Thanks for writing in, and PLEASE keep us informed of your progress with this and the outcome. GOD BLESS! 😐 😁 😊
ghostfacep (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
Yes, i've had the same phenomenon happen to me, always unexpected and very angering to me. A couple of times I believed I would never re-awake afterward and some often seemed to last for so long. It was crazy! I will be totally honest when I say, I really hate when this happens. But, for some reason (hidden) to me. I believe it is all part of a growth system or awakening of sorts. 😁
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-02)
aaliyahs_mommy72, Congratulations to your mother for being sober 10 + years. Thats a huge deal, and I know you must be proud. And a big ups to you and your siblings for being so strong throughout. I am also a strong believer in God, and its great you are a believer as well.

With what you may be going through, it could very well be a malevolent spirit trying to break through your belief system. Sleep paralyses experiences can be terrifying, and yours is just that.
I would suggest you get a personal cleansing and home cleansing, and blessing. Just to show this evil thing, its not welcome nor needed.

Stay safe, Spiritwaiting

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: