You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Someone In The House

Real Ghost Stories

Someone In The House

 

One summer day in 1989, my best friend and I decided to spend the night in my grandpa's house that was located fifty yards from my house. I asked my parents and they told me they would think about it.

So the whole day my best friend and I, along with my younger brother and older cousin, stayed in the house, hung out, being silly and listening to music which we had to run an extension cord because there was no power to the house. Well, I was sitting on the sofa chatting with my friend when she excuses herself to go to the restroom. Not but two seconds later she is running out the house screaming, "Someone's in the house"! Without skipping a beat we all ran out after her.

Once outside we asked her exactly what she saw and she explained to us that she saw a small hand reaching out into the middle of the bedroom off to the right of the bathroom. That creeped us all out so as we are standing in front of the house door still wide open we are trying to see something, anything that can explain what it could have been but there was nothing there. So we walked around to the side door to get a better look and noticed that the bathroom door was closed and the LIGHT WAS ON! Now remember there is no power to the house. That scared us enough to get my dad, so he went in and found nothing but told us that is was best to stay out of the house for now.

Throughout the day we stayed in the front yard of that house and played kickball. Well the ball ended up in the neighbors' yard so my brother went to get it. When he was walking back he looked at the house and yelled at me that someone was looking at him from the bathroom window. Well I didn't believe him because he liked to pick on me as younger siblings do. So I walked over to him and looked for myself and sure enough I saw someone staring at me from the bathroom window and I can see every detail of her face.

As we ran home screaming, we tried to explain what we just saw. I told them she had short cropped black hair and was real pale with dark eyes. Once I said, that my mom and dad looked at each other and proceeded to get a photo album of our family. He showed me a picture of my grandma, his mother, who died before I was born. He asked, "Was this who you saw?" I said, "Yes, that IS who I saw." Then they proceeded to tell me that in the olden days they held funerals in the person's home, and that her funeral, along with my 10 month old brother's funeral, was held in that house. And there are rumors there where more than those two funerals in that home.

Since then the house has been torn down, but I never went in that house even before it was demolished.

Other hauntings by LouisianaBelle

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LouisianaBelle, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

LouisianaBelle (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-22)
Yes it's was an experience I'll never forget. Thanks to all for taking the time to read and comment. ❤
LouisianaBelle (5 stories) (16 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-04-08)
The House was built in 1935 by my grandparents and remained in the family. Several funerals were held in the home over several years before they started having services in funeral homes. Plus recently I was told we had Native American burial grounds near by. In addition we have found gold coins buried in our yard.
eternal_flame (22 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-12)
WOW, this experience surely gave me the willies. Talk about creepy.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
good story... Its amazing that these visions never appear, when for example paranormal investigators call out for them... All they get is flickering lights on a devise...:-/
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
Louisianabelle, It could be the spirits had yet to move on. Habe you researched that address and figured anything significant about it? Could it have been an old mortuary or funeral home? Or was it used just as a home? I would have wanted to. Check it out if I saw something staring at me!
greeneyeswolf1972 (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
LouisianaBelle,I am from Louisiana too and That a interest story you told and I would had being curious who it was but I would be scare too like your friend ran. Exspeical that the lights that being on which it's not working was on that your dad saw it. If you want to chat let me know.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-10)
nice story... Its a very scary 😨 I think the ghost didn't free from earth so they was showing you presence.
Heather16 (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
Sounds like the ghost could be haunting your or your family sounds like that to me! <3 xX
savsavvy1023 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-09)
I would be very interested in knowing the history of the house. Just to debunk some of the rumors

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: