You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: The Visits of Den Den

Real Ghost Stories

The Visits of Den Den

 

Me and my wife Judy are living in a house we are buying. We have been here for about 4 years. We have 6 grand kids. The one that I'm telling about is Chloe. One day while her and her brother were staying with us I heard Chloe in the play room talking with someone. Her brother was out riding her bike and her grandma was at work. I asked who she was talking to. She told me Den Den. Now I just dismissed this as her imaginary friend or something. You know how 4 year olds are. Well I told her OK and went back to what I was doing.

Later that night her and her brother were going to bed, they kissed me and their grandma goodnight and walked to their room to go to bed. I heard Chloe tell Den Den good night. I just laughed and told her grandma what happened earlier.

Well about an hour later grandma went to bed. I stayed up watching T.V. About an hour later I heard footsteps coming down the hall and the bathroom door close. I thought grandma had got up and went in there. I waited for her to come in the living room. Twenty minutes passed and she never came out, so I went to look. The bathroom door was still closed and my wife was sound asleep in bed. Where my chair sits in the living room I can't see down the hall. But I know the sound of someone walking down the hall.

On another occasion my wife was taking a nap on the bed. I again was in my chair in the living room. I heard a loud click from down the hall and her the fan next to the bed quit running. My wife woke when the fan stopped and yelled for me. I thought the breaker had blown. I checked the breaker box which is in the bedroom. Noting was tripped. As I was walking out of the bedroom I noticed the switch on the wall that controls all the outlets on the wall the fan was on was turned off. Now this switch is rather stiff and can't be flipped easily, besides me and my wife were the only ones home.

The switch has been turned off on one other occasion. But it seems these thing happen after Chloe has been here. I haven't heard her talking to Den Den in a while but she told her daddy about him.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rotoman_63, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sweetie (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-18)
Does your home have a certain history to it that you know of? Maybe this ' Den Den ' is someone that used to reside there, or something like that.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-16)
This maybe nothing, don't know, but we learned about a shopping town called Den Den District in Tokyo I think it was. She sounds like she just has a friend in him.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-15)
Hi rotoman. You mention you haven't heard her talking to Den Den lately but you could try engaging your her in a little discussion the next time she speaks of him. Ask her to tell you about him and feel the situation out a bit. I wonder if Den Den stays at your house or if he visits her at home too? Do her parents know anything about Den Den? See what they have to say on the subject. If you are worried or things escalate just ask the spirit to please leave. If you do ask him to go, maybe you should tell him that he needs to leave your Grand daughter alone as well. Tell him you want him to go in peace, his loved ones are waiting for him and he'll be safe. He may be having fun with Chloe and doesn't realize he needs to pass on. I enjoyed your story, keep us posted!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hi rotoman_63. I think that your granddaughter is very perceptive, as most children are. They are not tainted by the world/society. They are more open-minded. How long have you been in this home? Has anything ever happened before in your home? It sounds harmless but I would be more observant of her and maybe your other grandchildren as well. They may be seeing, hearing or feeling things also, or soon will be. That's just a possibility. I think being able to see beings from another realm is a gift, or at some points a curse for some, but I believe it is genetic. It doesn't mean that everyone in the family will have it. Thanks for sharing your story. ~Shelby ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Children are often far more perceptive then adults when sensing paranormal 'visitors'.

From your descritptions, it does not sound as if there is any harm meant to anyone there, but I am so glad you did not 'poo poo' Chloe away with her expalnations of talking to Den Den.

The next time Chloe mentions Den Den, you may ask her a question or two, nothing to upset her or add any fear for her, but it may give you another clue as to who is visiting or staying with your family aside from your grand children.

I would also suggest checking on some history for the house, you may be able to learn a lot from the history. Often the neighbors can be of assistance with this portion.

Please keep us posted and thank you for sharing your story!

God Bless!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hello Rotoman.
The name Den Den sounds like a pet name name given to a child. He/she sounds harmless but when Den Den is present with Chloe I would be a little more observant, just to be on the safe side. Kids will be kids no matter which side they are on. I would talk to him just like he were real and tell him that when he is in your house he will have to behave and do what he`s told or else he`ll have to go back home.

FRAWIN ❤
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hello Rotoman,
First, may I commend you on how you dealt with your granddaughters telling you about Den Den. Often times we jump straight into the "Oh, that is just your imagination, and knock it off" phase of mind and tend to forget that in their minds something is there, even if we can not see it.
Children are wonderful seers. Sometimes almost too good 😊 I do not know if they unconsciously seek out "imaginary friends" (Which, we now know that they are not imaginary, don't we?) or if their guests actively seek them out.
Den Den may stay at you house looking for Chloe. It sounds like he is just a playmate and nothing to really worry about, but what is important is your comfort in your own home. If he makes you uncomfortable, but you would like him to stick around for her, you could probably just talk to him and explain that Chloe is not there right now, and that he could try back later. Or, if that is not for you, you could simply ask him to leave.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Kat (2 stories) (30 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-14)
Hi Rotoman, Thanks for sharing.
How strange, your granddaughter even knows his name, like he introduced himself.
I don't think he seems harmful, probably wants you to know hes there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: