You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Paranormal Experiences With My House

Real Ghost Stories

My Paranormal Experiences With My House

 

My house is pretty new, and nobody has lived in it before our family has moved in, but for some reason we've been having really strange paranormal experiences. We have security cameras in our house, and lately we've been seeing stuff from them. One thing we've seen would be glowing orbs. We would see these glowing orbs constantly, almost every night. The orbs don't really do anything; they just kind of sit there.

Another thing that I've experienced would be voices, and footsteps. Every night at around 12:00 am, I would hear footsteps and voices leading to our (at the time, my sister and I shared a room) room. It would always be two voices, one male, and one female. We could hear the individual footsteps leading to our room. They would go to the kitchen first, then the living room, then the hallway to our room, then they would just stop right in front of our door. Once the footsteps stopped, our parents woke up to check around the house before setting our house alarm. They never heard anything. My sister and I experienced this every Friday at 12:00 am, and we always prepared ourselves. It stopped happening when I turned 10.

Another paranormal experience we've both experienced would be the knocks on my wall. So, my room shares a wall with my garage. My sister and I always heard noises from the garage, like stuff falling, simple stuff like that. Stuff that could be explained... But one evening, my sister and I were both sitting in my room, and we heard a knock on my wall. It was 3 clear knocks, as if somebody was knocking on a door. We left the room, and told our dad. I thought that my little sister did it, but she promised she didn't do it.

About a year later, (at around 8:30 pm) I was sitting on my bed in my room, and I heard another knock. It wasn't as clear as the last knock, but it still concerned me. I went to my sister and told her that I had heard the knock again. We entered my room, and my sister said, "Did you really hear a knock on your wall?" and right when she said that, we heard 5 knocks on the wall. We screamed, and ran out of the room. My parents were asking us what had happened, and I had burst into tears. My dad thoroughly checked the garage, but there was nothing in there. That night, I slept in my sister's room.

That was one of the scariest experiences I've had with the ghosts in my house. I do believe my house is haunted, but the question is, why is it haunted in the first place? I don't think anybody has died here. I hope that one day, I find out what is truly haunted in my house.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Rat_Queen, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TravisCannabis (69 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-03)
That's scary. Do things fall from their place in the garage or do they don't fall but you hear noise? Have you checked for vermin living in the garage?
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-04-27)
I cannot add much to the comments that have already been written. But there is an old saying that goes, "places are not haunted, people are haunted". I don't know if I believe that but maybe someone in your family brought the haunts with them to your home.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Hello Rat_Queen,

I agree with Biblio. You should find out what was on your property in the past if you think the phenomena was there before your family moved in. You could go to the library - the people in the library are usually trained to do all sorts of digging.

I was also wondering if you still have the security camera recordings. Usually, I believe orbs to be light reflecting on dust particles; but if they are truly "glowing" that would be something else.

And finally: I like your screen name. I don't know why it makes me smile.

- Maria
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-04-26)
Greetings, Rat_Queen, and welcome to YGS.

There are a wide variety of haunting phenomena; just because you're experiencing it in your parents' home doesn't mean that the building itself is haunted. I'll list common alternatives for you to get a clear picture:
1. Whatever was there before your house --an older house, a barn, a vacant lot-- may have been haunted, and your home is now in that location, so the spirit interacts with it.
2. You have an item, such as an antique or family heirloom, that has a spirit attached to it.
3. A person in your family had a spiritual attachment that followed them home; spirits like this are often like stray animals, desperate for attention.

I think that options 1 and 2 are the most likely, as the first phenomenon was a regularly-repeated pattern, while the second one occurred in the same area. Looking into the history of the land and/or any old furniture you own would probably be the best way to track down the origins of the ghost activity in your home.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: