You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Hallucinations Or Illusion

Real Ghost Stories

Hallucinations Or Illusion

 

I am avid reader to this website. First of all forgive my English grammar. I am from Chennai, Tamilnadu.

I have had this experience for a very long time. I had a hallucination of some being pressing my right or left hand. And I am unable to move them at a particular time.

And if I am turning this right hand side to sleep. I am falling to sleep and some bad dreams are playing in my mind, if I am sleeping on left hand side, I feel something or somebody is pressing me tightly, holding my arm, wrist or fingers, and saying like "COME WITH ME".

I won't sleep until early morning until 4 am comes. I woke up sometimes see my mobile the time will be like 1am or 2 am. I am not sure if my mind is playing the trick or not. Is it Hallucination or illusion?

Sometimes I feel like I am into sleep paralysis, or sometimes my hand will be automatically floating upwards as if someone or something is lifting up. I had this bad experience for the past two years. If I am unable to sleep I will turn on the music and will sleep.

My family is very spiritual and they used to pray for my well being. But even though I am experiencing these kind of things some say it must be overthinking or imagination and if I say this things to my parents, they are not listening. So some say pray god and sleep. But I am not sure if this is like paranormal or hallucinations. Kindly help me.

YOUR VIEWS OR IDEAS ARE MOST WELCOMED FORGIVE MY GRAMMER, THANKYOU FOR READING MY STORIES.

IF ANYTHING POST IN COMMENT SECTION.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dhariniraman, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
2 years ago (2021-11-22)
Sounds like a typical sleep paralysis attack to me. Next time when you go to bed, keep a sharp object under your pillow or even better, keep any iron object beneath that pillow if you take one. Also if you do not have something like that, I do not know if you are religious or not, just speak some words of prayer to whatever god you believe in. It helps a lot.

Someone here in comments mentioned about Journal. You can try to write one. I did and it helped a lot. When you put your feelings, thoughts, dreams or goals in words, it helps you to make sense out of it and get you out of that irritated and frustration zone. It helps to vent out even if its in the form of a pen and paper.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-10-22)
Hi dhariniraman

I always advise people to look for a logical explanation for something first and go the supernatural/spiritual route as the very last option.

I'm sure what you experienced must've been terrifying, but over thinking about it will just be frustrating to you.
Scary_Annabelle (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-10-15)
Hi dhariniraman,
Like lady-glow said, You can consult a Doctor or if you feel like it's paranormal, Try searching the History of your home. It's just like a Residual Haunting I think.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-10-14)
Hello dhariniraman.

Welcome to YGS. Your English is very good.

In my opinion, it would be important to go to see a doctor who specializes on sleep disorders. Also, try to keep a journal recording what you did the times you have these experiences.

It is important to discard any possible underlaying health issue before considering something paranormal as the cause of these experiences.

Do you like to read/watch/talk about spooky events? If so, does this material influence your dreams?

"sometimes my hand will be automatically floating upwards as if someone or something is lifting up."

Does your hand really float, or is it only the sensation of floating?
Are you aware of any other unexplained occurrences taking place at home?
Have you tried sleeping in another room? If so, did you experience the same or did you have a peaceful sleep?

I hope you find my comment helpful.

Thanks for sharing and good luck.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: