You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Dream Of Dog The Night She Passed

Real Ghost Stories

Dream Of Dog The Night She Passed

 

I'll start toward the beginning. It was 2014 and we lived with our 2 dogs at the time, an 8 year old Bichon Frise and a 6/7? Year old Mini Poodle mix. The Bichon was experiencing health problems very prone to the breed and we knew it was her time to go. It was a very difficult time for the whole family. She was the most intelligent and well behaved dog that I ever knew to this day, we raised her from a small puppy to an older dog. After this I remember an instance where I saw her laying on a quilt my grandmother made. It was little things at first, seeing her out of the corner of my eye and such. I have continued to be prone to spirit contact and will likely share more stories later. The sightings dwindled down through the years and I had stopped 'hearing from her' almost completely.

Fast forward to about late 2016, I was living in another state. My grandmother was with our Poodle mix still living where we had before. One night when I hadn't even thought of either of the dogs I had a strange dream. It was outside of my current home, I walked inside and saw the Bichon running toward me... She had stopped and looked behind her, only for the Poodle mix to follow. They both ran to me and I was hugging and petting them as they both licked me and looked extremely happy. The next morning I wasn't sure what to think of it. A few hours later I saw my mother on the phone and she told me the Poodle was having seizures and had to be put down the night before. So she passed the same night I had the dream.

I have always believed in spirits and visiting from wherever we go when we pass. I have told my grandmother and she continues to hear the poodle bark by her bed to be let up, just like she did when she was alive. She also will feel them at night both next to her. I actually saw the Poodle 2 days ago, and the Bichon yesterday. I now have 2 cats, a Chartreux and Maine Coon. I had seen the Bichon laying in a recliner, I looked over to my Maine Coon who was across the room to see if she could see her. She was staring in the spot on the recliner and moved her head as if she watched her jump off it and leave, following her figure through the room when I couldn't see her. Has anyone had similar experiences? Or caught something interesting in the story? Thanks for reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Wisconsin

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, nicole4186, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

barkerwithamarker (1 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-18)
Nicole,

The fact that its very sad to hear this I do know from a entity lover, its common, for me, to see these things. If you look at my account read my story this will explain some of this. I am sorry for your loss by the way

barker
ajonverge (6 stories) (84 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-14)
I can imagine what loosing a pet feels like. I had a couple of snow white bunnies as pets and it was horrible to have lost them. I still see glimpses of them sometimes in my dreams with their beautiful glowing white fur and round red eyes munching on their favorite snack. Almost Angelic. I'm sorry for your loss.
RANDYM (2 stories) (266 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-14)
Nicole,

Sorry that you have had to go through the pain of losing a pet.
It can be hurt like no other. My wife dreamed of our dog two days
After she passed. What makes this unusual is she never remember her
Dreams. Ever. Go read my story called "Doodle Says Goodbye" and
It will be explained in further detail

Thank you for sharing.
Randy

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: