You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Figure May Have Touched Me

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figure May Have Touched Me

 

Around 9 pm on the night of Sunday May 13th (this past Mother's Day) I was on the computer in our apartment. I was called out into the living room by "Anne" (name changed at her request) and we were chatting about something she was watching on t.v.

I was holding our cat, playing with her feet and she was batting at my hands, everything normal for an average Sunday night. Suddenly "Anne's" eyes got big and she was looking behind me. At the same instant that her facial expression changed I felt what I can only describe as a small hand rub my back from the center, just under the shoulder blades, down my spine to about an inch above my waistline. I got goosebumps from head to toe, my legs felt as if someone had wrapped a cold blanket around them, and I know it sounds really bizarre, but it felt like something was trying to use my eyes to cry.

I kind of freaked out, ran over by "Anne" and she told me she saw a solid black shadow about 3.5 to 4 feet tall with what appeared to be either a hood or a pointed hat run from the hallway and when it got behind me it vanished. I reached around to tell her where I felt the rub (I also felt the material of my shirt pull and bunch as it went down my back) and there was a very warm spot on my shirt. I lifted my shirt and along the entire length of where I felt the touch, the skin on my back was about 10 degrees warmer than the rest of the skin on my back. Not only did I feel it, but "Anna" also felt it. I just told her to feel my back and she was really surprised and more than a little creeped out when she felt the heat difference from the spot to the rest of my back.

I am not sure what exactly to make of this experience. I have had other times where I thought I had been touched, but wrote it off as my shirt shifting due to gravity or whatever. I am a firm believer in the afterlife, in spirits and all the related areas of the paranormal, but this is by far the weirdest, scariest, most disquieting thing to have happened to me in many years.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mlyness100, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

xmas-santa (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
not scary than indian channels try to watchfear files - darr ki sacche tasveere on youtube might not understand but wath it with notations
AllieAllison (28 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-29)
creapy

GHOST STALKER! 😆 just kidding it was probly just having some fun or something tell us if it happens agin and I can draw a more helpful conclusion
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
This gave me goosebumps just in the reading of it!
Very creepy!
Thank you for sharing.

Jav
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-26)
Really scary experience. I have not had such experiences but my friends did. Fortunately, it did not hurt you. But did it happen again or you said that something wanted to use your eyes to cry. Any subsequent experiences in this regard.

Nice narration.
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-25)
Jack86, to answer your question concerning the author, I would say that I believe his experience that he describes in the book is valid. I have other books by him too. I have heard a few audio tapes by him too. Trust me I am more of a skeptic and not a gullible person, so I don't believe everything, but I do believe him. He is a minister too as far as I know.
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
Warrior: what is your personal opinion on the author?

Out of curiosity
Warrior_Troy (42 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-24)
A very long time ago I remember being visited by a demon like that. I think it was a demon of perversion. There are all different kinds of demonic spirits and they have an expertise in 1 specific area.

See if this book helps you by clicking on the link to access a pdf version. This man was afforded the unique opportunity to see into the realm of the spirit and he describes in detail the different demons and their work.

Http://www.ubm1.org/demons-pittman.pdf

Hope it helps!
skystorm13 (12 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
similar things have happened to me, but not often. I don't know what it is but ghost seem to be attracted to certain people 😕.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
Just a tad confused. Is the Anne you referred to earlier, the same person Anna (with a typo) below? Just curious.:) Sometimes they like to get our attention, and don't really think of the best way to do it. Like ithers suggested, keep a journal and see if you can pin point when they activity is at it's peak.
sonri (2 stories) (91 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Valentine's Day, right around nightfall, 2003, me and some friends drove to a cemetery we liked to visit.
I like cemeteries, they relax me, odd as that may sound.
I was in the passenger's seat. As soon as we pulled into the drive, I unmistakably saw jeaned legs running toward the graveyard entrance, just the legs. We'd surprised someone.
As we drove through the gate where the legs had vanished, I suddenly started weeping uncontrollably I mean I went from happy-go-lucky to eyes weeping buckets, in 5 seconds flat. Its an extraordinary sensation.
This entity was so angry at our being there, my two Wiccan friends refused to get out of the car, and when I closed my eyes at their suggestion, I immediately understood why. The image in my mind's eye was of a man, face contorted with fury, screaming and pushing at the trunk of the car.
None of us got out and we made the loop and left. I've never been back to a graveyard on Valentine's Day, not out of fear, but respect. Its quite possible that the date had nothing to do with it, but my impression was that it did.
Jack86 (1 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
Only bit of advice I can think of right now: look on this site for stories like yours and keep note of the similarities in what you saw - height, possible cloak, heat changes...

cloak bit sounds eerily familiar to me personally)

Because whereas you won't get a definite answer to what happened to you or what exactly it was on this site, what your will get is how to counteract it happening again and how to make your home safer.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'd share more if I knew more...
Hope619 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-22)
WOW! This kept me reading on and on! A similar thing happened at school. Not exactly. I can't wait to share my story! The chills on your legs happened to me! 😲

Lex ❤
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
That's creepy! Maybe a ghost just passed through your home and he/she saw you on his/her way, and decided to touch or have a bit of connection to you. Did it ever happened again? The same feeling and heat spot?
SamiTheUnicorn (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-21)
That's so creepy! And at only four feet tal, I can't even think to tell you what it could be. Maybe a little kid? Thanks for sharing, though! 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: