You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Thinning The Veil

Real Ghost Stories

Thinning The Veil

 

My Dad was an independent owner operator for 41 years. He, I and his Mom, my Grandma Vada were very close. So close, in fact, we knew what the other was thinking without even asking. I call it being "akin" to somebody.

So my Dad falls out of his truck in 2010, breaks his neck, is a quadriplegic for 6 months and dies 03/31/2011. Just DESTROYED me.

A few months later, I'm asleep... I think...and, I never have dreams I remember... But THIS dream... I can SMELL cigarettes and diesel...I'm in a garden-a BEAUTIFUL garden with color and fragrances so VIVID...I've never felt SO ALIVE! And there's my daddy... Sitting not 3 ft from me. I instantly just knew he was ok. And he looks me right in my eyes all serious like and WITHOUT OPENING HIS MOUTH, says,

"Kerri, I LOVE YOU." And I was awake. Crying! Shook up.

Next night, I'm sitting around with my friend, Jerree and this overwhelming compulsion to tell Jerree to go see her dad in Oklahoma won't let me alone until I say it to her. So I did. Her dad passed the next day.

Another day, I'm at some friend's house and everybody goes downstairs to play pool, except here comes this overwhelming compulsion to stay seated, alone at the kitchen table. Then in comes this horrible dude I can't stand-he goes on downstairs, but his driver-a guy I had never met, sits down across from me. This overwhelming thing makes me say, "You look like you just saw a ghost!" And the dude bolts and leaves!

Two weeks later, that guy finds my house and tells me that that day he met me, right before that, him and Roger, we'll call him, were at a truck stop getting gas. Supposedly a long time ago there was a murder Roger was involved in and no one was left alive EXCEPT Roger to tell anything. Well, while pumping gas, a stranger walked up to Roger and began giving him DETAILS ABOUT THE MURDER! Roger said, "Who the f*** are you and what do you want from me?" The stranger said they were (the murder victims name) reincarnated. Then they drove to where I was and I said, "You look like you just saw a ghost."

At this point I think I'm losing my mind. I throw people out of my house for talking crazy like this! About a month later I have my daddy's 38 Special in my mouth, about to pull the trigger when... Here it comes, this overwhelming compulsion to put the gun down and pick up my Dads old 12 string Eko Ranger. I never put that guitar down and learned it in 4 months. Bizarre. An Indian told me that my dad and I were spiritually connected and when he passed, the veil had thinned for me. I believe that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Missouri

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kksharp71, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pelatiah (4 stories) (74 posts)
+4
3 months ago (2024-01-20)
Kksharp,
I have a lot of dead family members. At 63, I've lost both parents, a step dad, grandparents and a husband. (I'm a woman, haha, just chose an ancestor's name for here).

When I was very young and lost my dad in Vietnam, I was fortunate to see what I can only describe as my angel. I know this as sure as I know my name, but didn't realize it until decades after the fact. One of the bits of knowledge that I feel he/she? Imparted to me is that we have to live our lives to the fullest when people we love have their own lives cut short. Those left behind should HONOR THEM and their lives by getting the very, very most out of our own, because they are living through us (in some way).

My son in law's brother took his life as a teenager and the tragedy was so great, it has haunted that family, destroyed it really. But when I first met my son in law and asked him about siblings, and he answered that he is an only child, my first reaction was, "You don't SEEM like an only child." Apparently he was stunned that I somehow knew. Ten years later, we often have the conversation that he is living his (VERY ADVENTUROUS) life to its fullest and I believe his brother is with him for it all! Anyway, please don't despair. Your father must've worked hard at his job and he would want you to live as well as you can, continue his legacy and even improve on it. Life can be tough, but you are meant for good, even great things one day because your experiences have made you all the stronger. Bless you and thanks for the interesting story. Wish I could play the guitar, I was an utter failure at it!
Tweed (35 stories) (2498 posts)
+4
4 months ago (2024-01-08)
Kksharp, I'm so sorry for your loss and what you've been through. The comments have been so beautiful to read. Thank you for opening up to us about your powerful experiences.

Also a warm welcome, I hope you stick around!
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (60 posts)
+2
4 months ago (2024-01-02)
Kksharp71 Your alone at the kitchen table when in comes this horrible dude I can't stand. Please Tell us about your relationship with roger. I am happy for you that you are in a better state of mind now. Most of this seems to have happened in 2011, have you had any other experiences, visitations of that nature recently. When They said to you, you look like you seen a ghost, did you notice anything different about their looks, healthy, half dead, sounded like driver was being cocky, or did he say it in a caring way. How did you read their faces, up to no good. The very young seem to be put back into the system for reincarnation fairly quickly so if that driver that talked to you at the pump was in his early 20s and roger killed in his 20s in 2011 roger at the gas pump should be right around 40 give or take and killed young people. Did you hear anything about the deaths he committed. This is just my opinion of the afterlife.
Kksharp71 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+5
4 months ago (2024-01-01)
Thanks, all, for your feedback...um...I never again thought of taking my life...no...that was years ago. But thanks. And...I'm trying to address questions... I have no idea the murder victims age. No not at all. After my experience I no longer think people are crazy and I do listen to them! Lol... First song I played? The Byrds. Mr Tamborine Man
Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
+6
4 months ago (2023-12-31)
Hi Kksharp71

I believe that your dad is always around guiding you, it seems to me that you have/had some issues, I do hope that you are now in a good space, mentally and emotionally, but talking from personal experience and loss, I know that life can be really, really hard and some days you just feel like giving up, but remember that it's only when you at your lowest do you realize how resilient and strong you are.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (130 posts)
+7
4 months ago (2023-12-31)
Kksharp: Welcome to the site. This is a very touching account, but I honestly believe that your Dad would be 'very' upset, & disappointed in you if you take your own life. I'm sorry for your loss. Believe me, "I" know the feeling. I lost my dear husband some years ago, & just lost my father last year. I know 'that' kind of pain.
After the loss of my husband, I contemplated taking 'all' of his muscle relaxer pills-he needed them for a bad back. However, as I'm looking [at] the bottle of pills, I, 'very clearly', 'heard' him say "Come on Sweetie. You 'know' that's 'not' the answer. C'mon, you're stronger than that. I love you, & you'll be alright!". I heard him like he was right beside me talking. Honest.
It's tough being left behind, but 'they' would 'want' us to be strong, & continue on 'for' them.
I, like you, play my guitar in memory of my husband. We were musicians, & often played together. Every time I play, I 'feel' he is right there with me.
Keep playing. It will help you, & is very therapeutic. Trust me, I know.
As for the reincarnated victim. I dunno' about that. However, I have an open mind in regard to those subjects.
However, it would appear that something positive has come out of your circumstances. Just keep playing, & healing for your Dad's sake!

Sending you the
Very Best! ❤ 😊
CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
+3
4 months ago (2023-12-30)
Kksharp71,
I'm sorry for your loss. It's always hard losing a parent. But please don't think of taking your life again. I'm so glad you are spiritually connected with your dad and you can play music through him. Music is very therapeutic to listen to and so enjoyable learning how to play.
You have so much ahead of you, and hopefully music will keep you company along the way. Be strong, and be everything you desire to be.
I'm sending you positive energy and a big hug.
CantunSEEit74 (4 stories) (60 posts)
+4
4 months ago (2023-12-30)
Kksharp71 Very interesting life experiences, 41 years a truck driver the things that man has seen. Very sorry for your family' loss and his last 6 months that would really hurt my heart. Maybe now you're a beacon of light for spirits and they want to tell you their stories so you can help them find justice. I throw people out of my house for this crazy talk. If they are not threatening you and they are not acting crazy, have you tried to listen and maybe try to help them or do they seem demonic or untruthful. Your father would be so mad you are sitting next to him in the beautiful garden, and you got a flipping hole out the back of your head and chunks of bone stuck in your hair. You have shown a weakness and now you must get rid of all guns. I own no guns. Please fill us in on the crazy stuff.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (818 posts)
+4
4 months ago (2023-12-30)
Hi, Kksharp. Welcome to YGS. I'm the open minded skeptic. I believe people see what they say they see but not always that what they say they saw is what was actually there. If that makes any sense.

So first off I'm wondering, how old was the reincarnated murder victim that approached "Roger"? I'm just guessing that 20 years, at least, had passed between the murder and the chat about the murder.

Did your friend take your advice and go to see her father?

Assuming you remember, what was the first song you tried to play on your father's musical instrument?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: