You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Not Sure What Who/what This Could Be

Real Ghost Stories

Not Sure What Who/what This Could Be

 

Here's a bit of small information that will make some sense by the end of these happenings or maybe they won't, I'm still trying to figure it out.

My sister and I talk frequently over the phone. About numerous things including supernatural happenings. They happen often to her, people she may be involved with, and myself as well. So the supernatural topic comes up often, and usually she will call me to tell me what has happened and to warn me. She has come up with an idea, which could be a possibility, but truly I'm not sure. When our mother goes into her bouts of depression, or becomes ill in some way, more often than not things start going bump in the night.

One evening around 6:30, I get a call and she is a little worked up. She proceeds to tell me she and her mate had just arrived home and started to settle down. She changed into her PJ's and sat down in her recliner when she felt a sharp, burning pain on her left thigh. She checked and nothing was there. She thought it may be something in the chair so she searched, only to come up with nothing. So she continues to sit back and relax when she feels it again, but this time it came along with pressure. So she again checks and she finds there is a large burn type scratch on her thigh, and as she's looking at it, it's developing underneath the skin.

Previous to this, a few months earlier, her mate had something happen to her. One morning, she gets up to start her routine getting ready for work. She heads out her bedroom door, and she feels something grab ahold her entire body. She tries to move but can't. She describes it as though she was in a freeze. She looks up and she realizes something darker than black was in the hallway, looking at her. She describes it to to be a tall dark shadow looking man. She begins to panic, and whatever this was let go of her, in the same instance dashes and disappears into their living room. She turns on the hallway light, and runs towards the living room, only a few feet away (it's a short hallway), and she finds nothing.

Now to my encounters. I am definitely one to figure all out, and to not hold any judgements when it comes to the paranormal and its happenings. If they happen, they happen. If not ok.

A few days after the phone call, I honestly wasn't holding my breath when my sister warned me because I don't feel my encounters have anything to do with our mother. Or what may be going on in her home.

This was early in the morning around 5 am, an hour before my kids start waking up for school, and an hour after my husband heads off to work. So for an hour I get me time. I began my cleaning routine, I like to get it done early. At the end of the hallway are two bedrooms. On either side are 2 kids' room, as well opposite side my other 2 kids' room.

I head down the hallway, walk in, turn off their TV, as they keep it on overnight for a nightlite. I walk in and notice neither of them are in their room. So I go to the other room and they're all in there sleeping soundly. So I close that door, walk across again, and turn the TV off and close the door.

I continue about my cleaning the bathroom which only about 4 feet away, and for whatever reason, I walked out of the bathroom. I noticed the empty bedroom's light was on, and the door is wide open.

I instantly thought, ok one of the kids got up and probably decided to get into their own bed.

I walk down the hallway, peep into the room and neither one was in there. I turn around and notice the other door isn't open. I open it and check in on the kids, all are still asleep in the same spots they were in just a few minutes before. I turn back around, turn said light off, close the door and head back down the hallway.

I continue my cleaning, and decided I needed to start a load of laundry when I notice again the door is wide open. Now at this point I'm getting frustrated. I go back down, close the door, and check on the kids.

I questioned the kids later that evening. I asked them why they decided to sleep all together in one room. Both said they don't feel comfortable sleeping in there. Now this wasn't a problem until recently.

Onto the next happening, which occurred last night. I woke up at 12:42 exactly. Been doing that here recently also. I decided to get up use the rest room, check my cell, and then lay back down.

As soon as I laid my head on the pillow, I heard shuffling in the kitchen. I think it's one of the kids in the kitchen. We moved our mattress to the living room, so my husband could sleep better, which explains why I can see the kitchen only a few feet away. It's an open plan so there is only one wall separating kitchen and living room.

Anyhow...I hear shuffling in the kitchen, I wait, because I'm thinking it's one of the kids looking for something to drink, and maybe I had missed them while I was in the bathroom. The shuffling stops, and no one comes out. I then remember I need to put the leftover dinner up. I get up, and walk into the kitchen, no one is in there. But I go about my business. I'm used to this sort of stuff, so it doesn't bother nor does it scare me.

I finish, and lay back down. I'm in bed and a few minutes later I hear what sounds like my countertop being hit. Twice it made this sound. I open my eyes, as I'm facing the kitchen. Then I hear the cabinets being slammed, over and over. The pressure in the air changes, I felt the temperature drop, and the air pressure drops as well. I get this quite often.

As I'm laying there trying to figure out what could this spirit possibly want, my whole body temperature rises. I literally feel my body turn hot and I start sweating. Then again the pressure drops, and my ear starts to burn.

I kick the covers off, thinking that would help, and sit up. I stand up, and tell it out loud, "Okay, enough is enough, I'm trying to go back to sleep!" And all stops instantly.

Now the warning my sister tells me. "Okay, mom must be in a depressed state, things are happening again around here. Be careful." I usually call my mom and make sure she's okay, and talk for a bit. My sister won't call her when these things happen.

Thanks for reading and I need some help on this.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

girl25 (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-08)
first don't be afraid, whatever it is it cannot hurt you. Think of me... I have seen my own doppelganger and I am still alive, but these two weeks they were hell
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-31)
Ok heres an update:
I have been looking into all that has been going on.
I've talked to my mom and step-dad several times over the phone, have looked into my journals, and have talked with my oldest son only because he has written his experiences down also.

The activity in the house is more noticable now. You were defintely onto something Rook. When you asked if I was just noticing more, you were right.

There may be a connection with my mom and I in some way, but nothing that has to do with our resident spirit.

Since I laid down ground rules for this spirit, which I believe to be female activity isn't so strong.

Shes active but not with my younger children. She does try to communicate with my oldest son.

She has tried talking to me as I hear her talking when all is quiet in the home.

I'm just not sure how to correctly communicate with her, to find out why she is in the home.

While speaking on the phone with my mom and step-dad I asked them specific questions for certain dates that my son and I had written down.
On days before during and after.

I asked if she had been stressing,upset,had any anxiety etc. Both answered no, and went into some detail as those were specific days they had been visiting family members, moving all with these couple of months and were excited about all of it.

Now I need to figure out why this spirit is here, and how I can help her.
She seems to make a point of letting my son know shes around.
By talking, and humming.
She let's me know by talking, and I can feel her.

Thanks for reading and taking your time to comment.
Spiritwaiting
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
Rook,
Good question.
It seemed it was increasing.
But looking into it, and I checked in with both my sister and my mother all seemed good.
And the activity I noticed wasnsn't increasing if that makes sense, I have been noticing more.

And no I don't feel its anything negative, I can feel spirits energy.
When I saw this spirit enter the room, I also felt it was a female.

So its confusing for me, maybe she wanted my attention, or just wanted to have a little love come her way.

I did say out loud after all that happened" I didn't mean to scare you, but you can'tjust walk up on me like that"
.
And the activity has ceased since then.
I still feel her around, shes here.Just not eager her vibrations have calmed a bit
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
Uh, question...

When did I mention a negative spirit had entered the home?

I do not remember that, nor can I find it in my comments... Please 'cut and paste' my quote so I can remember.

Here is a question... Is the activity actually increasing, or are more things being noticed/being reported because you are paying more attention to the situation?

If there is indeed and 'uptick' in activity, check on your Mothers condition... If she is 'doing worse' then making a connection may happen quicker than expected... However if there is no change or she is improving... The odds of the activity being connected to her are slimmer.

Just something to consider.

Respectfully,

Rook
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
I was just reading in my experience journal.
I forgot before all this started, My husband and I had an argument, the day before, and I had been feeling quite depressed for about 2 weeks before.

I wonder if, say all of this could have been maybe influenced by the spirit, or caused some sort of magnet to this spirit?

Or in a random thought of mine, maybe I caused all of this.
It was quite the argument, as we don't argue often, and I'm not one to just start feeling depressed or sad.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
Catt,
I completely understand where you're coming from.
My entire life has been accompanied by spirits.
I am trying currently to figure out why and how all this is connected.

From this last update, one day ago.
My energy has been drained significantly, and I slept almost an entire day away. Yesterday matter of fact.
I believe in the protection light/bubble,some may call it.
I surrounded myself yesterday afternoon before I fell asleep. Today I feel much better, although I do have a slight headache.

You bring up good valid points.
I have come a long way, on figuring out how to protect my children, and myself from these entities, or whatever it could be.

I didn't get a bad vibe or any type of negative energy come from it, matter of fact thinking about it, whatever it was I believe I scared it.
Because since suddenly getting up and checking out the room etc, that night I haven't felt or had any further activity.

All is calm in the home.
I am very aware of spirits in my home, as my passed loved ones come and go when the time is needed.

But also with all that being done, I am taking extra precautions because I am not sure who this is, and why they are acting out.
It could be some random spirit, or it could be connected to my mother, sister and myself.

I will definitely keep everyone updated with any further activity, and if I figure out what's going on.
Thanks for reading,commenting,and concern.

Its greatly appreciated
Spiritwaiting
Catt (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
Sorry if that was a lot or difficult to read I'm sure some of it was. It's almost 6:00AM & I'm very tired going to bed now sorry again
Catt (2 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
I read your experiences and something defiantly seemed varry familiar. I usually don't put my opinions out there & never post to social media. So of course you don't have to listen to a thing I say but I thought maybe if I could help in any way why not try right? Just my experiences

I have experienced strange things my entire life like you said you have. So I compleatly understand what you mean when you often dismiss your experiences. I also have older familly members who have been recognized as "gifted" in some way, and compleatly believe that these things are passed down through future generations.

As Rook said it dose sound as if some sort of negative spirit has entered your home. And negative spirits will feed off of any negative energy they can get. They don't like it when your happy they don't want you to be at peace because they are not at peace and can not find happiness. Again just my experiences/beliefs here...

SOO if these "gifts" can be passed down & your mother passed something to you & your sister then why wouldn't her negative energy affect you right? (Especially if you are close) & the more negative energy there is the more you attract negative spirits or help them grow stronger and you end up with a never ending loop situation.

What worries me is that your experiences do seem to be getting worse & that someone you know was phisicly harmed because of this. What starts as a poltergeist can attract much darker things. At one point things got worse for me too & I continued to ignore it or brush it off as not a big deal. Before I knew it I felt that I was loosing control of my whole life. I won't go into much detail but I don't want this to happen to you or your familly. We'll just say things got pretty bad and I was afraid.

I hope you take my advise & put your foot down before things get to out of hand. You can record your experiences if you want but I wouldn't. I suggest trying to put these things behind you as soon as you can. SPEAK out loud & let whatever it is know that they are not welcom in your home you don't care about them they will not have power over you & want them gone.
I don't know if you believe in any sort of God or higher power but you defiantly believe that something is out there. So at the very least I would ask that if there is anything good out there that can help your familly then please help. Also I'm not sure if you've heard of the salt thing before (think it ended up on tv & movies so might sound silly) but honestly I believe it is affective. I put it around my bed Windows etc. WATCH your children. I mean I'm sure you do but especially younger ones are more sensitive to these things & could be the most at risk in these situations. If you try to take control of your home you could make whatever it is angry for a while but don't give up

Again just opinions based off of my experiences & you don't have to listen to me at all but I honestly hope things get better for you & your whole familly
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Another thing I forgot to add.
My son has also heard me calling his name, while outside walking our pup, from his room window.
Only to come inside and either I would still be asleep or sitting watching tv.
He has heard my other son call his name from in the room, right in his ear while that said son would be outside, playing with friends.

I heard a little girls voice, this morning only for a split second, and when I stopped to listen nothing else was said.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Ok so heres an update.
I haven't looked into the comnection because I have been really busy with more activity in the home.
Only a few minutes ago, I was laying in my bed alone with my cell phone.
I was laying facing the door, and a few times before had told my daughter to go to bed.

A few minutes after they had all finally laid down, While I was looking at my phone, I saw a someone come into the room.
I thought it was my daughter, but immediately knew it wasn't because this was way taller than her, and had seemed to glide not walk. It had no bounce in the step.
It quickly made its way from my bedroom door to the corner of my bed which is only 3 feet away. So it was farely quick.

I look up immediately, and no one is there. I shine the light from my phone around the room and nothing. I immediately get up and run to my kids'room 5 feet away.
All of my kids are in their rooms.
My sons says that was weird, I ask him what.
He said right before you came in here, I felt chills all throughout my body, and I got really scared for no reason, then you walked in.

Now since, my sister was scratched the events in my home have picked up.

This afternnon while trying to take a nap, I heard faint footsteps walk up and down my hallway.
Every time I would open my eyes to look nothing.

Im not scared just a little freaked out because its starting to get seriously active.

My son just recently told me, about a week ago something happened to him as well.

He was on his cell texting one of his friends, which happens to be a beginning sensitive.
He said we have a spirit in the home whos lost.

My son fianlly grew tired and told ended the convo.
My son said right after he laid his head down on his pillow he heard what sounded like someone running down the hallway and hit the hallway wall.
He got up to look, and no one was up or awake.

I need to know why this activity is increasing and if there's a way I can help this spirit move on
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
You had me at "Adult Poltergeist Activity" Rook and it makes perfect sense.

Look forward to your updates Spiritwaiting. This is intriguing.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Rook,
Hehe 😊.Yes it was very well written, and I understood every bit of it. I believe you were meant to write it like that.
[at] Mack,
I agree:)

Sincerely Spiritwaiting
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Wow,

After going back and re-reading my post I am happy everyone understood it... To be honest it could have used a wee bit more editing as it seems a tad bit muddled in the middle.

Thanks for reading and Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-23)
Rook,

Without wanting to sound like a weird cyber-space "fan", can I genuinely say you have added a very insightful and thoughtful post here. Sound and intelligent advice.

Regards

Mack
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Goggzy,
Thank you for reading and commenting.
I will update everyone once I find a connection, to all of this.
Theres so much going on, with my mom sister the family in general.
My mom after losing her brother, my uncle the one I talk about in other experiences, she was never the same.
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Thanks Rook!:)
Ok I have started a journal of happenings as of just recently. I haven't looked back at them and will soon. And it makes sense, about the sensitives, mediums etc in the family.

My grandfather "Sonny" was a sensitive. My father is/was an Indian shaman.
I am an empath, and am figuring out more about my gifts I have day by day. I have been practicing meditation, amongst other things, and have felt a great awakening in me and have learned more and am seening more than I ever have.

Also thinking back to my childhood, in other experiences I have written here, it becomes very clear.
During those events, my mother was going through grieving, amongst many other things. And the activity became somewhat terrifying.
I believe those may be under Taurus 83 accnt, before I learned how to reset password and started this account.

Thank you Rook for responding.
I am definitely going to keep up entries in the journal, and find out the connection to all of this.
Also I forgot to add, the activity in my home has become louder if anyone understands, but hasnt increased.

Thank you Rook for responding and helping:) 😊
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
I agree with Rook you and your sister should start journals to see if there is any connection
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
This 'COULD' be a case of 'Adult Poltergeist Activity'...

Poltergeist Activity can be caused by a various things:

Energy levels/type generated in the home, by the entire family may have attracted in a spirit who likes to make itself known by moving objects, making noises, tapping on walls, ect.

The energy level/type of energy being generated by a pre-teen/teenager may have attracted in a spirit who likes to make... (see above)...

A pre-teen/teenager going through puberty releasing excess energy by means of
You have stated that activity 'ramps up' Psychokinetic outbursts, which causes objects to move, noises being made, tapping on walls, ect.
Whenever, well you described it like this...

"When our mother goes into her bouts of depression, or becomes ill in some way, more often than not things start going bump in the night."

So it MAY be possible that this description applies...

Psychokinetic outbursts, which causes objects to move, noises being made, tapping on walls, ect.

These things are happening and are directed towards you and your sister because your mother is thinking about you during her 'bouts' or when she is sick. Is there a history of individuals being sensitive's, mediums, or physic in your Family? If there is and your Mother has been suppressing it and she is now experiencing 'bouts' of depression of frequent illness's these noises MAY be her way of reaching out for help.

Just a few thoughts... Thanks for sharing.

Oh, to be sure everything is connected... Start a Journal of these 'odd events' it could help narrow down what, when and why it is happening.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: