You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Token of Approval

Real Ghost Stories

A Token of Approval

 

Nine days ago, on the 19th of september, I experienced something really strange! I live since four months with my fiance and his parents in their house in Liverpool, England. On the mentioned wednesday the 19th, I was on my own at home. My fiance and his family went out on a ride on their motorcycles and I decided to stay in.

After a hard day in work, I was looking forward to some peace and quiet including a good night reading. But before all that, it was time for a nice hot bath. I only wanted to relax and forget about my busy day. So I lit up some candles and made myself comfortable in the bath. At about 9 pm, after a good 15 minutes in the bath, I felt a chill even though the water was still hot and every window in the house was closed. And as soon as I stepped out the bath, wondering why this sudden breeze came upon me from nowhere all of my five candles went out in an instance for no reason.

I wrapped a towel around myself and made my way to my fiance's and my room, turning every light on, on my way. As I closed the door I gave a sigh relieve as I felt I was back in my safe place. I decided to discard my book and hit the hay, I turned out the light and got into bed. I knew my fiance and his parents won't be back before 11 pm and I had another busy day ahead of me.

As I lay there, drifting away, I suddenly feel how something or someone sits on the side of the bed and felt a hand resting on my left hand. I expected to discover my fiance next to me as I opened my eyes, but I saw nothing at all. After falling back asleep I got woken up before midnight, this time by my fiance!

He was asking me why the picture of his grandmother was lying on his side of the bed. I didn't know how it got there, it hung on the wall like always when I went to sleep. I need to explain that his grandmother died 4 years ago. And the next morning I heard of my fiance that she passed away in her sleep four years ago in our bedroom which used to be her's.

My fiance and me see it now as her approval from beyond the grave to our engagement five months ago. I wish I would have met her!

What do you think about this occurrence?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, swiss-scouser, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-07)
Thanks, swiss-scouser! What a lovely story. I, too, think it was your fiancee's Grandmother who paid you a visit. It is a nice thing that she gave her blessing to you, especially since she didn't ever meet you. That makes it even more special, I think. I bet you're happy to have had the experience, I would be! Thanks for sharing your story with us. -Ohiowatha, sure people take baths with candles! Romantic if you have a love to share with you, relaxing on your own after a hectic day! Give it a try! 😊
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-05)
Great story. Seems veritable. Do people really take baths with candles?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
I agree, his Grandmother wished to grant her blessing and this is the way she had to do it. Perhaps she did it this way when you were alone in the house to make it more personal and make sure you knew that it was coming from her to you and not through someone else. What a blessing to have that strong of support!

God Bless!
Abby (710 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-04)
Dear swiss-scouser,

Our loved ones, like his grandmother are always sending messages and signs/symbols to our 3D physical world. I think you surmised this to the best of your ability and her message "was definitely received", lucky you on all counts.--Abby
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-10-03)
I think that you are correct in your assumption that it was his grandmother giving you her approval. Family bonds are strong ones that often transends even death. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: