You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: A Ghost In My Kitchen And Bathroom

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghost In My Kitchen And Bathroom

 

This happened to me about 5 five months ago and never happened again. I'm a 16 year old and I've been living in the same house my entire life, nothing particularly abnormal has ever happened and I'm very skeptical of paranormal events, but this really weirded me out and I haven't stopped thinking about it.

Here's what happened: on many occasions (but exclusively at night) I would walk past my dark kitchen and the sink would turn on, I would always rush and turn it off and it never really bothered me too much but the weird part was that it never turned on unless I was nearby, I never left the house, came back, and found it turned on. But I still didn't think much of it.

Then one day I was showering before bed, it was about 9pm and I got out of shower, my bathroom is a Lebanese style all-in-one bathroom which means that right next to my shower stall there is a toilet seat and toilet necessities, including a clogger next to the toilet seat (please note the clogger is plugged into a plastic head that acts as a stand to keep it in place).

As I was drying myself I suddenly hear a sound that sounds like it came from the clogger, I thought maybe it was my imagination (it was late and I was tired) then as soon as I look away and continue drying myself I hear the same sound, I look around and watch as the clogger slides across the floor slowly and is now nearly in front of me, the best way I can describe it; it moved as if a thousand little ants were under its head and moving it, it was moved so swiftly and smoothly (maybe floating slightly that's how it felt, also explains the ant comparison), I freaked out and thought maybe I was having hallucinations but I touched it and slid it back to where it was originally and it had definitely moved.

After that I started thinking about the sink a lot more and tried to connect it to the shower incident, was it some ghost toying with me? Funny enough after the shower incident the sink never turned itself on again and it's been 5 months.

It might not sound like much to many people but to me this is very bizarre and I can not find a single logical explanation to the shower incident (maybe I can explain the sink one, water pressure could have caused it or something like that, but the clogger really freaks me out and I always look at it whenever I'm showering I always feel like it's on the verge of moving again).

This is it, if someone has questions or a similar experience I'd be very happy to answer them in the comments.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SunnySunny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sophiethunder (guest)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-14)
I've had a bath fill up with no one there. That was pretty weird.
MrsRamsay (guest)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-01)
When I moved into my house a few years ago, we had similar things happen. One night my daughter screamed from upstairs. Her bathtub water was on full force and she could not get it to go off, even when we kept turning it (lefty lucy, righty tighty) it never changed and we struggled with it until the tub was almost full. Then, suddenly, it went off. I pretended it was no big deal, but it was really weird. Her toilet also flushed by itself, all the time. OR I would find it filled with #2 and not flushed and she SWORE it was not her. She is a really good girl and I believed her. I just kept thinking it was water pressure or something, but the plumbers I would ask explained that we have some pressure thing that prevents either pressure high enough to turn a faucet on or that would allow stuff to back up into an upstairs toilet. These events started tapering off and finally went away, but then other things happened that make me believe it had something to do with the older couple who owned the house before us (and both died while owners, but not in the house). This is probably not helpful, but what I mean to say is, you should sort of shrug this off, even while you might NOTE, just don't make a big deal out of it and it might go away.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-28)
I immediately focused on the fact that these activities only occur whenever you are in close proximity to the haunt. You might be the source of the activity. If you are, then the activity should cease as you grow older - keep track of all future activities and note your location whenever they happen. This experiment only works well if other people are sharing the place with you. If they experience a paranormal event, and you are nowhere near, then you are probably not the source of the activity. Yes, people often theoretically cause their own poltergeistic activities (but not always). If you are not the source, then the activities do seem benign or at worst, harmless.
8-bitDemigod (8 stories) (38 posts)
+8
4 years ago (2020-05-28)
While I can't explain the sink outside of wonky water pressure, (though that doesn't explain why it happens only when you're around) I might have an explanation for the plunger (or clogger if you prefer) moving. It could have been caused by condensation from your shower building up under the base and causing it to seem to float on its own due to a slightly uneven floor. You can see this effect if you set a heavily condensating soda on a flat table. Over time the condensation will build up under the bottle and sometimes it'll start sliding on its own.
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-05-27)
Hello SunnySunny,

This activity seems to be the most obvious cliché of most of the paranormal beings. Maybe it's a trend in the other world of scaring humans with this method.

I don't have any sort of logical explanation to define it. Even if we're concluding it on the basis of the water pressure there are numerous debatable terms to debacle it.

Considering the fact, it never happened to you again cites that it possibly isn't a residual haunting.

It can be possible that there indeed were certainly some scientific elements which interfered with your peace or maybe a passing by entity decided to play some tricks on you.

But disturbing you in the bathroom when you're in the most vulnerable state was off.

Overall, interesting read

Thanks for sharing

Peace
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-05-26)
Hi SunnySunny and welcome to YGS,

I have had many experiences like the one you had with your sink. I had them in the house that I lived in when I was seventeen.

When I was alone in the house, I would sometimes hear the water going full blast, in my mother's bathroom. It wasn't a large house. I would run back there to find that the water was no longer on; but there would be water splashed all over the mirror. I would spend a lot of time afterwards feeling paranoid.

This probably happened about twenty times, while I lived there.

It could have a mundane explanation; but it never happened to anyone else - if it did, no one was good enough to admit it. If it was a spirit who was playing games with me, they got what they wanted - a reaction.

Who wants to be harassed while they are in the bathroom - doing anything?

I wish that I could be more helpful to you.

- Maria
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-05-26)
Hi, Sunny. Hope you're doing well.

As I mentioned to Jubeelee in an email right about the time all this disease stuff started, I had a similar bathroom sink experience. Dad and I were talking in the living room about something and we heard the water in the master bathroom turn on by itself. At the time, mom was visiting a friend for lunch, so dad and I were the only ones present.

Water pressure is the only logical explanation we can think of.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: