You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She Floated Down From The Ceiling - Literally

Real Ghost Stories

She Floated Down From The Ceiling - Literally

 

When I was about 5 or 6 I had just started taking showers instead of baths "like a big girl" as my parents put it. I was thrilled. I mean come on, I was in 1st grade already it was time for the next step.

Well one glorious Memorial day weekend I believe it was Sunday I was showering up sing along with music in my head and suddenly the shower air got real cold (I'm talking below zero here) and as I looked out the clear shower curtain to see who in their right mind opened the door while I was taking my hot shower, I saw something coming out of the ceiling.

The only thing I can really remember about this person from the ceiling was that they had piercing blue eyes and brilliant fiery red hair. I also remember this vision in my mind's eye of someone sitting at a card table with papers thrown askew just lying there sleeping. Oh and I remember screaming bloody frigging murder.

Later the next day I found out why this happened. After words, my mother questioned me to find out what had happened-keeping her concerns to herself, she sent me to bed with reassurances that I would be safe in my room.

The next day as I got up hoping what had happened the night before was just a very bad dream. Well not only was it not a bad dream it was the start of a horrid nightmare.

At about eleven o'clock the next morning, my mother received a phone call from a funeral director telling her that her father had died the night before from heart complications. My mother was devastated. After making all these arrangements for a private funeral she sat me down to talk. This is what she told me:

The woman I saw the night before was my great-grandmother, Wilda-telling me I described her exactly. That her coming to me meant that she was warning me of my grandfather dying. Now being 5 or 6 at the time, this didn't help me understand at all. But after that I never wanted to enter the bathroom again but eventually did to shower and go to the bathroom.

Other hauntings by Stacers

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stacers, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
the facial expression? I can't really remember. It was a long time ago and I can't really fathom what went on sorry I can't tell you I would if I could only remember
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hello Stacers! I have read your story and have to agree with the other's that this may have indeed been your grandmother with a warning. Consider it a gift. ❤ ❤ ❤ jasmin
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I have to agree with others here that your Grandma came and apyed you a visit. And I believe that is something very special. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Maybe you were in the wrong place at the right time. Maybe it was meant for your mother not you. On the other hand maybe it was shown to you because you were a child and wouldn't question what you had seen. Adults can get validation only to blow it off as imagination.I'm glad your mother understood what it all meant and was able to comfort you. Hope it was a comfort to her as well.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Dear Stacers,

I agree with your mother, your grandmother must have been part of the "welcoming committee" for your grandfather aside from a messenger of death. I enjoyed the story, but I just want to ask a question. What was the facial expression of your great grandmother when you saw her?

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Belive3368,
Really I couldn't tell you why she came while I was in the shower. Personally I would have much preffered to have seen her in my room or in my kitchen or really any where else in my house. But I do have a theory of why since at the time I was taking a shower and it was I think around 9:30-10:00 pm it was probably just around the time my grandfafther died. Hope that clears it up for you.
Stacers (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
Dear theUnknown,
Yes it was my great grandmother. That was her alright without doubt my mother was sure of it.
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
The story is nice, and is the red haired blue-eyed girl you saw in the bathroom was your grandmother or another spirit you might have not known?

I would like to have an answer if you would answer my question...
BeLiVe3368 (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
I.m sorry about your grandfather, but why did your great- grandmother come when you were in the shower? Couldn't she come when you were in bed or something? 😕
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Cool story I think your mother is right. And I know you do to. Hope tp hear of you soon.
GIRLIE 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: