You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: I Am Not Insane

Real Ghost Stories

I Am Not Insane

 

Honestly, I've never really been interested in paranormal activity until now. I read books about murder and crimes, but never GHOST stories. Let's just say, I never thought much of it.

I'm part of a religious family that believes in angels and demons... Etc. But not like... This.

You see, ever since I started year 9 (13 y/o) in Christchurch, NZ, I've been seeing... Things. I'm not crazy, and I sleep and eat very well, as my parents are strict. But, these black, weird, unexplainable figures will dance around like hallucinations. Sometimes in class, they'll mock me by standing by the teacher. Sometimes, I'll just KNOW they're standing behind me when I'm trying to work. I'm saying 'sometimes' because it doesn't happen very often, like once or twice a week maybe? But when they do come, my brain just forgets they're there as soon as they leave. Then later on in the day, I remember again and start thinking about it.

The 'figures' aren't quite what you'd expect, they don't MOVE like FIGURES, but more like a character in a really laggy game. They have legs and arms, I think, but sometimes the limbs will come off and rejoin their bodies as they move around. Yeah, weird.

Some move around like animals, but with spines that shake and vibrate as they crawl. IT'S JUST DISTURBING.

At night, sometimes, the creatures will emerge from my wall and mess with the stuff on my desk. I KNOW this isn't a dream, I promise. Most of the time I'll sit up and watch them. In the day times, they seem like shadows, only black. At night they look more... Detailed. I think they have fur. They look VERY skinny and bony, with wide eyes and always smiling. They look kind of like human-bunnies. (NOT a furry I swear).

Again, I'm not mentally ill or anything. (Even though my friends want me to see a doctor.) I've researched what I've seen and nothing matched my case. One link did take me to this website, with a story sort of like mine. So I decided to write MY version down.

Thanks... Bye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sane_psychopath, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-03)
Hi Sane,

You should watch Russel Crowe in a beautiful mind,
Normal people can have hallucinations it's when they control your life and you become paranoid is where they usually break down mentally and need medication and family support.

You probably should take the advice of your friends and start a dialogue with a doctor who can keep an eye on your progress.

My own theory as to what causes these hallucinations? Our universe at it's base is energy where consciousness is fundamental to our physical reality... We construct our reality through the processes of our minds and project what we see with in the walls of our brains.

Our eyes only see light and nothing else most people don't know this... So there for, if you have some sort a chemical imbalance with the neurons of your brain it may be distorting your reality where you are having these experiences and interactions otherwise living a normal life where others aspects are fine and grounded.

Regards!
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-30)
*Note: I am aware that the OP deleted their account. But... Just in case...*

I do agree that what the OP describes does resemble some accounts of schizophrenia- however, he/she is a bit young for the age of onset of this disease (typically from 18 to the early 20s) but stranger things have happened. The potential for this to be some sort of petit mal seizure makes good sense as well. All this to say, I think the recommendation for a discussion with parents and a medical professional is a very good one...and, given what I recall of being 13 was also probably part of what prompted the decision to delete the account.

Truly, no one here is trying to dismiss this story out of hand - simply get to the bottom of what is really going on be it paranormal or physical - particularly since, for all we know, we really are dealing with a troubled young kid. That in mind, I do hope they do return. ❤
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-10-26)
Just posting this in case the OP is reading or maybe will in the future when they're older.

There's a type of epilepsy which can produce strange hallucinations. I don't know the specifics of what it's like only that it doesn't include seizures. Not saying I think the OP has this. But if the OP is struggling for a diagnosis, either now or in time, there's another possibility to check off the list.

It also could be paranormal, and for that I'd suggest getting help from either people here or someone you feel comfortable opening up to.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-23)
[at] Lady-Glow, I'm going to just guess here but we aren't giving him the help he wants, just the questions and issues that need to be answered.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-10-22)
The OP has decided to delete their account... I wonder why since they seem in need of help.
DarriuxDarkk (6 stories) (79 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-10-22)
Hi, I just want to ask a few questions if you can answer them for me.

1. Have you experienced any auditory hallucinations when you see these figures?

2. Have you experienced any tingling sensations, paralysis, or any tactile stimulations aside from seeing them?

3. I know you said it only happens every so often like twice a week, would you be able to tell me when you first started seeing these figures? If you see these figures, what were you doing or state of mind prior to seeing them? Were you like emotionally stressed, sad, excited?

I don't want to dismiss it as a real supernatural phenomenon but before doing so, we want to make sure you are ok because I am nurse and had experience with some patients with schizophrenia, they can be managed but without seeking professional help, it can get worse.

In regards to it being a supernatural phenomenon, When you said that these figures manifests themselves on broad daylight even showing behind your teachers, do you see if the teacher is somewhat bothered by it even by the slightest? I ask this because normally on any apparitions there is always an energy imprint left behind and sensed by normal people to a degree. Psychics are more in tuned to these energies so they see and sense them better than most people do, however it doesn't mean that normal average people can't. That is why there are some people even the skeptics, when showed with enough energy imprint from these apparitions can still experience a supernatural phenomenon themselves. They might dismiss it as a figment of their imagination or rationalize it but they still experienced it none the less.

If your shadowy human-bunny figures only manifests to you and other people in the room can't sense a little bit of presence, it is quite concerning.

Although I won't dismiss the fact that there might be some beings on the higher level of existence that most of us can't really interact or sense them at all and you might just be really gifted to sense or see those higher beings of existence.

Such higher beings are angels, I believe on them. As there are demons I believe there are angels as well.

Thank you and God bless.
meinmein (6 stories) (9 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-10-22)
That is different:o. Never heard or saw creatures like that. Though I also experienced that, saw a shadow and I forgot, then suddenly remember that after. But they are not following me. I don't know what you mean "at night", do you mean, they followed you in your house?

I just see shadows without faces... Though I will not be surprised if those really exist, because I once saw something unexplainable chuchuqamiqmim1w8j2iaji2ma.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-21)
Hello Sane.

I agree with the previous posters' suggestion about talking to your parents and consulting a doctor.

Those figures sound like a disturbing sight but, do you know if any other family member has witnessed them? Have you considered the possibility of your parents using religion as a way to cop with something they do not understand nor they wished to face?
Can you think of some event that might have triggered the activity, like using a Ouija board?

It puzzles me that they seem to follow you around but they haven't tried to communicate with you.

Talk to your parents, they might get upset but they love you and will help.
sane_psychopath (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-21)
Oceana-

1: You didn't read it properly... I said it was like; I forgot it straight after then remember it later. Like those dreams, ya know?

2: Its NOTHING like The Silence from Doctor Who...
Oceana (11 stories) (47 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-10-21)
You forget the shadows exist after they are gone?
1. How can you remember to write it on here?
2. Sounds like the silence from Doctor Who.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-10-21)
sane_psycopath - Why have you chosen this name for yourself? It leads one to suspect that you question your own sanity. I realise that you're a teenager and perhaps don't fully comprehend that even if your profile name is a misnomer, it may cause readers to suspect that all is not well with you.

Firstly I would suggest that you discuss these events with your parents. Secondly I would suggest that you consult a therapist.

By saying the above I'm not suggesting that you are not experiencing this phenomenon but if one of my children had been subjected to these rather chilling experiences, I would want to know.

Regards, Melda
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+7
4 years ago (2020-10-21)
Hi, Sane Psychopath.

Curious experiences, and my first thought was a type of schizophrenia. We often recommend consulting a physician just to rule out physical causes.

Question about those bunnies messing with stuff on your desk. Have you seen the stuff moved around the next day? Would be helpful to test this by taking a photo before and then after you see the figures just as a check against remembering where things were.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: