You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Mask

Real Ghost Stories

The Mask

 

This really happened to my sister, but she told me to write it on here.

It was morning, around eight. My mom runs an indoor day car center so many kids were running around screaming their heads off. My sister, Jessica, was still asleep in her bedroom. Not to long ago, we had bought a mask from a garage sale. It was white on one side, and black on the other. It had the same designs on both sides.

Jessica can sleep very long, so she slept in until around 10. My mom came in and woke Jessica up. "Wake up you bum! I need to put Kaylie down for a nap..." Jessica got up and left the room.

I need to mention the position of the mask. Picture a room. On the right was my sister's bed, shoved into the corner. Her pillow was hitting the back wall. The mask was on the right wall, facing the left.

Our mom put down Kaylie and came out. Ten minuets later, Jessica had to go back into her room to get some colored pencils. She went in quietly, trying not to wake up Kaylie. She looked to her right and saw the mask on her pillow. It was facing the front wall and was still face up. Jessica stared at for a good long five minutes. The only way you could have moved the mask was to pull it up from the wall and out. Our mom hadn't been in the room because I was with her at the table.

Jessica got rid of the mask after that. She now has a joker hanging on the wall, but nothing's happened to that one...yet!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FlyingFancy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi FlyingFancy. I have basically the same questions as Bellissima and rhodes68. Where did she get the mask? Is there any history behind it? Do you think the little girl taking a nap in the room could have bumped the wall and made it fall? Or maybe the little girl grabbed at it and it fell. I don't know how old the little girl is, so I'm not sure if the little girl would even be able to reach it.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
That is very interesting. My sister had a mask (it was the face of the devil) that would move on its own too! One time they got so tired of the mask moving around so much that instead of throwing it away, they stuffed it in the closet. Well my sister was home alone cleaning her room. She was standing about 10 ft away from the closet when the mask FLEW out of the closet and hit her in the face. Imagine that! ❤Jasmin
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi FlyingFancy. I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing!I'm curious - where did you get the mask, is there any story behind its origins? How long did you own the mask before this happened?
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
i remmebr my friends room having tons of masks on the wall the one from the veinice carnival like... I always had the creeps from them
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
I've always been a bit apprehensive when it came to masks but that didn't stop me from possessing quite a few of my own.

I'm afraid I cannot picture the exact position of the mask while it was hanging on the wall. Are you saying that there was no way it could have fallen off and landed where it did?

That's something!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Wow I found this story to be very interesting. Not hust houses and buildings can be haunted. But there are times that items can be haunted to. I realy enjoyed reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: