You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: A Bad Dream or Possessed?

Real Ghost Stories

A Bad Dream or Possessed?

 

I think I was possessed in a dream... if that's even possible? I was probably around eight or nine years old when this happened and I remember nothing but having a headache and these annoying spinning red and blue blocks in my head that would not go away. My mom told me the next day that I had been sleep walking. She said that I was walking everywhere around the house looking for something and I kept saying "it hurts, it hurts!". Then after awhile of searching through the house I found scissors and I tried to cut my stomach open, but my mom grabbed them away before I could hurt myself.

Her and my older brother held me down the rest of the night and she says I was shaking really bad. I have no idea what happen to me and it has never happened again. Sometimes I feel like someone possessed me to feel their pain or help them in some way, but I was too young to realize anything.

Now that I am older I would love to find out what happened. Was is something supernatural or just a dream gone wrong? I don't know much about ghost, spirits or being possessed, so please if anyone could help me or has any ideas that would be great. My sisters have had encounters with ghosts in the same house that I had my encounter of a bad dream or something supernatural. Maybe that might have something do to with it. Maybe not. Do you think it was a nightmare?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, safekid, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KatalinaMesaru (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-12)
You were most likely possessed. Being possessed can do many things to a person. It can make you commit suicide; the shaking is normal for possession. Possession can also make you kill some one close to you. If it ever happens again, contact a pastor to help you get rid of this demon/ghost.
Kirsten (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Hello, you have a very interesting story. I think that you did not sleep walk, nor do I think that you had a nightmare, but I do think that you were possessed. My cousin use to sleep walk and have nightmare and he never did this. It sounds like something much more, something to where if you compared sleep walking and nightmares and something else, nightmares and sleep walking would seem harmless, something like possession. Your sisters having experiences with ghosts, hopefully none as bad as yours, is proof that you were most likely possessed. You are lucky something worse did not happen. I would not stay in that house, it is your life!
Draco777 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
If you are posessed, you won' t be able to read this loud.
Crux cacra sit mihi lux,
Non draco sit mihi dux.
Crux Sancti Patris Benedicti.
Vade retro, Satana,
Nunquam suade mihi vana.
Sunt mala qae libas -
Ipse venena bibas!
In nomini Dei, amen.
ghostsarefake (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-14)
i don't believe in ghosts, but I definitely believe in being possessed. Demons are everywhere. I'm a christian, and so some of you might not believe in the same thing, but that's what I believe. Demons can control you if they want to. So, that's an option.:P
spiritual_twinkie (28 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
Well, Shaking violently is natural for me. I had this problem at the age of nine. It happened to me cauz I had less amount of calcium in my body. My brother's frnd sleep walks every night and says anything which is kind of ridiculous. I don't think you must worry that much 😊
Rashidah (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
ScaredDaytonaFl
Please calm down. You are posting all over the place like crazy.
Contact me at rmawuta [at] yahoo.com
Let's chat about your problems. But you have to relax first and stop panicking like that. ❤
ScaredDaytonaFL (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-30)
About 8 or 9yrs ago I was in NY (in FL now) and was laying on a couch trying to go to sleep. I kept my eyes closed and felt something of a prick on my right big toe. It progressively started to hurt more and somewhat of a burning sensation traveled up my leg through my chest up what felt like my spine, up through my neck and to my eyes. I then had what was the spinning hypnotize black and whit thingy that you always associate with hypnotizing or whatever. You know the thing that spins. Anyways it wasn't black and white. It was a very bright red and yellow spinning slow at first then fast and faster until it was blurry. That went on for a few minutes and I BROKE THE CONNECTION! I fought it off. I forced myself up and yelled so loud my neighbors came running. Things have never stopped happening even before that or even after. No matter where I go... There they are.
Blackout (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
I've had the same experience when I fall asleep sometimes but the only thing I can see is black figures and after that I saw like a vision of the face that was inside of me and my mom wakes me up by smacking me across the face in the kitchen.
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-12)
Yeah, you likely were possessed by something unpleasent, and it sounds quite likely that It was in turn effected by your rather potent headache - hence the need to get itself out of you.

Has anything like this ever happened again to you since then? If not, then it could be that that headache's saved you from years of torment =^
Tino (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
night terrors...it's a psychological issue, got nothing to do with possession
hayley308 (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-15)
Not sure its hard to tell? When you mentioned you were saying it hurts that's likely to be from the headache. Also a lot have people who have seen other people sleep walk have mentioned that the sleepwalker has tried to do bizzare things.

One was on telly a man slept walked and murdered his wife while sleep walking not meaning to do! If you had a bad headache it can disturb your sleep pattern and if you sleep pattern is disturbed it can cause you to sleep walk
seraphim (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Oh that is terrible. It could either be that a demon posessed you or it could be that you were having a horrible nightmare... I really don't know.
You mention that you tried to cut your stomach open while sleep walking... Now to me this sounds very much like the influence of a demon.
I hope this has not happened again?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
Personally, safekid, I think this was in connection with your headaches. I do not think you were possessed. You know what you were feeling, from what I think I know about possessions, you would not know that if you were possessed. Also it is apparently difficult to make it out alive from a possession, and you obviously did. I am not saying that all victims die, they do not. But these things have passed, without an exorcism and I am not sure, but I think you would have had to have an exorcism to become UN-possessed. But I could be wrong about that part. I think you had migraines. Thank you.
puppy_posses_me96 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-03)
safekid;i think you were possesed a couple of days ago I actually was possesed by this little girl ghost named Sally. Be glad your not me right now 😭
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Sorry I didn't steal the carrots but I did heist the green peppers...yum! 😁
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Oh so that was you running around my garden that night! I wondered who took all my carrots. 😆 Here I blamed it on those poor defenseless rabits.😲

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
Sleep walking is sometimes unexplainable. I sleep walk like clock work every 2 years and it scaries me because I don't know where I've been. One of the last times I slept walked, I woke up with muddy feet and a change of clothes and my door was open and unlocked.
safekid (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
I never thought about a migraine? I get them once in a blue moon but they never led me to sleepwalk.

Thanks for telling me some of your experiences and your opinions they have actually helped a lot 😉
gostrider (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Well hi there Kristen, I do believe in possessed because when I was 8 years old my uncle possessed by a demon, well at first I didn’t believe because when you look at him you can tell that there is nothing wrong with him…but during the night he keeps in growling like there is something in him. So my family decided to call a witch doctor. Then there we are looking in him then the witch doctor touched the head of my uncle then she said that she will need a tissue paper we have no idea why the witch doctor need that a few seconds after we saw a scar at the back of the witch doctor seems like she was scratch by a devil with 3 sharp claws, we could not believe what we see but its true…you know what Kristen you better see a priest and ask the an opinion maybe it would help you a lot…well I’ve heard the same story as you in http://www.itzamatch.com/en/index.jsp and I also tell him the same thing so that the priest could help him to draw the demon away…

-----------------------
mAny tHankz!
nocturnal_D
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Kristen,
Do you suffer from Migranes?
That sounds like a Migrane attack, but it also sounds like a very bad one. I have had them that bad. I unfortunetly have Migranes and the ones mentioned sound like one. From what I have hear a person that is possesed after coming out of it (that is if they make it) they don't remember and it sounds like you do remember so I find it hard for it to be a posession.
That is my opinion anyway
😁
miiish (3 stories) (40 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Hey Kristen

Just wanted to share with you that I have terrible headaches and have multicoloured triangles that I see. Mine is a migraine, perhaps you have it too and should consult with a doctor, so if its confirmed, you can be given medication for the pain. Its unbearable. I used to have the headaches for 3 days straight and nothing worked. Finally I learnt to control the pain and now even though I rarely have them, its much easier when they come on. The triangles, last for just about 10 minutes and move to the side of my vision and then disappear.

This website should help.
http://www.medicinenet.com/migraine_headache/article.htm

I do not mean to discedit your experiences, but, extreme stress can trigger a migrain, so perhaps your sleep walking and the trauma you go through in this state is the cause. I doubt your headache are caused by anything but stress. Do get a check up !
Cheers !
ritasilvera (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
A Bad Dream or Possessed? -

Hi You can go ahead and know more about me I am from Indian and I like researching about these encounters not only in a supernatural but also in a scierntific way I see this as not a dream but a supernatural encounters dreams are only a way of comunication used for maiking you know of maybe an incident to happen or something from the supernatural to bring out in the open since you were small and were more vulnerable to this experience. Seeing from a scientfic way bring me to an opening that point the supernatural and in no doubt this a supernatural experience. If you wana know more of how people experience supernatural how to know more you can keep in touch with me by mailing me on flaviaroma20 [at] hotmail.com. Best regards - Rita Silvera
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
It's really hard to say what that could have been since you were so young. I wished I could help you with this one. I was a sleep walker myself when I was younger. One time, when I was in the Girl Scouts, we went camping at Camp Dorothy Thomas and I woke up, while walking, in the middle of the woods with only the moonlight showing through the trees. I had walked right out of the cabin and into the woods and never woke up until I reached the middle of the woods. I was so freaked out I couldn't find my cabin. I kept walking into empty ones. Finally I found mine but I was totally freaked out and couldn't sleep. I was eleven or twelve at the time. My brother's and sister used to watch me when I would sleep walk and pick at the door jam like I was digging for something. They would talk to me while I was sleeping and I didn't even know it. One time they caught me at the end of my bed sitting indian style talking to I don't know who! There have been times where I've awakened to standing on my bed grabbing at something in the air and then when I wake up I lose my balance and almost land on my baby that was sleeping with me and my husband. A lot of crazy things have happened to me while sleeping, even going out to the living room talking clearly to my parents and responding fine even though I was sleeping and never new it happened. I don't sleep walk anymore. Probably because I don't sleep much. It sounds like it just might have been a horrible, walking nightmare. Very scary! I hope you find the answers that you seek. Thanks for sharing your story.-Shelby 😊 ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: