You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Touched Softly

Real Ghost Stories

Touched Softly

 

I am very confused and curious about a few things. I don't generally believe in paranormal activity or ghosts. Never have. My feeling is I will believe it when it happens to me. For the last six months however, I have been feeling like I am a loon. It is nothing major or scary, probably isn't even interesting, but it is strange. It started at my boyfriend's house, while I was sleeping in his bed. I am not a spooked easily type of woman, but one night, I was totally freaked out. He was gone working and I was there alone. It was probably around 11pm and very quiet. I kept feeling like someone was there so I got up and checked the house and the driveway. He wasn't home yet and no one else was around so I went back to bed.

A little while later I felt an intense feeling of being watched, but again there was no one there. Finally I fell asleep only to be woken up by a soft touch on my lower left leg. My boyfriend likes to play tricks so I just thought it was him being funny. It wasn't. He was still gone, but I am sure someone touched my leg. Later on it happened again but this time it was my shoulder. Just a soft, slight touch. It felt like a couple of fingers, just gently touching me, not much pressure. I got up, turned all the lights on and checked the house again. Nothing. The house was just as I had left it, doors locked, lights out and him still gone. Thinking I must be crazy or imagining thing I went back to sleep.

This has happened probably five times since then, always at his house. I don't know why or what the heck it is but I know when someone is touching me. I have never believed in this kind of stuff. I don't freak easily and I am not religious person at all.

I didn't think a whole lot about it until two days ago. I was in my new house. I have been there for about two weeks. Before this has only happened at his house, as I have said. This time I was actually physically moved. I was in my bed, sound asleep, dreaming even, when suddenly, I was moved about an inch and a half. Like someone grabbed me and physically shook me by my upper torso, just once. It was enough to wake me up and think my daughter was in the room or something. I went down the hall and they were both sound asleep. I heard no sound, no steps or nothing following the movement. I did feel a strange sense of something that I can't put words to.

I honestly don't know what to think. I guess I am hoping someone has had similar things happen to them and can share their stories. I am perplexed. I never believed this kind of stuff, but have always said that I would believe it if it ever happened to me. I am very strong in my beliefs and it is hard to convince me of ghost sightings and such, but lately I have been questioning my own beliefs in these matters. I have also been hearing my name being said very softly. This has happened less often, but it is very clear, almost as if someone is sitting next to me, but there is no one there.

I feel silly for being scared, but I am beginning to feel kind of afraid when I am alone.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mesa25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MissPickle (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-05-10)
Hi KanashibariEyes, new to this site and not sure if you use it anymore as this is quite an old post.

I felt I had to sign up and comment as I have had very similar experiences to you... Voices while falling asleep talking about me and to me, sleep paralysis where I have vividly been outside my own body zooming around the room until a bad presence came in (and then I ended up in my own body in a split second). I have also seen a gargoyle at the bottom of my bed and a white haired man at the side of my bed (I then moved my bed for the first time).

I have seen blue/white lights since I was younger. I usually see them before something happens in my life and like to think that someone is trying to warn/comfort me.

Lately I have been touched. The first time was while I was on holiday and something pressed on my pillow by my face as I had just closed my eyes to go to sleep. More recently at home something touched my shoulder and it started to shake me as if to wake me up as I ignored it. I opened my eyes and nothing was there. Then I moved my bed for a second time.

Finally last night something touched my right hip twice, then shook me again as if to wake me up. I could feel the individual fingers. I opened my eyes and nothing was there. I was alone in the house at the time as my family were not home so it wasn't them.

It's really creepy but glad I'm not the only one to have similar experiences 😊
barhur84 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-04-23)
hi my girlfriend just told me something just touched her slightly from her shoulder down to her legs and up. She was like was that you. I said no I am sitting by the computer I ve never got close to you. She said I felt something definately touched me. She was like try. I tried I felt just exactly the same she claims. And also she has mentioned a few months ago when she is at work she heard a acouple of times ssomeone is whispering her name and she felt the room temperature got really hot and moisty at that time. This is getting freaky. I didn't believe non of it but I wanted to google this and this similar stories came up. Now this is happening in my place. It is scary. I need help and explanation.
dreams27 (3 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-07-25)
o my gosh thiz has happen to me... Felt someone touched me with there index finger or I don't know but someone touched me. And I have heard my name being called when I'm alone and I'm scared to be by my self its wierd...
alynn (2 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
'like young' below is suppossed to be 'like you'. T9...sorry.
alynn (2 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-03-07)
Mesa,
I am 13 years old, and in the past year, I have had 4 people die in my family.
like young, I don't believe in ghosts. In fact, if someone had to tell me a week ago that something was touching them and leaving marks on their skin, I wouldve laughed and said, "whatever" and walked on, as I suspect most of my friends are doing at this date.
the thing is, my foster father died a year ago, in march, but I can't imagine that this thing would be him, for he was far to nice and gentle to leave red scary like marks on me.
when I read you story, I was very troubled. You had said you visitor touched you on the lower left leg and shoulder. What shoulder was it? I was touched on the right shoulder an left lower leg, and again while I was in bed on my stomach. There, it felt like someone had two ropes tyed around me and kept making it tighter. I took pictures of the nasty marks it left me, because I knew no one would believe me otherwise. The only real difference between yourr experience and mine is that my touchings were and are still by no means soft.
I have lots of friends. I have told afew... Some will believe me more when they have seen the pictures. I have aslo told my mom, who cmpletley speechless onn this matter.
maybe, you have some advice?
KanashibariEyes (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-11)
Not only ghost has touched me, there were buches of weird activities are going around to the dwelling I'm living with right now. I felt someone were very hurry to wake me up, I first thought it was my mom or sister trying to wake me up, but when I woke up, there was no one around the room except me. My all parents are gone, I was alone at that moment.

Also, I forgot to mention that my sister is on her traveling with her US military to obtain her objectives at the time I was being touched by unseen person. Anyway, there are blue orbs appearing and quickly dissapearing, they have faint lights glittering around the room.

Then, I have heard a lot of voices on both before I sleep and to about I wake up. Laughs, sometimes cries of babies, evil laughs, and arguing loudly around my room but there were no physically person around there. Besides that, I'm about to leave this dwelling, because into my previous house has never happened this before to me unless when I moved in here, things became very different. That is all.
mech1151 (1 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
It happened to me also, last night. I googled it and came across your story, and it seems similar. My fiance and I went to her brothers house for a surprise birthday party. We spent the night as he lives about 3 hours away. We were sleeping in two separate twin beds in a spare bedroom in the finished lower level. We said our goodnights and were off to sleep. She's a quick sleeper but it takes me awhile to drift off. After about 10 or 15 minutes I felt like someone either kissed me or put their finger across my lips. I was not sleeping, I raised my head head up and tried looking around, but it was pitch black. I called out and asked Nancy if she just kissed me, I knew she hadn't, she was already asleep, she woke up though and asked what was wrong. I told her what happened, she said it wasn't her. I didn't feel threatened, so we just tried to get back to sleep. The next morning we were talking about it at breakfast with some of the others who had spent the night. Thats when they said the previous owner of the house had shot himself in the house. They too had strange experiences. We changed the subject as their young kids were around and I think they didn't want to freak them out. It was a weird experience, one I've never had. Again, I didn't feel threatened at all or even spooked by it, which seems strange now. Oh well, just thought I'd share as you seemed pretty sincere, and it just happened to me also.
mesa25 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Thanks Rhodes... That makes perfect sense to me. It is very similar to what my boyfriend said when I talked to him about it this afternoon. And yes, again, I had to find some rational explaination because otherwise I felt like I was either crazy or going to be soon, or I would have to accept things that I have always not believed in.
You are an interesting person Rhodes. 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-15)
Hi mesa and thank you too for not taking my skepticism as an effort to undermine your experience. You see, once you exclude all "rational" explanations then you feel safer reaching other conclusions.

You ask why at night, why in bed. Simply because at night our brains seem to go into "slower motion" telling our physical bodies to relax until we drift to sleep. When mediums or other sensitive people wish to communicate, they choose an hour of the day when the noises and tension of the "busy daily life" have calmed down. They try to be as silent and peaceful as possible and then they try to focus not on the surface of things but on what can vaquely be heard beneath it. This is where interaction with the other dimension exists.

Spirits of the deceased can not always produce enough energy to manifest and "enter" our realm-it's like someone yelling at you from a distance-you need to pay close attention and put a lot of effort not only to hear them yelling but mostly make out what they're saying. Likewise, spirits choose this particular hour of the day when we are calm and more focused to try and communicate. You have heard that darkness "magnifies" shapes and intensifies noises. That's the idea.

The more you show them you can hear or feel, the closer they get-the more intense their effort is.
mesa25 (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
Thank you Rhodes, as I said before, you give very good advice. And I have spent a lot of time doing the very things you suggested out of pure logic and skepticism before I sought answers somewhere else (here). I don't have nightmares, that I recall anyway. That day in my own bedroom, I was actually having a mundane dream, nothing special. I can elaborate a little on the first experience of feeling watched. In my orginal post I stated that I don't get spooked easily, I don't. My logical mind told me, you're being silly, go to sleep. I discounted it and finally did go to sleep. I do agree however, that the 2nd experience could have been just the creepy feeling of knowing something had just touched me that I had no explaination for. Nothing has happened since the being shook awake thing, thankfully. I do have a question, I think maybe you, Rhodes may be of some help with. Why do you suppose these things tend to happen only when I am in bed? I spend a lot of time alone and nothing has ever happened during hours when I am awake, milling about my home. Just curious. And thanks again for your thoughts. I appreciate your level headed advice.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hi again, Mesa. You had me laughing for a moment about teenage drama and chaos. As a mom of two teenage boys, I can tell you that my house is full of it, too! ("Chaos," drama AND stinky-sneaker odor!) Blessings to you and yours! Lisa
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hello mesa and thank you for sharing a very interesting experience with us. I appreciate your skepticism as it helps maintaining some balance between experiencing something strange and maybe inexplicable, if it proves to be that, and exaggerating.

Reading your first encounters, I was a little skeptical myself when you claim to have been touched and the main reason is what you claimed earlier that you felt watched. That feeling if it's intense, it can provoke fear and fear itself can create suggestions that are so powerful they become reality.

Then, two weeks later and in a very different environment altogether you're again "approached" but you seem to forget something. You were sleeping and felt as if somebody shook you awake. What you felt after that may again be the product of your fear. The thing is that maybe-just maybe-the memory of your first "encounter" was so vivid that it somehow subconsciously affected you. That alone could have caused you to have a nightmare that was so intense, it almost seemed real. The point is, before you start believing that any if not all of these occurrences were in any way paranormal, you should allow some time to pass during which you should be very observant but at the same time skeptical. Try to see how much of what you sense is an extension of your own emotions and how much is caused by an external factor. I think that somewhere in between, you will find the answers you're seeking.

Thank you
mesa25 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
Lisa, Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it. I would never become involved in such a way however. I agree that I don't need drama or chaos in my life. My children are teenagers and that alone brings all the drama and chaos I am could handle at any time. LOL. And like I said earlier, I don't yet know what to think about these things. They don't happen very often, but as someone who doesn't really believe in all this kind of stuff I think I felt more shock than anything else.
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hi Mesa, Sorry that I was unclear. What I meant was -- It seems to be making overtures to you, and I wouldn't get involved with it, if I were you. IN MY OPINION, you may be opening yourself up for a lot of chaos, if you choose to humor or engage this thing. As a mom of young kids, you probably don't need additional drama or chaos in your life right now; and I think you'll find that more often than not, "drama" and "chaos" are USUALLY the outcome of dabbling with spiritual entities. But that's JUST MY OPINION.
mesa25 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-13)
Hi Lisamaxw... Thanks for the response... But I am not sure what is it that you don't think I should do. I am very new to this whole thing so I really don't even know what the terms you used mean. Thanks...
Lisamaxw (92 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-11)
Hi. While it would be nice to think that this is some relative of yours, my intuition tells me it is not -- because of your reaction to it. You're not feeling comforted, you're feeling intruded-upon. When you said you feel like someone is "watching" you and that it touched you softly, it brought to mind the Grigori ("watchers"), demons who fell from heaven because of their lust for human women. I wonder if it is trying to seduce you? (As an aside, has anyone noticed that there seems to be an increase in incubus/succubus activity recently? Wonder what's up with that...) BTW, a word of advice: I wouldn't do it, if I were you -- especially because you have young children.
mesa25 (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
ChrisB, Thank you for your response to my story. As for what I felt, it is hard to explain. I didn't feel in danger. I just felt like I wasn't alone. I have considered the possibility that it could be a family member, one in particular. My Aunt (actually my ex-husbands Aunt, but she was really like a Mother to me) passed away two years ago this coming February. Right after she passed, I remember a day when I really felt like she was with me. She was like an angel in my life so it does make some sense that she would be an angel in the afterlife. If there really is such a thing. If so, she would be a prime candidate.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi and thank you fro sharring this story with us. I realy do like sceptic people. You realy know how to explain things in a rational way. And to be honest that this the first step we do before we go and call out to things being spirits. I am glad that you sharred this story with us. I believe that there might be something that is interested in you. I'm not talking about any sexual way but someone might be curiuous who you are. Do you think that there is a chance that spirit maybe a family member? I was wondering what you felt when you knew that there was a presence? Thanks fro sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-10-09)
Hello, Yeah I get same way sometimes at night and even dream too, kind of creepy when it do that touch things and sometimes it might be imagine or spirts that want to touch.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: