You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Old Home

Real Ghost Stories

Old Home

 

At the home I was born in, as a child we lived with my grandparents. When my parents were married, my grandparents gifted them the house for their wedding and moved out. My mother grew up in the house and said that all her life she had an eerie feeling in the house. I have no idea when the house was built or anything about the owners before my family.

When my mother was still engaged to my father, she opened their bedroom door one night to go to the bathroom, and standing in the hall in front of the door was an image of herself as a young girl. The image reacted to her being there, turned and disappeared down the hall. My mother said that she recognized the dress as one she had worn around that age.

A few years later, my little brother is an infant. My mom and aunt were outside on the back deck, having a smoke and a drink together when my mom heard my brother crying from the baby monitor. She went to get up and my aunt told her that she would get him, she had to use the bathroom anyway. So she went inside and my mom listened, my brother went quiet and my aunt came back outside. She asked my mom if she had gone inside to take care of my brother anyway, to which she said she hadn't. My aunt told her that she had heard her walking down the hall mumbling about "the godd**n baby is crying again".

And, finally, this one spans over the whole time that I lived in that house after my grandparents had moved out. My grandmother was a frequent visitor, but every time she would leave the house, every smoke alarm would go off at the same exact time precisely five minutes after she closed the door behind herself. We tried everything we could from disconnecting them to taking out the batteries, but it always happened.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, emmymarien, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jaxxxanator (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-07-26)
Thankfully the house seems to be "friendly" overall with the happenings going on, though it is a bit concerning how an entity is responding to the baby. Perhaps cleanisng or getting the house blessed could ease the problem? My concern is that with time it will manifest physically in different ways and perhaps be harmful, particularly to the baby's energy as he grows up.
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-12)
That's a nice gift of a house. Maybe they knew it was active and saw an opportunity to get out? Yes, I admit that is very creepy seeing yourself as a child. Really gives me the chills. And the smoke alarms going off is a new one too. Never heard of that.
Bastet (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-07-12)
Seeing younger version of yourself - is quite unique and creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: