You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Possible Ghost Of My Cat Widget That Passed Away

Real Ghost Stories

Possible Ghost Of My Cat Widget That Passed Away

 

Hey guys, I feel the need to share this story so I'll give you details about Widget before I start. She was a really old cat that my mother got around a year before she found out she pregnant with me. She was a all black cat that we sadly had to put down at age 20 around a year ago (my sister and I were sobbing in tears since we knew her our entire lives). I do have two other cats Clyde and Isabelle.

This started on October 3, 2020, my sister came to me at around 11:00pm and said that the cat toy bin was kind of shaking in a way but Clyde and Isabell weren't even by the bin. So I told my sister to go to sleep and forget about it. The next day I noticed some of the cat toys (they were those toy mice) have been moved from the bin, but the only one who plays with them is Isabell and Eliza claims that she was sleeping with her all night long because she always has her door closed at night. We decided to tell our mom about it, so we ran to her room and explained everything even what happened the night before. Our mom told us that Clyde could have possibly moved the toys but we know for a fact Clyde doesn't play with those mice toys he likes the balls with the bells inside.

This is a reoccurring thing that has been happening from the start but I have never seen the bin move before so it was possibly Eliza's imagination. I've also seen that Isabelle is afraid of the steps and is scared to go down them. This is strange because when Widget was still around she never liked Isabelle, always was at the bottom of the steps (She had a spot at the landing were she would lay) and never liked it when Isabelle was going down them. Never really liked Isabelle at all, I feel like Widget felt replaced by Isabelle. So Isabelle not going down the steps makes me feel like Widget is down there, just waiting for Isabelle to come down.

Eliza has also been realizing that the door to the bathroom next to the master bedroom has seen to be opening a little, not really moving cause we always have that door slightly open when some one is not in there. I've seen it do that a couple times too. My dad said he's also seen the door do that a couple times when he's heading to his bedroom (aka the master bedroom). My mom has only noticed Isabelle not going down the steps anymore.

Ok so that's really all I have noticed about, if I have more I will make a part two of this. And like I said I do have a sister named Eliza, (her full name is Elizabeth) and we are 3years apart. If you have any questions or thoughts please write them in the comments I will read and participate in the discussion. Bye!

Other hauntings by Lilcat21310

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lilcat21310, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lilcat21310 (2 stories) (12 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
Macknorton,
Matilda sounds like Isabelle😂😂.

I'd like to say I'm 95% sure that these experiences are from my cat Widget, are house is over 30 years old and as far as I'm concerned no one that has ever lived in my house passed away.
If I do have any more info I will do I part two like a said😐.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-08)
Hi Lilcat21310

Incidents involving spirits of animals have always fascinated me, it's good to know that perhaps Widget is still around your'll doing what she would have done when she was alive.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-06-07)
Cats. Polarizing little so-and-so's aren't they? People either love 'em or hate 'em.😾

I have a cat called Matilda. I've never known anything so fickle. One minute she's purring against my leg (her food bowl's full, so WTF? I'm instantly suspicious and on edge) next minute she's sprinting away from me, terrified, as if I'm a stranger in the house. One minute she's lying down letting me scratch her belly, purring away, then suddenly all four claws and her teeth are embedded deep in my hand.

For weeks on end she will sit, early morning, outside my eldest sons' room, meowing pitifully to be let in, which I do, then a couple of weeks later it be my other sons' door. A few weeks later it will be my daughters' room and around and around it goes, so on and so forth. What the actual hell?

Anyway, enough cat-chat. Thanks for sharing, for me it's really hard to say if those occurrences are the spirit of your deceased cat, or another human spirit in your house messing with your stuff or just weird unexplainable coincidences that having nothing to do with ghosts at all.

But give me a dog any day! 😊

Regards

Mack

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: