You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Office Mate - Double

Real Ghost Stories

Office Mate - Double

 

I'm 21y/o male and I need help. I never believed in ghost, or any extraterrestrial or paranormal beings/happenings. Not until I experienced it myself. This is my first experience about ghost, or I don't know what to call it, and I never want to experience something like this again.

Monday, the day before my experience, James (my office mate and childhood friend) and I are on lunch break, chatting like we usually do. He told me that he might not come to work tomorrow because it's his mom's birthday, but he's still uncertain. I always come to work 30 minutes earlier (8:00), but James will always be there earlier than me. We're always the first two to come. We are both new to the company and are used to be early.

Our office is on the ground floor and composed of 6 cells, 3 on left side (wall and washroom) and 3 on the right (window side). Each cell has 2 work stations, but the two cells at the back most have 4 work stations. We are in the 2nd (middle left cell). James's table is on the left near the wall, and mine is in the aisle (hallway side). Between cell 1 and our cell is a walkway going left to the washroom.

And so Tuesday came. I got to the office at 7:45am, bit early than my usual. James was not there and I thought that I got there earlier than him or he decided to take the leave. But I was wrong. I heard footsteps going to the washroom and heard the door opening and closing, I even saw his shadow or so I thought. A minute after, I went in front of the washroom door and I wanted to scare him, I readied to frighten him but more than 5 minutes have passed. I thought he was just taking a dump so I went inside, but he was not there.

I got out of the washroom and James was outside, looking straight at my eyes. My heart raced for a moment because I was so sure that he's still inside for I didn't hear the door opening again. I greeted him good morning and he just said "hey", but he sounded like an old woman, and he rushed inside the washroom. A few seconds after, I followed him inside wanting to ask about her mom's birthday, but he wasn't there. I felt shiver all over my body. Feeling cold feet, I double checked the cubicles but there is no James to be found. I never left the doorstep before coming inside so I know the there is something extremely wrong.

I went back to my table, sat in front of my computer feeling so weak, then a sudden yell coming from the washroom rang my ears. That yell was monstrous, like a shout from the bottom of a well. I couldn't stand, I was overwhelmed, I wanted to get out of that room but I just can't. The yelling won't stop, tears run down my cheek, I was so scared and sobbing like a lost child.

After minutes of crying, the sound stopped, but my tears kept flowing down my cheeks. While I was wiping my tears off, at last, another person got to the office, she saw me, asking why am I crying, I didn't respond, and she just left me and went to the back cell. By the way she sounded, I was certain that she didn't hear that frightening voice. I was relieved that someone is with me in that room. I checked my watch and it was just 7:55am, it felt like forever, then my mobile phone rang and it is a message from James saying that he is taking the leave.

I took the leave today, probably a week leave. I don't know what to do and so I decided to write this up online. I can't post it on facebook for I don't want them to freak out (my friends), and I don't want to look weird. I didn't even tell James or my family about it. I just don't know what to do anymore. I want to quit my job.

Tomorrow, I will go to our church and asked for advice, it would be great if you guys can also give your advice, please.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Allen_Ph, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-06)
Hi Allen_Ph! It would had bee a spine shivering experience for you. I had once experience a paranormal activity in my office too but it was bit different as like yours.
Going to church for an advice is a good idea. Hope you will get out from it sooner.

Wishing you good luck & be safe
bluntforcetrauma (2 stories) (12 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-05)
You may have encountered a doppelganger. That being said, don't quit your job. Just go to work later than usual so someone would be there before you. Like what others said, unless you have a back up plan, don't just get up and leave your job.
whoever (1 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-04)
It is not that what you experienced that is harming you, or whatever it was. But it is your fear and worries that do. It's past now, it's gone. Don't worry about it. The mind is reflecting what it is occupied with. If you life in fear and anxiety, you will see ghosts everywhere. Let go of it. Distract yourself from it, do things that make you happy. Spend time with your friends. If you scarred at work, make sure you're not alone until you feel comfortable again. If it helps you, tell someone you can trust. I wish you all the best.
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
Allen, I wouldn't quit the job unless you have a backup plan. Your need to make a living should be more important than some ghost, demon or whatever it is.

I know stuff like this is scary, but what you have to do is take charge. Show up early again sometime and if it happens again, confront it! Tell it you're not afraid of it and to leave you alone.
mayathelion (9 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-03)
That's scary. Where are your location,? Around Makati? I don't know what's wrong with these why they live usually in the washroom even at my work place too. Nice story! Terrifying...
Allen_Ph (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Wish-Not - Yes, I will tell this to james, but not now. He's on work. I will probably tell him tomorrow or on sunday... Today is friday morning here.
He trusts me and I trust him too, so he will help me on this one too. Bad news is, he is really scared of these kind of things.

Valkricry - Yes, that's what I am planning to do for I really can't quit the job right now. I don't have a plan yet though, I will talk to james regarding this one.
I might have to request to change division. But we're just newbies on the company so I don't think it will be granted.

Thank you guys, I really appreciate your help. I will update you on what our plan is. Because I really can't do this myself.
Allen_Ph (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
notjustme - it's now friday here. This is my last day for leave and I don't think I can quit the job. Thank you, and yes, I will really keep on praying. Still scared though.

Yeah I heard about doppleganger lots of time, I will definitely research about it.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
-1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Allen_Ph,
You might try going into work a little later. Just late enough you can be fairly sure that someone else is already in, but still be on time.
Wish-Not suggested you ask around work if anyone else has experienced the same type of thing. Sometimes, a good way to start this is by mentioning you either have a friend or saw a show that was talking about such things. The way they react to that, will let you know if they're open to such things.
I wish you luck, keep us posted.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Allen Ph- What a horrible experience. You must have been terrified. I can understand your apprehension to work there.
You stated that James was a childhood friend. Would he believe what happened to you. If he is someone that you can trust, confide in him and ask him to meet you at work at the same time.
In the meantime you could ask around to see if anyone else has experienced the same type of thing. You would want to do it carefully though. Hint around to see if anyone will open up. I would think something like that surly has happened before.
Good Luck. Keep us posted.
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Also, have you ever heard of a doppleganger? Perhaps google that and see if you think it could relate to your experience?
notjustme (19 stories) (852 posts)
+2
10 years ago (2014-10-02)
Allen - That is one terrifying encounter. I don't know too much about demons and things along those lines, but I am certain someone here will be able to more helpful than me. I have heard of demons being able to take forms of people, so I don't think it's a residential haunting. It sounds more serious than that. The only thing I can suggest is if you go back to work and sense something is not right again, start praying to whatever gives you strength. I am not a religious person but I do believe in a higher power, so I just pray in the name of Goodness. I imagine a ball of white light and try to expand it in my head. I suggest you try that and demand it to go away. Believe you are stronger than it.

I hope you get all the help you need. If quitting your job is something that you can do comfortably then maybe do that. If you can't due to money responsibilities, then may I suggest you do not go in as early as you normally do. Maybe talking to someone at work to see if others experience this too could be helpful in trying to figuring out what it is. I would suggest a cleansing but it's a work place so I know it wouldn't be easy... And sometimes before knowing what you're dealing with, a cleanse could make it more angry.

Good luck, hope you get some answers soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: