You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Mothers Final Visit?

Real Ghost Stories

Mothers Final Visit?

 

I recently lost my Mom, who passed away last October 15, 2016. We were very close in life, so I was not totally shocked or surprised by her visit after her physical death.

In April, 2017, while watching television, a sudden bright, amber flash, similar at first to a huge strike of a match, appeared to my left, which eventually morphed into a figure, then unmistakably, my Moms face. I watched in amazement as the light dissipated and then, I realized my Moms spirit disappeared and now I noticed an outline under my bedding blankets and suddenly her voice saying, "I'm cold", which in life she expressed regularly. I proceeded to get another blanket and covered her. She didn't say anything else, but she didn't need to since I talked non stop while noticing the blankets moving up and down to the sound of her breathing! This scenario actually lasted throughout the night into the next morning.

There is much more that occurred after I returned from the store, yes, I did need to go out and when I returned, while seated to remove my shoes, in the my mirrors reflection, I now saw my Mom again with my two late sisters, that both had passed over 10 years ago. What a night and experience and after our encounter, I must say, I felt wonderful for their visit! I hope they return again. I still wonder though, what the " breathing" is all about?

This is my story and I'm told I'm under the minimum of 1500 characters! I'm supposed to "develop" my story more to reach the "minimum" but I wrote what occurred and unless a fictional tale is what is required, it will not come from me! It seems that perhaps a professional writer, what I thought is not, is required. I think I'll stick with my ghosts! Buzz

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, buzz073042, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

buzzg (1 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-01)
Thanks to all of you for your positive and most sincere feedback. I very much appreciate your evaluations of my actual experience. I will also add that during the visit, I now recall sensing my Moms feelings, her love and also, somehow, she emitted an essence, very familiar to me. Anyway, thank you again to you all! P.S. Jetson, I happen to live very near to the house you mention, so, I'll keep an eye out for an old Caddy, driven by your Dad! 😁
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-19)
I think Rook is onto something about a spirit visualising it's energy toward a loved one... It may work in theory a little like the way the experiment does with intangible particles... They can still communicate with each other at a distance near or far. Your mother still feels your love and energy from where she is now and through the power of mind she may be projecting her presence near your side to let you know she's still there... Her breathing is a part of the illusion and with in the greater illusion of materialism... We don't really need our vocal chords or other psychical applications to communicate with each other we only think we do, all be it... It's a little harder from the other side to all ways come through the way they want it to. You took your account as a positive one, others may have been frightened to death by it.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-07-15)
Greetings, Buzz, and welcome to YGS.

Accounts of conversations --or interactions-- with spirits suggest that they employ a wide variety of methods to communicate with the living. When it is a matter of communicating linguistically, some make audible comments, as your mother did, while others seem to have a form of telepathy. I have no idea if this difference is illustrative of a progression in post-mortem communication, or random chance. However, for living people to speak, we use our vocal cords to change the air flow as our breath passes between them. For you to hear your mother's voice *aloud,* she would need to generate sound waves in the same manner she had used while alive.

It may be that she was breathing out of habit. The autonomic nervous system doesn't occupy our conscious attention until there's a serious problem.

Thanks for giving us an interesting point to ponder.

Best,
Biblio.
Jetson (2 stories) (67 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-11)
Hello Buzz... I found your experience so touching and wanted to thank you for sharing it with us. As for the 'why as to this happens'... I really do not have a clue. Several years ago my father actually appeared to me and so I have an affinity for your experience. Briefly he used to live at 3 East 94th Street in a grand mansion situated on a tree-lined block off Fifth Avenue across from Central Park. When I sold his place I walked back one evening to tidy up the remaining boxes which were left by the cleaners and so that everything would be tidy before the new owners took possession. As I walked I crossed the street to see an old cadillac approaching and so as I was interested in cars and in particular cadillacs as my father drove a variety of them during his lifetime I was particularly interested to see who was behind the wheel of this '72 sedan deville. To my amazement it was my father but after waiting at the corner for the car and him to drive by the car never appeared. I figure there must be car dealerships in heaven.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2017-07-11)
Enjoyed your experience, thank you for sharing.

You asked this...

"I still wonder though, what the " breathing" is all about?"

WHAT FOLLOWS IS MY OPINION AND IT DOES NOT REFLECT THOSE OF THE MANAGMENT NOR OTHER MEMBERS OF THIS SITE 😲

I believe spirits are comprised of intelligent energy, so having stated that let me go on to say that from your description it sounds as if your Mother has crossed the veil and is no longer 'earth bound'. She returned from the 'spirit world' to pay you a visit and to do so her 'spirit' visualized itself as she was in life... Including the 'being cold' and 'breathing'. You mentioned you also saw your two departed sisters with Mom in a mirror... Family found Family across the veil and possibly that is what they wanted you to know, that the three of them are together.

If this happens again please keep note... Does your Mother still 'manifest' breathing? Or is her image more solid (not just a face and a shape under the covers on the bed)? It would be interesting to know if there is a correlation between how strong an image a spirit may 'project' and which 'details' are being presented.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: