You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Girl In My House

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In My House

 

Since my last story, a few things have happened. If you read my last story, there was a slight chance that there was the spirit of a little girl in my house. I have now confirmed that that is indeed true.

The first thing that happened was this: I was reading a book for school and it was getting pretty boring, so I memorized my page number, closed the book, and turned on my tv. After a few minutes, my tv turned off by itself. I glanced at the remote to make sure one of my cats hadn't stepped on it, but no cats were in my room. I didn't think much of this and turned my tv back on. A few minutes later, the same thing happened. This happened about three more times and I got very frustrated, opened my book up and kept reading until I finished it. Then I turned my tv back on and hoped it wouldn't turn off. It didn't.

Another thing has been happening while I am trying to go to bed. I will turn off my lights and get into bed, but when I'm about halfway asleep, my tv will turn on by itself. I will just turn it off, but this keeps happening over and over until I finally have to unplug my tv. My mom has checked the wiring numerous times and even called in someone to check it, but everything is normal. So this is something that kind of upsets me, especially if I have school the next day.

One more thing. Recently, hurricane Ike hit the city of Houston, where I live, and it was terrible. I unfortunately caught a cold on the day that Hurricane Ike hit, and I remember being huddled up in my bathroom on the floor, sick, while my mom was trying to round up the cats. The power had gone out and my mom had the flashlight, so I was in the dark. Suddenly, I felt a tiny hand in mine and I was so sick that I really didn't care. I heard the frightened voice of a little girl whisper right next to me, "Im scared," and I just said, "Me too." I still felt the hand in mine, but shortly after I fell asleep.

Well, that's it so far and I'm actually starting to enjoy the company of the little girl. She hasn't yet shown herself to me, but I don't know if I'm ready for that yet. Comments would be greatly appreciated.

Some of you may think that maybe I imagined the third thing because I was so sick, but I am sure that I didn't. I felt the pressure of a tiny hand in mine whenever I woke up throughout the storm.

Other hauntings by AnimeLover4ever

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AnimeLover4ever, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
I do believe you.

That was quite an experience.

I hope that you are okay with the little girl in your house!

Take care! ❤
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
troyarn, not everyone has the luxury of being able to move whenever the weather calls for it. It's very hard to live in shelters and hotels and such while a storm plays out, and a lot of people don't have warning, either. Instead of being condescending, why don't you just wish her the best?

AnimeLover4ever, it sounds like you've found some peace with your little visitor.:) It might be a bit annoying that she's playing with your TV--which I definitely believe that spirits can do given the idea of electromagnetic fields--but at least she means you no harm. Best of luck and be safe through the hurricane! My fiance and I will be sending our best thoughts in your direction.:)
Kisho (2 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Sounds like she was enjoying the book you were reading, and didn't want you to stop. As for turning on the tv while you're trying to sleep, If she does that again, you should ask her to go watch tv in the other room (I believe you said there was a family room with on) just keep it down and turn it off when she's done.

Now comforting a ghost who's scared... That's just adorable. You are very lucky ^_^
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-19)
Oh wow, Ike sure gave us a scare, huh? It rained like Hell over here, a couple people died up in the mountains. I'm glad to hear you're okay. ❤

I think it's cute this girl is contacting you, maybe she needs an older sibling. Either way, you should probably look into that whole "being attached to you" thing; for instance, have you noticed here anywhere else besides the inside of your house?
rstahley (3 stories) (102 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
I really like this story. I think it is sweet, and I think you are kind of lucky to have her.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
i never heard of anyone calling a guy to look at a TV that turned on and off on its own... Too much cash.
Also, um... Remember New Orleans? Maybe you guys should have went somewhere during the hurricane season.
DemonSora (69 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
i thought I was the only person here that watches anime, and I like that ghost girl that lives with you, next you see, her ask her why she turned off the tv... I think she did it so you can go back to reading so you won't have to do it later

God Bless
Karin ❤
katghoti (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Very nice, as for the TV try this to really check if it is a ghost. Change the batteries to new ones. Once my TV freaked out by changing channels, turning the volume up and down and turning off and on. I changed the batteries and it stopped. Some remotes when they get low batteries will act this way.
AnimeLover4ever (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
Thank you for the comments everyone, and I have asked my mom to find out about the history of the house. She wanted to know why but of course I just said I was curious. I found out that no one has died here or around the area. And no little girls either. So I'm a little confused as to where she came from. I'm starting to think that maybe she's not attached to this house, but to me. 😕
Sandy2008 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-18)
This is so sweet 😳. Maybe you could ask your mom to check out the history of your house.
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Hi AnimeLover4ever, I just want you to know, that no one on here will think you are crazy. We have all experienced some things and that is why we are all here.

As for the little girl, maybe she had died in that house, and she is made her self present to you. She was probably there that day with you because she was scared, and she could tell you were scared too, and that drew her to you. I'm sorry I couldn't be of much help.

I am glad that you, your mom, and cats came through Hurricane Ike okay, and none of ya'll got hurt. THanks for sharing your story. 😊
AnimeLover4ever (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
Yes I'm glad to have comforted her, but now that I think about it, if I wasn't sick I'm pretty sure I would've freaked out... 😳
tara (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
wow you are very lucky to have an experience... Like this xx the little girl must feel safe with you... 😁
gringabad (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-17)
wow what an experience. I love the third one. How many people can say they have comfited a ghost. Please keep the updates coming. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: