You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Grandmama Is With Me

Real Ghost Stories

My Grandmama Is With Me

 

This story happened when I was 12, so almost 5 years ago (I'm almost 17). My grandmama, as I had been told because I never got to meet her she died in 1950 something, was a strict church woman she didn't tolerate stupid things happening in church. Now to my story.

One day me and my friend had stayed in the kitchen part of the church so our church mama could go back out to the sanctuary. We were goofing off and doing nothing we were supposed to do, and all of the sudden I heard my name clear as day "Brittany Louise Curry!" I turned, expecting to see my mama but I saw nothing. My friend, let's call her "J", said "I heard that too. I didn't want to tell you." I instantly got chills. I said, trying to act cool, "Maybe that was Mama Dozier. I never heard that voice before."

After church had ended, my friend and sat down to eat and I noticed movement behind my friend. We were at the table, my church mama was beside me. I looked behind her and I saw my grandmama. She had a long white dress and she appeared to be frowning at me. She mouthed, "You know better." I turned back around and my church mama said, "Baby, why you look like you seen a ghost?" I couldn't tell her, I was too scared.

That night, as I took my hair out of my ponytail, I noticed movement. I put my brush down and turned there she was again. This time though she had a 1940's dress and she said, "I'm always with you so don't act up." I was scared, my heart thundered and I just nodded, "Yes ma'am, Grandmama". As soon as she left my church mama came in and was like "Go to bed" I smiled at her and went to bed.

That's my story.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, BriLovsHerChurchMama, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Ahhhhh, okay.

Thank you 😜

That makes perfect sense, actually.
BriLovsHerChurchMama (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Miracles51031 and elnoraemily, a church mama is like a god mom.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
elnora - don't feel alone, I've been wondering the same thing 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Question- what is a church mama?

I feel like that is a silly question.
BriLovsHerChurchMama (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Thanks lady-glow she was a no nonsense woman and the clothes she has on in the pictures I've seen are the only dresses I've seen.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
Hi BriLovsHerChurchMama! First of all welcome to YGS & Nice story.

With regards
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-01)
Welcome to YGS.
I love the fact that your grandmother seems to own a full wardrobe on the other side. 😜
Nice story, thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: