You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Story Of A Blood Sucking Evil

Real Ghost Stories

Story Of A Blood Sucking Evil

 

I'm pretty new to this site, and what I'm about to share is the one and only weird experience I had in my life so far. I apologise in advance if the narration is too long. I also request you all to ignore the grammatical errors.

My name is Adithyan, and my native is a place called Angadippuram, in Malappuram district of Kerala, India. I'm working abroad (Dubai) as IT Supervisor. It was on my last vacation I had this weird experience.

Before entering to the story, let me give you an outline of my paternal grandmother's house and locality near by it. It's a huge traditional house (in Malayalam it's called Covilakam), lies in between two cities Manjeri and Perinthalmanna. Anyone from Malappuram, Calicut, and Palakkad district reading this story might be knowing the place, and the incidents.

A particular place called PAALAKKA THADAM in the route is very famous for its haunted activities. Many people says that they had the sighting of a lady in white saree, with long untied wet hair. Recently in 3-4 months time, 3 persons found dead in the same place. The local residents says The Yakshi (in Kerala, the spirit of women called so) killed them. So most of them refuse to move out after sunset. Even I had heard of many such stories from my grandparents.

Coming back to my experience, it was about a year back 16th Nov 2013, Saturday, I was coming back from Nilamboor after giving some chocolates and other goods at my friend's home (Ajith, working with me in Dubai). I was stuck in the traffic due to an accident in Manjeri town, and was about 2 hours late. Time was around 8.45PM. I left from Manjeri town and the road was almost empty except few auto rickshaws and cars. I was alone in my car and was really enjoying a slow drive through free roads with music in high bass. I was tired of single drive and stopped near a petty shop (Thattu kada - a kind of mini hotel, they sell light food stuffs) which was about to close. I was the last one to leave. I had a lime tea and a stick of cigarette. After 10 minutes I continued my journey.

All on a sudden I was forced to stop the car, as I found a lady in Dhavani (Dhavani is a kind of South Indian Traditional costume for ladies/other form of saree) hanging on the branch of a tree. At first sight I was cold blooded, later I realised it's some one who committed suicide. I just looked around the place, I could not find any one nearby. Both the sides of the road was full of trees. In fact, it's not a thick forest but it look so. I felt an electric shock passing through my body so I just wanted to leave the place ASAP. I drove the car as fast as I can.

I reached my home by 10.00PM, freshen up, and came to downstairs for my food. My mom and brother was waiting for me to come, by that time my Dad went to bed. We had our food, I told my Mom about what I had seen. Then my Mom told me the unusual death of two young boys recently took place in that area. She told me that the people around says that the place called 'PAALAKKA THADAM' is highly haunted, and the people resides near by believes that the Yakshi is residing in a 'Yakshi Pala' (Alstonia Scholaris) in the plot and is a wandering place of Yakshi at dark.

There was two young boys were found dead in the morning, and in the postmortem report it was clear that unstoppable bleeding was the reason for their death. Some say it was a bike accident, whereas the other stick to their opinion that they were killed by the Yakshi. This made me anxious to know more about The Blood Sucking Evil.

We all went to bed, and I fell asleep soon since I was tired of whole day drive. The next day, I asked my Dad about the rumors I heard from my Mom last night as he was born and grown up in Kadannamanna, which is very close to Paalakka Thadam (haunted place in this story). He explained me his childhood days, and also said he never had any of such experiences. But his cousins and few of relatives had weird experiences of hearing screaming and loud laughing sound of a lady and so on. Please keep in mind that my Dad told me the story of about 50 years back in his childhood days. I was not much convinced with his response.

I have a gang of 5 best friends in the town. I called them and explained the incident I had last night. I wanted to know more about the place, and they agreed to come with me. When we reached there, there was a grocery shop which I didn't see last night (in fact out of fear I couldn't notice it) and asked him about the rumors I heard about the Yakshi and its sightings around the place. He said there is nothing like haunted, and the real estate brokers are creating the story and scary sightings to grab the plot (around 40 acres of land, with coconut trees, mango trees, etc.) at a cheaper rate. He made us believe that there is nothing and what I heard was all just rumors.

We were about to leave from there and, just to know, I asked him about the suicide I had seen last night. His reply really shocked us. He said there was nothing happened, and since the death of two youngsters (I mentioned above) there was not even a single accident took place there. I was going to a state of mental depression at this point. What I saw was not a dream, I really seen it. Now the vendor says nothing was happened.

Then we left all about our investigation, and reached my paternal grandmother's house for our lunch. We had our lunch and my Dad's elder sister (Vallyamma), who was staying there with other two brothers, and my uncle and aunty. I asked my Vallyamma (in kerala, we call Dad's elder sister so) about the story behind it. I felt she will be knowing something as she is the eldest in our family, who is 79 now.

The story she said is (all about 70-80 years back, and she might have heard from her parents/other elder relatives, I really don't know the source of origin) about 80 years back there was a Brahmin joint family lived who were the landlord of that particular locality. They had many servants who were like slaves to them. Among the servants there was a girl and one of the members of the family fell in love with her. The elder members came to know about this, and they don't want to have an affair from a lower caste. Hence, they decided to avoid her. But she refused, and finally they decided to kill her. She was forcefully poisoned by them, and burnt her body alive. Since then her soul wanders with revenge, and being an unusual death/forceful murder, she turned into a vengeful evil spirit (Raktha Rakshassu, in English Blood Sucking Evil Spirit). People here believed that, if any one, pass through this place at midnight, she (the evil) seduce them, take them into PAALA tree, kill them and suck their blood. Hence the place was left alone after sunset. This is what the story my Vallyamma told us.

The most interesting side is that, even after 70-80 years, a group of people still believe that the soul of the girl wanders at midnight with never ending revenge and to suck the young blood. At this point I could not believe it.

But, at the other side, what I had seen (a hanging lady) was not a dream, believe me guys.

1) Who was that lady I found hanged?

2) Why only me see it, and the local people were not even aware of it?

3) If that was a deadly haunted area, why that tea shop guy (the shop from where I had my tea and cigarette last night), didn't warn me that it's not safe to go ahead at that time?

Even today these remains unanswered.

Guys, can you please help me to find the solution for my questions? All questions and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for reading and sharing your views.

Thanks & regards,

Adithyan Ak.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, aadiz_aadi, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aadiz_aadi (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-19)
Hi dipy,

Please feel free to contact on my email

Adithyan.ak [at] mail.com

Regards,
Aadiz.
Dip1904 (115 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-11-11)
hello adi, I am intrigued with your case as for two reasons...

1. You are from dubai (I am too and in fact I am working in jebel ali)

2. The concept of yakshi... I am finding them very much common with many concepts of ghost folklore around the world.

Please provide your email id so that I can contact you. Or better just reply to mine - dipyaman dot ghosh at gmail dot com
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
aadiz_aadi,
First thanks for the link.
It sounds to me as if you almost get punished for reporting things to your police. Now, mind you, even here in the states we get questioned over such things, but unless they have reason to believe we are some how connected to it, we're free to go home. So, it is a bit hard for us to understand that.
aadiz_aadi (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
aadiz_aadi (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-10-25)
Hello Enlora, I said this, my perception was the same that it was someone who committed suicide. It could be of two reasons.

Either it was a supernatural effect.

Or, as I mentioned it must be a scary sighting created by Land giants.

I had an experience and was scared. Just imagine you were in place of me. Do you stay back.!
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-24)
If it is common for people to kill themselves in that area, why would it be assumed that person is part of an evil haunting in the area?
aadiz_aadi (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-24)
First of all I wish to thank you all for reading and sharing your views.
Hello Miracle and Enlora, as both of you said, I tried to convience myself that it was all imaginary, but couldn't. In Kerala it is commony some one commit suiside on their personal issues. I thought the same until I had a discussion with my mom.

Now, Mr. Rook, thanks for posting your comment. In Kerala, if some one report at Police that I witnessed it, I will have to spend my whole vacation behind it. Even they can block my travel back to Dubai. Normally no one takes such risk. I did the same.

Best regards,
Adithyan aadiz.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2014-10-09)
Ah! Is that what those things are called? Thanks, elnora and Watson! I was just too lazy to Google it myself.
sushantkar (16 stories) (533 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Hello aadiz_aadi! First of all I would like to welcome you in YGS. The story which you had shared was spine shivering and goose bumping and also well narrated. The lady you saw that night might be the spirit of that girl who was poisoned forcefully. Spirits chooses people of whom they wanted to show themselves up in order to get salvation from their current stage and in your case she selected you because you must have that mental strength of seeing her. The vendors and the hotel persons do not have that leverage and that is why they have not seen her or the spirit of that women do not wanted to show her self up to them.
The two boys who had died in that area must have been dead by seeing her because might be they have that mental status but since they were young, it leads to their death. The continuous bleeding would have been due to explosion of veins.
Although, the above written points are of my perception.

With best regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Dear Adithyan,
Although I want to side with Miracles, elnoraemily & BJJ, yet my instincts are pulling me towards the popcorn that rook is sharing.

Regards
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Dear Holmes,
Watson to the rescue...
I think what elnoraemily intended to portray was akin to this:

Http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/67/Autorickshaw_Bangalore.jpg

This is an authentic traditional auto-rickshaw from India, generally referred to as simply Auto.

Nice to see you guys again, if you know what I mean!

Regards
elnoraemily (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
An auto rickshaw is a rickshaw attached to a motorcycle instead of a bike or being pulled.

I think. Google could have lied to me.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Question: What is an auto rickshaw?
aadiz-aadi, the story you relate and the one told by your Vallyamma, do not seem to be related. So, I don't think what you saw has anything to do with it.
I am curious as to why you did not report it. I also do not understand your or your mother's reaction. Folks don't usually freshen up and sit down to dinner after stumbling across a dead body. But then, perhaps you were in a type of shock. However, your mother's reaction, to inform you of two other deaths instead of suggesting to contact the police completely baffles me. Am I missing something?
MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
I'm with Rook on this.
I can't stop myself from wondering if you ever reported this hanging woman? I know that would have been the first thing I did. From what I gather, it seems like you just went on about your day without questioning it until you got home and casually brought it up... So until the next reply I will take a post on the fence too, sorry.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-08)
Hi, aadiz_aadi Welcome to YGS... I enjoyed your story. Your narration is good. You have written a typical kind of Indian ghost story.WOW!And I truly believe in your story. I don't think your mind was playing a trick.

Thanks for sharing

rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Did you report the hanging to anyone? You know what you saw, but did you attempt to go back to the store you had the tea/smoke at OR tell the police? You do not mention this fact... Couple that with the locals story of real estate agents and no body being found has me wondering... But only you know for sure and you say you saw this woman hanging from a tree...

So let's say you did see what you have described to us... Perhaps it was a residual image of a PAST event... Somehow in your tired state you were able to 'see' an event from the past.

As for the other tales and stories... They must remain just that. Others have mentioned that all tales have a grain of truth to them... Perhaps the tragic event you 'saw' is what started the other 'stories', stories that keep people inside (kids in particular).

Thanks for sharing... But I am out on the fence with popcorn if anyone wants to join me.

Respectfully,

Took
BadJuuJuu (guest)
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
No worries. 😊
Aadiz, I tend to agree with Miracle and elnora. Although I believe all legends hold a grain of truth, the legends themselves are often so exaggerated as to be unrecognizable from the events that inspired them. It's very possible that suggestion influenced your experience.
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Noted! Sorry, BadJuuJuu.

The trolls can stay under the bridge.
BadJuuJuu (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Please don't feed the trolls. If Fearless doesn't get the attention he wants, he'll crawl back under his bridge quicker. 😆
elnoraemily (guest)
 
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Hello Adithyan (gorgeous name, by the way),

Your story was quite fascinating!

A lot of legends stem from reality, like the origins of even the legend of creatures like Dracula were based on people who really lived. The problem with stories is that they become lore and the truth of them can get lost along the way.

I don't doubt that you saw a woman hanging and it's possible it could have been your mind playing tricks on you. Or maybe, you just saw the truth behind the story?

Miracles' post made a few good points on this, as well.
elnoraemily (guest)
-1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Seriously, Fearless? One mention of a cigarette and you make a comment like that?
If you don't want to help, why comment?
Fearless (18 posts)
-4
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
Those cigarettes really altered your perception of things
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2014-10-07)
aadiz_aadi - this is just my opinion, okay? Due to how tired you were and the fact you were aware of the stories concerning this area/woman, I am wondering if it's possible that your mind could have been playing tricks on you? Our mind can influence what we see, especially when you factor in the other things. And I can't help but feel you really want the rumors/legends to be true, which also can affect reality.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: