You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Union Missouri

Real Ghost Stories

Union Missouri

 

It is my first time writing here, but after reading some of your stories I decided to share mine. I was stationed in Missouri and had become friends with, let's just call her J. J was very into paranormal investigating and her enthusiasm was overwhelming that it attracted me to it as well.

She told me about a show called A Haunting. I watched it weekly without fail. On one episode it was from Union, Missouri and it was about the Fear House. Something about that story had made me want to go there and see the house.

J and I had previously been to a paranormal conference where we had met the person who lived in the house, call him S. We contacted S and met him in Union. He was a little apprehensive about going back to the house but agreed to drive by and point it out to us. It was late in the evening and I sat in the backseat as we drove by the house he pointed at it and just as we were passing by a black mass shot out the front door and it stopped in the middle of the street as we drove off. I gasped as it happened and S asked if something came out the front door? He said "it" knew he was near and it wasn't the first time something like that happened. As we drove by we also noticed that the current tenants had tables set up in the yard like they were planning to have a yard sale the next morning.

The next morning J and I went back to the house just to check it out during the day. As we walked into the yard I felt strong pressure pushing down on my head. The neighborhood was completely quiet, no one else was out except the two of us and the tenants. The husband was sitting by the table and his wife was sitting near him. My first impression of him was that he was not a good person and his wife looked defeated. They had 2 small girls in the yard too and they looked like zombies walking in the yard. My friend had tucked a voice recorder in her pants pocket, in the front, and recorded our conversation with the tenants.

After about 5 minutes we left and went to listen to our voice recorder. In the recording you can hear our conversation with the husband, but what caught our attention was the sound of children playing and laughing in the background. We had walked to neighborhood before going to the house and noted that there was no one else out. Then a voice came out, of a small boy talking over our conversation asking if we knew what we were doing there. That sent chills down our spines since there was no one close enough to J to talk over us.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Bubblebuttbetty, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bubblebuttbetty (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-05-02)
The day when we walked up to the house we walked on the sidewalk but once we crossed over into the yard I had a VERY strong pressure on my head. Once we left the pressure was gone. When we went to listen to the recording we were actually in the cemetery by Mrs. Crowe's headstone. It is an experience that I will not soon forget.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-30)
RedWolf- So you actually went to the house?

Tell me more, tell me more!
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-29)
Bubblbuttbetty

Welcome to Y.G.S.by the way, love the name. I have to read up on this house because I've never heard of it.

Once I pulled over to admire a house. It was beautiful BUT after about 2 minutes later I just got such a pure evil feeling coming from the house that I got out of there. FAST

Red
roylynx (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Bubblebuttbetty, senohra this story gave me chills. Is this the same well-known Screaming House? It could be Mr. Crowe's wife Minerva that you have heard.
The original property owner John Crowe and his wife temp to haunt the area occasionally. By-the-way there are lots horrific stories there, it is better not to get close to such place.

Blessings from São Paulo
E.Lynx
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-26)
Oh Wow BBB- I just watched that show last night! That's crazy. I had my DVD set up to record that series. I had 17 to choose from and I choose that one. Weird,...

That house has some serious issues. The thing is it never went into the history of the house. Especially the "butcher shower" in the basement. Was hoping that it would have an answer to the paranormal activity. The landlady wasn't much help. Geeezzz.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: