You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Black Shadow&red Eyes

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Shadow&red Eyes

 

I have been reading stories in the site for a few days now and I wanted to share my experience. Well, for many years, I think since my early teens, I have had what I think is called sleep paralysis. Sometimes while asleep I feel like I can't move or think that I have gotten up only to see myself in bed, this would happen for a several times until I would finally get up, other times I would feel like somebody is pulling me up by my legs, I would fight it and it stops, I had this exact experience four days ago, on Thursday. It is frightening but somehow I got used to it, I just fight it, say some prayers and it stops, though I feel literally drained afterwards but I continue sleeping. However, about a year ago, I had a really frightening experience. I was sleeping alone in my bedroom, somewhere at around 3 am I think, I know this because I watched the time after I got up, I started having a weird dream of an old man, whom I don't know,dying, then the dream shifted somewhere else, I don't know where because I can't remember dreams but the thing is I knew I was dreaming and I started being afraid of having a sleep paralysis which eventually happened. I couldn't move and as I was struggling to move I turned to my left and there next to the bed I saw a shadow with a cowboy hat and shining red eyes staring at me. I don't really know how but I gathered strength to lift my arm angrily as if to throw something at him, I don't know what or if I threw anything at him because I am not sure if I was awake or dreaming, but the moment I lifted my arm, the man disappeared. After that I just got up took my pillow and went to sleep at my mom's bed and I haven't slept alone since. I must say that prior to this I woke up two other times and saw a black shadow kneeling near my bed but I thought it was my mind playing tricks on me.

So fellow YGS members, what do you think? Please feel free to give your suggestions and please pardon my English since it's my third language!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Azraa, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Toby (2 stories) (14 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-11)
There are other people that have seen this man. Look up Monsters and Mysteries in America: Shadow People to see their experiances.
Azraa (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-03-12)
Kiki and Randym, thank you for the replies and thank YGS for the site! It is nice to discuss SP with people who suffer from it.
Kiki I cannot tell if the ghosts you saw were helpful but regardless I wish you never see them again
Randym, I have had SP for years and I have gotten used to it. It is still scary but not as in the beginning. This episode I posted happened just once and it has always puzzled me if it was part of SP or smth else, that is why I posted it here to see if other people have experienced smth similar! Nonetheless, I would be most happy if it was not paranormal
Best regards
Azra
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
Azraa

Welcome to YGS and thank you for sharing.

My first guess would be Sleep Paralysis

I have had it a long time myself and know first hand how real and scary it can be. The first time it happened I thought I was dying and was horrified seeing dark cloaked figures. I thought they were
Coming to take me away. (NOT a good sign)

Most times when it occurs I sense someone in the room but not always. I have learned that fighting it only makes it worse.
For me I now relax and start by trying to move 1 finger at a time
And work my way out. By the time I get a whole hand moving it seems to break its hold. I have since learned that it is a chemical your brain secretes to keep you from moving around during REM sleep. Same thing a surgeon gives to keep you from moving around while having an operation. During SP, your conscious mind wakes up before the chemical wears off. Of course its suppose to work the other way around but sometimes a quirk happens and there we are in SP.

One thing you may know or should know if you have SP is that a common symptom of an episode of SP is that a person almost always feels there is one or more entities in the room. Being that our minds are so powerful with the information it provides us it is very very convincing. I know it's hard to tell yourself something different than what your brain tells you is true.

Please keep in mind that I'm not saying what you experienced wasn't paranormal but please be very very cautious of what you think is true during an episode of SP. Or anytime your in a sleep state. Look how powerful and convincing dreams can seem.
Our brains can really do some weird things while we sleep or are in those relaxed states of twilight.

Knowing what it's like, I'm sorry you suffer from SP but I suppose there are a lot worse things we could suffer from. Might I suggest next time try not to panic, breather slow, and count from 10 backwards all while trying moving 1 finger at a time. Slowly it will break and you will come back to normal. A lot of times it can be brought on by stress and bad unhealthy habits. Try and take care of yourself and go to bed in a calm and peaceful way.
Maybe that will help. I certainly hope so.

Please keep us informed should it get worse or better

Good Luck
Randy
KikiGirl (8 stories) (207 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-10)
Azraa, thank-you for sharing your experience. I hope this is something that becomes easier for you or eventually, ends altogether!

Regards, seeing things while having SP, I just commented on another thread saying, I have seen and experienced the exact same as you during SP. I did not see a cowboy, but, I saw two figures "ghost-like", as well as a shadow. I could not figure out if the two "ghosts" were part of the reasons or 'helping' the shadow to get me or if they were completely separate on their own? Or if they were actually maybe, trying to help me in some way.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: