You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Living A Haunted Life

Real Ghost Stories

Living A Haunted Life

 

It seems like there is never a time where I can legitimately say I have not experienced some type of paranormal experience.

I grew up in a small town in south Louisiana surrounded by the bayous. The house I grew up in was well known around town for an incident that happened years before my father bought the place. A religious cult had lived there before and a young girl that was a part of the cult gave birth to a stillborn child, instead of doing the normal routine of a funeral then burial, this cult instead decided that they would take the baby's body around door to door to people's houses in an ice chest and ask the people to help pray the baby back to life! Yes not joking, the old people around my town can tell you about it.

I never knew about it until I was a teenager and one of my friend's mom was bringing me back home one night from a party. She drove up and just looked over at me in awe and said, "Oh my, you actually live here?" I suddenly became VERY interested in as to why she would react that way so I questioned her. She told me the whole story, and instead of being terrified to go back into my home (yes I was scared in a way, but I was more appalled at what that cult had done) I suddenly came to understand why I had always felt the way I did there and why my family was experiencing the things we were.

My bedroom was at the end of a long hallway and I cannot remember a time that I did not run down that hallway to enter or leave my room. Never failed. I would get to the beginning of the hallway and suddenly feel a heaviness around me and I would get a knot in my stomach and start to breathe faster. Then I would run as fast as I could until I would get into the bedroom and then slam the door and suddenly calm down. It's like I felt something was staying in that hallway for some reason. I cannot explain it.

We would also hear children laughing at times and we even heard a baby crying. Yes!

My best friend was spending the night as usual and we were just coming to the second hallway that led to my room. My little brother's bedroom was also off of that hallway; his was at the very beginning of it and his bedroom door exited to the right. Well his bedroom door was open (I'd like to mention that he was not home at the time he was with his best friend fishing a few streets behind our house) and as soon as my best friend and I stepped into the hallway we heard a baby start crying and it was coming from my brother's room! Needless to say she and I hightailed it out of there and ran outside and stayed in the backyard until the sun went down and we were forced back into the house.

It seemed it would only target my brother and I. My mother would have some small experiences but I think she was so accustomed to it that it became the norm to her. My father on the other hand NEVER had anything happen to him. Could be because he was rarely home when I was growing up (he was an offshore oil rig electrician) So he'd be gone for half a month at a time. But it always seemed to like me the most.

There was one night that I woke up to a face above mine, literally about 6 inches above mine, it was not like a normal face though it was more so made of almost a mist like substance I could only make out the remnants of eyes, nose and mouth. I was of course frozen in place and just stared at it. Then it suddenly dissipated right in front of my eyes.

I would always hear knocking on my bedroom door, open it and find no one there, I would hear my name called all the time when no one in my home was calling me. I would feel hands on my arms or back. It became constant.

Then one day I met my best guy friend (who is a medium) he is 4 years older than I am, I was 14 at the time he was 18. We began to talk on the phone every day (it was never romantic between us it was a brother/ sister type relationship, in fact we are still very close to this day and my children call him Uncle) and that was one way I could escape from the suffocating feeling I felt in that home. He was the one who told me that everything I was going through was not in my head that it was all real. In fact my home was so haunted that he had a hard time walking into it at times. He said there were over 22 ghosts in and around my home! No joke! The house I grew up in was extremely old and so is the land there of course. Who knows what happened on it before our house was even built, all you have to do is pick up a history book (or Google it) to see how messed up it was in south Louisiana back centuries ago.

He also told me that the reason why I was experiencing it so much more than anyone else in my home was because I am an empath and sensitive to spirits as well, I can sense them, hear and see them at times. Made so much sense to me finally. I didn't like hearing that of course, but I had to accept it. My friend told me that he would prepare himself and try to help us. He came by the house and he performed a cleansing ritual. Well it seemed like it worked for a few weeks. Then it all started up again. He told me he was sorry but there were just too many of them for him to fully get rid of.

I ended up living in that house for another 4 years, my father finally decided to move us out of there when I graduated high school.

I remember the day I moved out of that house... It was the home I had been living in since I was 4. So of course I had an attachment to it. And oddly enough I felt an attachment to some of the spirits there, not all, just the ones who I felt comforted me at times. (I remember breaking up with my boyfriend one night and crying on my bed and suddenly feeling arms around me lightly) so I know not all of them were bad. I remember standing there in the empty living room, crying for them. I felt guilty for leaving them alone again. Will the next people who moved in acknowledge them like I did? I know I sound crazy for feeling that way but it was like leaving family...

Our new place was nice no spirits there at all and it felt nice not to have to run to my room everytime. So I lived a spirit free life for many years. I believe I had closed off that part of me that was sensitive to spirits after I left that house.

Fast forward 8 years later, I am living in beautiful Washington State, pregnant with my first child (a son) and I suddenly start feeling like I am being called back home. Of course I was missing my family down in Louisiana like crazy. But I was enjoying my new life in a new state with my fiance. But it was strong and I would cry at night and want to be in Louisiana. My fiance suddenly said you know what let's move down there. I was ecstatic and we flew back down here in October of 2006.

The next month on November 29 my world changed forever... My mother who was my rock, my world, everything to me... Suddenly died unexpectedly. I had spoken to her just hours before she had died according to the coroner's report. My stepfather (my parents ended up divorcing right after we moved out of the house) came home from work and found her lying in the bathroom. It took us months to get the autopsy report back and everything came back inconclusive, they chalked it up to a heart attack. My mother was extremely healthy and thin, no heart problems. So it was a big shock! I always wonder how I knew to come back home just in time. Was it my intuition? Was it something else? I'll never know. But I do know that after that everything changed.

I had a dream after her funeral about me looking into a mirror and pulling a giant nail out of my forehead where the third eye is and there was a gaping hole and suddenly an eye blinked back at me. Yes it was quite disturbing!

Since then, almost 12 years ago, I have had constant experiences no matter where I live. Every single house or apartment I have lived in since then something always happens. I have plenty more to share with you on those experiences but those I will save for separate stories. I just wanted to tell you about how I was first introduced to paranormal experiences. Hopefully all the stories I share can help someone else believe that they are not alone in their experiences. Thank you for taking the time to read about my early experiences. Blessings to all.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, muggleborn79, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-06)
I enjoyed reading your story and I hope you keep us posted on other storie! I am also sorry to hear about your mom passing away. I hope you have a nice day many blessings.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-09-02)
Louisiana is certainly a hot bed of activity. Freaky dream you had there 😳.

I was away from my childhood home state for many years. We moved back and within days 2 close family members died unexpectedly. I attribute it to more of a guiding hand of some sort. Or simply, everything happens for a reason.

Looking forward to more stories.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-30)
Hello, Muggle Born.

That was quite the disturbing dream. And also the events regarding the still-born baby.

I am interested in hearing more.
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-30)
Hi Muggle -

I really enjoyed reading about your experiences. I believe that your dream was some kind of sign or premonition about your life changing, maybe your third eye reopening. And, that feeling you had of being called back home right before your mother passed away is no coincidence.

I would really like to read more about your other experiences.

Take care.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-30)
Greetings Muggleborn,

Welcome to YGS. First, my condolences on the loss of your mother. I know and understand your pain as I lost my mother almost 17 years ago. I visited Louisiana once when I was about 15-16 years old on a road trip to Texas. I had the strongest deja vu experience I've ever had when we stopped in a small town (unfortunately I can't remember the name). I truly felt that I was 'home' and belonged there. A bit off topic, but your account brought the memory back.

I was wondering if you've done any research on the cult information you heard about? I'd be interested in reading about it. I know you mentioned that it's well known around town, but concrete evidence (an article, news clipping, etc) would help in understanding the background and history of your location/childhood home.

You are not alone as far as being sensitive to spirit and/or energy, I swear it's almost a requirement here. 😜 If you feel bothered by any activity you experience, I would recommend researching and reading information that would help you 'control' your sensitivity and understand it better. Also, a cleansing never hurts. There is a member here, Rook, that has an excellent one on his profile. Here's the link:

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

Scroll down to Rook's Cleansing and Shielding method.

Thank you for sharing. All the best ❤
Dee
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
6 years ago (2018-08-30)
Thank you for sharing your experience with YGS, I really enjoyed reading about your experience in Louisiana. I've actually recently been learning about some of the history from Louisiana, and was amazed over seeing how much it seems to have, especially when it comes to dealing with occult like stuff. Your childhood home makes me think that though what happened in your home was pretty crazy to fathom, I can't help but wonder if the spirits weren't really all that bad, as in they were caring for their loved ones they stayed with, as they saw to comfort you in your times of need. They just did things that to us, sounds crazy, but I don't know. There could be a lot more about them that I have no clue about, that you know more details of, so I could be way off in my opinion on those spirits. I'm sorry to hear about your mother, that's freaky to find nothing in her autopsy that should have caused her sudden death. I'm sure it leaves a lot of unanswered questions to you and your family. I really hope that you'll share some more of your experiences here, as I'd love to read more about Louisiana hauntings, if you have anymore to share from there 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: