You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Investigation Involving 5 Year Old Kid

Real Ghost Stories

Investigation Involving 5 Year Old Kid

 

Location: Leven, Fife Scotland

Type Of Entity: T-3

Case File: HOU-KY8-19-03-2016-811

Lead Researcher: George Cowan

Lead Investigators: George Cowan and David Byrne

Investigators: David Brown, Michele Brown, Donald Williams and James Byrne

House Type: T-4 7 Room, 3 Bed Cottage

Equipment Used: 12 DV Camaras, 8 Wired EVP Recorders, 6 Torches, 1 Full Spectrum Camara, 1 Full Spectrum Glasses, 2 Thermal Camaras, 4 EMF Detectors, 8 Harddrives and 1 Hub.

Claims: A Spirit that likes to scare the owners 5 year old son. Sounds from the attic.

How we work out Type Of Entity

T-1 is Residual.

T-2 is Intelligent which is not dangerous.

T-3 is Intelligent or Prankster that likes to scare people.

T-4 is Intelligent and is physically hurting people.

T-5 is Demonic entities only.

We received a phone call from a concerned parent on Friday 18th March at around 7.45 PM (GMT). She explained what was happening and the team agreed that we set up a investigation as soon as possible.

When we got to the house we realised it was out in countryside and was nearly 1 mile to the closest neighbour. When we were setting up we heard noises from the attic so we put 2 cameras up there as nothing was running at the time. This was one of many personal experiences our team had. Once we set up all the cameras we turned of all the power and there was a white light in the kitchen everyone thought this was a faulty camera, so when David went to check the light went away. We still are not sure what caused this light.

When we started the investigation we set up 2 teams of 3. The first team was George Cowan (me), David Brown and David Byrne. The second team was James Byrne, Michele Brown and Donald Williams.

My team entered the building first and almost instantly realised a camara had fell over, so we picked it up and placed it a bit better.

Nothing happened until around 11. 30 PM when the second team entered. They heard someone in the boys' room. Knowing nobody should be in the house, they rushed to see what was happening. When they got to the door it was locked from the inside. They then asked if there was a key. We found out the lock hasn't worked for awhile. After a minute or so the door unlocked to the point it was heard on a EVP recorder in the kitchen 3 rooms away.

At 2 AM my team re-entered the building trying to disprove the door locking. We soon realised the door naturally wants to open up as it is on a spring so the son can get out of bed when needed. This made it hard to even shut the door let alone lock it.

As we got ready to pack up we heard a bang in the attic so we went up to investigate. We soon realised this would be weird for everyone involved as we physically saw something charge at us, yet there was nothing on EVP or on Thermal to prove this had to go down as a personal experience shared between 5 of us.

After we left the attic there was a feeling of unease throughout the house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Goggzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-02-09)
The 5 year old boy in this close to 9 now is still happy nothing scary has happened since. The family do hear weird knocks every so often and have had some weird experiences. I hope it's not paranormal but just a little update.
Goggzy (2 stories) (62 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-29)
This building has now been knocked down after the family moved away. They managed to move without selling when myself and a few team members gave them the 75, 000 needed to buy where they wanted to since the move nothing has happened so for us.

CASE CLOSED
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-03)
Two weeks down and still nothing happened we also found some more history involving the land the house now stands where a man was hanged after killing someone.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-29)
After one week nothing has happened hopefully this might be the start of a peaceful life.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-25)
Goggzy- can I just say, thank you so much for researching the property! I have worked in history for so long, research is my knee-jerk reaction to explain any happening - so often I read a fascinating story of paranormal experiences but my inner nerd is left left aching for the location's back story and what insights that might lend. Well done and thank you again!:-)
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Ladydrake

No it was slightly open. One of our team members remember closing it for some reason. We are still not 100% sure as no camara caught who closed it but that it did shut.
ladydarke (113 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Goggzy,

Did the camera catch the bed or chair moving?

You said you struggled to shut the door. Does that mean it was already closed before it was locked?
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Ladydrake

The recording is 15 minutes long from start of sound to the end.

They were going back to investigate the room. They were just making sure no one had entered with a key. They wanted to make sure it was unexplained.

Everyone walked the same as we don't allow any rushing no matter the situation. We did think of this and couldn't recreate it. We struggled to just shut the door let alone get it to lock. There was three people both times.

The sound were of a chair moving and the bed rolling. This was all caught on the recorder 3 rooms away.

And finnaly we did have a camara in the boys room.
ladydarke (113 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
Goggzy,

That is very cool of your team to share evidence.

I guess the full sound clip would include the noises in the little boy's room, followed by an equally loud sound of the door locking, followed by running to the door and discovering/discussing that it had been locked from within, then walking away asking for a key, then someone coming back... And then after all this has happened, the door unlocks? What was the time interval?

You say the footsteps are going back toward the door in this audio. Do you know why? Was someone just going to go jiggle the knob again, or had the key been found? What I'm wondering is whether someone was about to unlock it anyway when it unlocked itself?

If it unlocked even though nobody had a key in their hand, was there something different about how the room was approached this time versus immediately after the sound was heard? It sounds like only one set of footsteps approaching in the recording. So for instance, did the door lock against a rush of several people towards the room? And unlock given the quiet approach of only one person? If so, was the one person approaching male or female? Are they generally a sort of laid-back, approachable or even perhaps paternal/maternal sort of person? Generally non-threatening, is what I'm getting at.

I recall a mention of your group being comprised of young guys including two or three police officers. Am I remembering correctly? I think I might lock the door too if faced with three hard dudes approaching police-style and about to burst in!

I notice that even in your account above, you hadn't specified what the sounds from the boy's room were. Can you describe them? Were they caught on tape as well?

I re-read your account and noticed that although you mentioned there are 12 cameras, you didn't specify where you had placed them aside from two in the attic and at least one in the kitchen that may/may not have accounted for the white flash. Was there one in the boy's room, which was a predictable hot-spot since he was the one being bothered? I can't imagine that there wouldn't have been. What did it capture from the inside the room while it was locked? I imagine lots of nothing or you'd have reported it, but did it at least record the sound of the lock - if it even had audio? Had the door to the room already been shut before it locked, or did your group find it mysteriously closed? If so, did the camera catch that?

Is there a reason the team decided to okay the upload of only a fragment of the recording from this scene? The isolated sound of a lock opening would be much more compelling put in context from the beginning of the whole scene when the sound first occurred.

Thank you for sharing the recording, Goggzy, and please pass on to your group I appreciate they decided to release evidence. Could you ask if they would please consider uploading the whole segment from the sound in the room to the unlocking? I would like to hear it, don't care if it's long.

Cheers
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-24)
The team have decided to allow evidence to be uploaded so I have uploaded the door unlocking to soundcloud.

What you can hear is people walking towards the door after asking for the key then it unlocking. The sound is from a recorder three rooms away.

https://soundcloud.com/george-cowan-613053173/hou-ky8-19-03-2016-811113231pm
Goggzy (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Ladydrake

Yeah I definitely do I didn't even realise I forgot until today.
Part of our group rules is to remember how every technique and equipment is used and how to set it up.
ladydarke (113 posts)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Goggzy,

Good way to handle the vocal banishing thing. We're saying the same thing there. If you gave the clients some Latin script without translating it for them thensaid, "Hey, read this, it'll get rid of your spirits, natch," the banishing probably wouldn't go nearly so well as the family understanding *why* they are doing and saying what they are. And that of course is the way you are doing it, with the clients' full understanding.

That's what I meant about the salt burning. The family needs to understand *why* it works. If you just give them some motions to go through - pour salt, light match - it's like the Latin script above. So if you've got a guy who is explaining all that to them, then yay! Points to your group.

You might want to ask David Byrne for a refresher though so you can explain it on the internets and all. Makes you look way more boss when you can fill in all the details of the procedure you're explaining. ¯_ (ツ) _/¯
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Ladydrake

It is usually David Byrne (group founder) who explains it as this is his technique.
It is like I explain how having the courage to sit down as a family and telling the spirit you are not welcome here can remove whatever entities there is, what causes this is still unknown but it is believed because there is no fear to feed on they leave.
ladydarke (113 posts)
+5
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Goggzy,

I get the impression that your approach is scientific and you don't have a lot of personal practice in doing magic-related stuff. I was surprised that you no longer remember why you do the salt ritual, which then means you can't explain to your clients why they're doing it.

In spell work, intent is the most important ingredient. In my experience, ritual and ritual items are irrelevant: all you need is intent. However, the ritual things are effective for some people as a focus in order to aim and strengthen intent - rather like using a magnifying glass to intensify sunlight into heat.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFtD8_ejqsM <-- video about a dude heating his pool with a magnifying glass, all the apparatus of which can be metaphorically seen as the scientific equivalent of using magical ritual.

So if somebody came and set up this magnifying glass for you to heat your pool, and you knew nothing about it or how and why it functioned, would your pool be warm? Yes. At least until there was an equipment failure or even the requisition of standard maintenance and you had no idea what was going on just that your pool felt kind of chilly.

If somebody comes along and gives you a burning salt ritual to protect your home, and you knew nothing about it or how and why it functioned, would your house be protected? Your experience seems to indicate yes, at least most of the time. However...

When the family tells the entity to leave, the purpose behind it is pretty obvious. They understand what's happening and do so with the full power of intent. This is the effective part. Burning the salt... It's just this apparatus that you set up for them to heat their pool, and you as the installer read the manual so long ago you've forgotten how it works yourself. Nobody can tell whether its working or if it's broken or anything such. Now, if you can teach them why they're doing the salt ritual, in order for them to visualize - huge part of manifesting intent - exactly what's happening, this ritual would be totes more effective.

Disclaimer: all above opinions are based on the personal understanding and experience of myself, an internet stranger with unverified qualifications, and so should be regarded only in that light.

Just wanted to give you food for thought.

Cheers
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Ladydrake

That does sound correct I was giving a speech about why they do it 8 years ago and I have forgot most of it.
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Rook

I enjoy seeing other techniques as I would like to experiment a little bit more. I actually have a couple of techniques wrote down from this website (not tried them yet and I am sure one us actually yours)
ladydarke (113 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
A theory about why burning salt works... In many traditions, offerings are burnt in order to transition that object to the spiritual or ethereal world. Chinese ancestor worship has paper effigies of everything from money to houses to servants burnt, which is then believed to translate into items for deceased relatives to use. In some religions, offerings are burnt in order to be given to gods.

So it may be that burning salt is a way to embue the essence of the salt into the astral or whatever other realm such entities might inhabit, idk. Thus instead of a physical salt barrier, you get an etheric atmosphere? Sort of like disseminating salt into an aquarium, which then makes it an environment compatible with marine creatures but toxic to fresh water ones. Thus any entity that might have been kept out by a physical salt barrier counts as a "fresh water" critter and can't thrive there?

I haven't tried this myself. This is just my thoughts about magical theory.

Cheers.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Thanks for the back and forth. Its always neat to hear about others techniques and why they use them.

Respectfully,

Rook
Goggzy (guest)
+3
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Rook

We have many clients who have had there experiences cease after using our technique. In my own opinion giving them the strength to tell the spirit they don't want it there, can stop the fear that the spirit feeds on causing it to leave.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Goggzy,

Fair enough.

May I ask why you think it works? Barriers, Shields can be made in many ways, I am curious as to why different methods MAY either 'work' or 'not work' as the case may be. Thanks for taking the time...

Respectfully,

Rook
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Rook

We burn salt instead of building a barrier.

We have tried barriers and blessings before but it wasn't a high success rate.

Since we usually do this when kids are involved we don't really experiment much. The burning of salt has been used since day one of the group. The control technique was something I started doing and in almost 80 case this has only failed twice.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Goggzy,

Is the burning of the salt based on the 'fact' that 'fire purifies'? If so please consider that fire is also has a destructive side. So there is is a very fine line involved here.

Having said that it is MY OPINION that burning the 'salt shield' 'destroys' the salt and therefore removes the barrier or shield it was laid down to create. Do not get me wrong, fire can be used in cleansing and purifying rituals, and if one chooses they can visualize their personal shield as being comprised of fire... Or light... Or a brick wall, it all depends on the individual. But actually burning the physical material put in place to create a barrier/shield physically removes that material, either by changing its composition or completely turning it to ash, allowing it to be blown around in the air. Again, that is just MY PERSONAL OPINION and I am actually curious as to why you would 'burn' the salt that was used as part of creating a shield or barrier.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Rook
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Mack

In most blessings people put a line of salt around there property. For some reason this tends to keep spirits away. We furthered this by burning as it is cheaper than always laying salt.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-22)
Hi Groggzy
How does the burning of salt every 6 months make a spirit leave a location?
What kind of salt do you use? I haven't heard of that method before.
Regards
Mack
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
Zeromaru

You would be surprised to find out how easy it is debunk most things once you get a little experience around you.
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
Goggzy
I see...
Thank you for answering!
It is hard to consider the case to be a real haunt or a debunk

Thanks again!
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
Zeromaru

It's the same style Michele uses she been a investigator for almost 30 years and on this case her son David came along and was on my team.

I love Michele style of investigating just not very scientific we have her go around and if she picks up anything we hit there hard.

It's the same with psychics we have a former investigator who I would like to use, but it could make it harder to investigate as you assume it is this spirit when it may not be.
Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
Goggzy
Currently Japan, at Hokkaido, Sapporo.
Well, I always want to test out "old equipments" like chained crystals, compass, etc. I still have no clue how people will consider if the place is "active" or not.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
Mack

Of course I can. We tell people who don't want spirits to sit down and tell them they are not welcomed in this house that it doesn't belong to them. After this we fet them to burn salt throughout there house every six months to keep anything from returning.
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-21)
Found out some stuff about the house it started as a 3 floor property and in 1963 the owner sold his house because his son fell down stairs. The new then decided to remove the third floor and turn the second into a chicken coop. This supposedly is the reason why there is three entrances to the attic, this is disputed in the records for the house, and only appears in blueprints after being sold for the third time in 1981. Sell dates are 1963,1970,1981,1987,1994 and finally 2009.

There was also a murder 800 yards from the property in a building that no longer stands. This murder was of a woman named Josephine Lewis she was a Welsh woman and died in 1975.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: