You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Sleep Paralysis Or Something A Lot Worse?

Real Ghost Stories

Sleep Paralysis Or Something A Lot Worse?

 

Something happened to me two nights ago that has really worried me. About a month or so ago I had my first experience of what I thought was sleep paralysis. I had been out with friends drinking and had a big argument with my (then) boyfriend on the phone who could get pretty aggressive and our fight unsettled me a bit... I dozed off eventually and woke up, I'm not sure how much long after, unable to move. I didn't feel any pressure on my body but I remember I couldn't move and I could see my ex lying next to me talking. It was really scary because I knew it wasn't really him and it was very vivid.

I can't remember exactly what he was saying but it was along the lines of telling me I was going to die... Then I heard, I mean actually heard out loud, a deep voice say "breathe" and came through/woke up gasping for air. It kept happening all night, after that I just kept seeing things at the end of the bed. I can't really explain what I saw but it was a horrible feeling when it happened and left me scared to sleep.

I looked into it and realised it was probably just sleep paralysis and didn't think that much more of it until it happened again. This was about two weeks ago but this was much worse. This time I hadn't been drinking and I'm sure I felt myself actually get rolled onto my back, the movement felt really un-natural, then it started.

I felt a huge pressure on my chest and something in my head was telling me I was evil. It was like I had to fight with it and I could almost feel things moving in and out of my body. I know it sounds crazy but I was like I was fighting with myself. I feel crazy even talking about it. Something was telling me that I have the spirit of jezebel in me (I didn't even know much about this jezebel until I looked her up!) and that it was what I wanted. I remember being really scared and arguing and saying no, telling it to leave me alone, then eventually it stopped. And the room went back to normal. I didn't see anything that I can remember, and I don't remember the sound of the voice. Just what it was saying and the feeling of being pushed down.

The last one was two nights ago and the worst so far. I was having a dream about my mum from what I can remember and a friendly voice was telling me to calm my lifestyle down, it was saying that I can't keep secrets from her, then it all turned dark and I felt like I started having a panic attack while I was sleeping, I woke up feeling myself being held down hard against the bed, and this time being pushed right up against the headboard. I tried to scream for my mum but I couldn't make any sound. Then it felt like something was starting to try and push my legs open. It was absolutely terrifying and has left me a bit scared to sleep. I was trying to swing my arms up but it took every inch of strength just to move slightly. I was again arguing in my head with something but this time as well I being scared to death I was angry. I don't know word for word what it was saying to me but I remember swearing and telling it to get away and leave me alone, it took every inch of strength I have ever had to fight with it and I remember feeling like it was the hardest thing I had ever had to do just to try and fight this thing off.

Eventually the room went back to normal but I was still terrified. I ran down the stairs and couldn't go back in the room, I even started crying and I don't very often. I just don't know what's going on. I sleep walk occasionally as well but I've never known anything like this.

My mum is religious, but not crazy religious, and I'm not although I believe in god and know a lot about the bible... Is my head just really messed up by it? I have never felt like it is. I've always felt special to have a Christian mother and I've never ever experienced anything like this in my life. However I've gone a bit off the rails at the moment and I don't really know why, just partying a bit too much and I have been hiding things from my mum. Is it maybe guilt just messing with my mind? I don't know why but when it happens it really feels evil.

There is also lot of paranormal activity in my family history. One thing being that my uncle (mums brother) used to use ouija boards (caused a lot of the activity when my mum was growing up resulting in the house getting blessed) and my great aunties all read tea leaves... I know I sound mad but I'm a normal girl with good people in my life and I study psychology so I should just be able to put this down to my mind... But my I can't. Is it just paralysis...? I have a horrible feeling its going to happen again and get worse.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, paula, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BestUsername (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-02)
Im 15, and I have had 10 scary sleeps dream thingys. I have had them ever since I was 14, but I'm turning 16 this year. So today (friday morning) around 3 I had one. It wasn't really scary but I wanted to cry because I didn't want this to happen no more. But I was laying on my left side (abit odd) and I could felt like someone was behind me watching me as I slept. As soon as I vot out of it, I woke up looked around the room. I started freaking out like someone was in the room watching me. But I have a few that I want to tell that were really scary:, (
So it was probably this january or in october (cant remember) I was taking a nap around 3 between 4 after I got out of School.
I was sleeping, I heard my door open and thought it was my mom to get my clothes to wash them, I opened my eyes to look, but the doof wasnf (my door knob squeeks when you open) so I went to close my eyes, I heard walking towArds the sides of my bed. I didn't want to open my eyes. And I heard a little breathinf Anx thatz when I couldn't move and felt like I was being pushed in bed, than I started hearing this loud train noise it sounded like thAt though, and another thing was it felt as if it was putting a hand or a finger pressing on my right arm elbow, I felt a warm air on my left side of my neck a little than a few minutes later I heard like it was out, and I heard scratching by my door, and I could hear it say "nurse" then few minutes again I woke up looked around the room and started crying to my moms room:, (

Another sleep dream thingy I had was, as if something was trying to flip me on my stomach, but I refused to.
I knowthat I wasn't half wAy off the bed. Than it flip me on my back, than I felt my head go up on the side, I was smiling big for some reason and then it went to frowning like maddness, than my head went down by the end of the bed. It felt if someond was standing on the end of my bed, but I started like growling or groaning like, I felt like mad and saddness. And feeling of a little creature or person standing on the side of me. My head went back up, and I felt as if someone was touching my left leg by my inner thigh. And its scary! I don't want this to happen no more D,:
Yes I have had my dad die when I was 11, my aunt says its a evil spirit since she is religious not like crazy or anything (ithink) and my mom says its my dad coming to see me and my step dad says its a ghost
O.o
So when I sleep I have trouble cause I always have afeeling something is in my room with me!
ZiShu (281 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-02)
Here's long story short on advice...
Sleep paralysis is a term people used to cover up the truth that they do not know about. You have an Incubus that is trying to have relations with you. Notice the "open legs" part. They cause sleep paralysis so you cannot fight. They are male sex demons.
I have 2 succubi that do the same thing to me, and I am constantly trying to fight them off but it is hard.
You should pray to God more often, or this will keep happening and get worst. It will make your life miserable.
Pray to Michael the ArchAngel to fight off this Incubus. They will come to you in dreams or in the etheral world to fake as someone you love (like mine did).
God Bless
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-08-01)
What happened to you with the spirit who looked like your husband also happened to my wife. I was at work and she was asleep on the couch when she thought she heard my car pull into the driveway. She said that "he" came in the door and started kissing on her and she thought that it was me until the SPIRIT of GOD inside of her (she's a Christian too) spoke through her and said "I rebuke you in the name of JESUS!".She was surprised to hear herself say it especially since she can't even say the word rebuke, but after that she was also surprised to see his head scramble and he got mad and said "if that's the way you're going to be forget it".He said this a couple of times while backing up and then he left.
LilyDaisy513 (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-06-04)
KatyBell:
The man that keeps coming to you could be a spirit attached to you and might consider you his significant one. You might want to research the history of your home or property, it might hold answers. I have / had somewhat similar experiences. I have found that meditation,imagery,and more to help and as well as, saying "Good Night, Everyone" before or about to fall asleep. The saying was whispered into my ear after having a very scary nightmare and it has helped me alot.

Experience: I remember 1 night long ago, after listening to a particular cd for awhile, I had woke up, well thought I was awake- still asleep, I felt a pressure on my chest- couldn't breathe and I couldn't move any parts of my body. I saw a gargoyle like (very small) creature sitting on my chest looking at me. I felt such evil,hatred, and anger coming from it- overwhelming. I tried to speak but barely could. Finally able to and said "Grandma" and then I felt such love and she touched my left hand and raised it off the bed. I woke up and then able to move freely. My mom came rushing into my room asking what's wrong because I had woke her up out of a very deep sleep screaming at the top of my lungs.Now,I don't sleep as deep because if I do I know something Bad will happen. 😐
KatyBell (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-27)
I am so glad I found this site. I do not know what it is I am experiencing but it is getting scarier with each time. I was 19 when it first happened to me and it only happens when I sleep alone. I was newly married and I fell back to sleep after my husband left for work. I heard some people coming down the hallway, startled I sat up but what happened next did not really scare me so much. I found myself watching the Beverly Hillbillies family march one by one into my room and stand in a row in front of my dresser. I remember they just stared at me and then I woke up. It wasn't until I woke up that I realized I had been asleep. It was so real I emediately got up to check for footprints on my carpeted floor. I have enjoyed telling that story for years now, but no more.

I am 47 years old now and these episodes are have started again. About 6 months ago, my husband was out of town, I woke up with a feeling of evil in the room I looked toward my bathroom door because I had left a small light on and there stood 3 small black figures. They were just staring at me. It scared me so badly. The next time happened a month later and I awoke to the same evil feeling, but these little black figures were jumping at my back and breathing on my neck I tried to scream or yell Jesus Christ at them then I woke up. The next time was really weird. I heard my husband leave early for work. The next thing I heard was my husband coming back in. I heard the door shut and my bedroom door open. I was so sleepy I did not ask him why he came back. I felt him get back into the bed, but I was so sleepy I did not ask him why he had decided to come back to bed (he has gotten up before and saw the weather was going to be rainy, could not work in the rain and so came back to bed). I heard him say "come here" I played asleep hoping he would get the hint if he was wanting some loving. Then he said "come here" again. I was irratated by then so I asked "honey what do you want"? He then said, "roll over here I am hurt". That startled me so I rolled toward him and there laying beside me was someone resembling my husband wearing an old soldiers uniform. Then I woke up. The next time and the only other time I saw this person was when I heard what I thought was my husband coming to my side of the bed in the early morning to give me a kiss goodbye before going to work, as I rolled over to hug him because I could feel him leaning toward me to kiss me I realized it was not my husband but this 'man' again. I then woke up.

I am rushed for time here because of a dental appointment so I will tell of this mornings episode. I awoke to the little black figures again jumping on my back and beating on the side of my mattress. I was trying to scream at them to go away. I woke up but quickly fell back asleep. They came right back and this time they were trying to drag me off the side of the bed. I started trying to say the name of Jesus. I managed to get up and run toward my daughters room, but with great difficulty. I could see and feel them opening the door I had tried to shut on them. I woke up then. It horrified me!

I am really becoming concerned for my sanity at this point. I don't even want to be asleep any more if my husband is not right there in the bed with me.

Thanx for listening to me and letting me know I am not alone.
zoajet (2 stories) (276 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-15)
The fact that you said the word sleep paralysis makes me think you don't know what its really is (most peopl don't). Sleep paralysis is just a term for most people. Its really when a person is in the spirte world. This is a stat of being awake while your dreaming. Most likly its an incubus that's doing this and worst part of this is that they feed off your fear to give them their strength. To prevent this for at least a little bit, circle your bed with salt and crosses. Have a prist try a exocism (depending how bad it is right now) if it dosen't work, you would have to find some one who can do an old thing known as a sealing cerimony. This would work if done right. Find out if you live near an idean baryral ground. Send me an e-mail if you need to ask me somthing. Dragongod101 [at] hotmail.com
Ghostgurl67 (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
Does anyone know of any good haunted spot in Ohio? I have been to most of the known ones and am looking for something new. Thanks.
candykendi (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-25)
is it an incubus or an out-of-body experience? I can't really tell that your having an OBE but it seems like it.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-24)
Have to agree with sinimabeats. I have never had sleep paralysis but I know what it's like to want to wake up from a bad dream. You know your dreaming and you just want to wake up but you have to really focus to be able to do so. For the few times it's happened to me it was like I know I'm dreaming and I would keep shouting "wake up" and I would wake up. Maybe in that respect they are similiar.
Christ_our_Lord (13 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
I've had minor sleeping paralysis since I was young. The first time was very frightening, I was only 13. I was afraid of the dark when I was that age (late, I know but hey, we all have our fears) so I slept with my mom that night. I couldn't sleep at all because I just felt wrong like something wasn't right. Anyhow, when I finally was able to get some sleep, I remember feeling as if I were awake, and seeing things that weren't there which creeped the living soul out of me. My arms where over my head and (mind you, I had no clue what I was experiencing) I felt like something was holding them down. I was SCREAMING in my head and trying to say "MOM! MOM!" but I couldn't even move my mouth. I was seeing things and it creeped me out so bad. Now I get it sometimes when I take naps. I see things that aren't there (little things like once, I saw a big fly next to me, but was only an illusion) and my body is paralysed. Don't worry, it's probably all just that. But if things get worse physically and the experiences are unbarable, God forbid, but it could be related to your uncle. Remember, spirits work in strange ways and could affect family members. Remain calm and try to get blessed and closer to God.

God bless.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
My first was more important but I too have had a form of this. I don't remember any breathing problems but I couldn't move. This happened a few times when I was young where I was paralized in what seemed like a place of darkness but also orange light like fire but I couldn't feel anything. The last time I cried JESUS save me and it instantly stopped. I guess the LORD allowed this to show me the simplexity of salvation which later on I recieved. After I became a Cristian I had it a few more times but different-still no breathing problems but parallized and this time being pulled down. The last and worst time happened several years ago where not only was I parallized and pulled down in the bed, but I could see the sides of the earth as I was pulled down rapidly into this tunnel and I could see the opening and light from where I came from and I could partly see what had ahold of me and it looked evil. I tried to rebuke it in the name of JESUS but I was gurgling like I was under water but I must of finally said it becaused it released me and I was in my bed like nothing ever happened.
greenpondmike (1 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-23)
This also happened to Christian comedian and author Frank Pereddi. He said that first he silently prayed and said thank you god for your control in this situation and then although he could barely speak he was able to get out "JESUS" and instantly he was set free. He was sure it was a demon. My wife one time thought that I had come from work early-she even heard my car and then a man was in the trailer that looked like me. She said that he was holding and kissing her and she didn't know any different but she was a Christian and the HOLY SPIRIT within her spoke up and said I rebuke you in the name of JESUS. Now my wife didn't say that-she can't even properly say the word "rebuke" let alone stand up to a spirit, but when these words left her mouth that man's head scrambled and he got mad and left. I know the 2nd example doesn't relate to your problem but I wanted you to know the power of the LORD JESUS who cast out of a single man 1000 demons at one time! HE can do this because when HE died on the cross and rose again HE defeated satan and his angles (demons) and all spirits and people are to give account to HIM because HE has all power in heaven and earth and HE is LORD! I hope this helps you and I apologise for being so long winded
uanheuk (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
Sleep Paralysis can be very scary, I agree, but you have to try and keep your head and wits about you.

Remember, Sleep Paralysis occurs when the brain is still disconnected from the body. Concentrating on something very hard, or doing your best to move even a toe or finger and suddenly send your brain back in with the rest of your body. Good luck.
no_average_angel (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
I've never had sleep paralysis but my grandma did when she was younger! She says it was one of the worst things that ever happened to her! Anyway, it probably was also sleep paralysis! ❤ 😊
sinimabeats (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
I used to go through the same thing. It started happened when I was 15 years old (seems to be a pattern based on another comment's experience) and I used to be afraid to sleep because it would happen every night, it ruined my school life because I was always late and tired during classes.

There may be a connection to your mother being Christian because mine is as well, she would attend church daily and take me with her.

Anyhow, I think you may find my experience helpful in your situation.

The first time it happened, I woke up and couldn't move, I tried screaming for help but nothing would come out. The only way I could explain it is that it felt like a face was staring right at me, if you put your hand in front of your face, even with your eyes closed or in the dark, you can feel something is there. That's what it felt like. There would be a heavy weight on my chest that wouldn't go away for several seconds or even minutes.

Later as it occured more frequently, I would feel as if I was being touched or even injured in unimaginable ways. I'm 26 now and it rarely occurs anymore.

:::SOLUTION:::
I learned that BREATHING has a great deal to do with what you're going through.

Try breathing because it's likely that you may suffer from some form of sleep apnea. I learned that every time this experience happened to me, I wasn't breathing. My brain was doing anything it could to wake me up because it needed oxygen, even if that mean scaring the sh** out of me. It's not easy the first few times, you have to fight for air because it's almost like you have no control over your body because it's techincally still asleep but your mind is awake (like a short term coma), but once you inhale enough times, the weight on your chest will go away and whatever else it is you're experiencing.

I believe the weight on your chest is your mind's way of trying to keep your spirit attached to your body. To keep you alive. The bad things happening is a way of scaring you into waking up or if already conscious in a coma-like state... To breathe.

I have had countless experiences with this and I am certain that breathing is the issue. I write this from first hand experience.

The reason I know it's because I wasn't breathing is one night, I was fed up with this happening to me over and over again, so I decided not to struggle with it and I just let myself go. I then felt like I was slipping away. It felt as if I were drifting to the ceiling of my room and it was such a peaceful and serene feeling that I wasn't afraid anymore (I think I died because I didn't fight to breathe), but then something/someone quickly and with great power shoved me back onto my bed and held me down to my body until I breathed again. I realized then, that I needed air and whatever it was that held me down, knew that it wasn't my time to go yet.

Anyhow, you may want to also look into using a mouth piece. In 2005 I was sleeping and I would stop breathing every minute or so and the experience would happen again and again throughout the night. Finally I woke up and stuffed the edge of my blanket in my mouth so I could continue breathingwith my mouth open and then it hit me. Why not use a mouth piece that has air holes. I did research at the time and it turned out they exit for sports. So I bought one and it works. I took a long time to get used to it, but the mouth piece actually makes it possible to continue breathing throughout the night. Since then, I haven't had many experiences.

The scary thing is, when my girlfriend and I started dating 7 months ago... She slept in my room one day and I left my room for a few minutes and when I came back she told me she had a startling nightmare about us. I don't remember what it was about but later that night after dropping her off, she had this same experience. I felt horrible because I wondered at this point if this sleep demon or whatever it is actually exist and if so, did it follow her home from my place? She has no breathing problems and has never experienced this before in her life, nor did I dare tell her about my experiences out of fear she'd judge me or think I'm crazy.

In her experience, she felt great pressure on her chest, she could not move and when she opened her eyes, she said she saw what looked like a mans face (shadow) staring right at her.

She was afraid to sleep with the lights off for almost a week. Once she started sleeping with the lights off again, it hasn't occurred since. Maybe sleeping with the lights on will help.

This being said. You may want to consider whether or not you've stayed at a friend's house recently and if so, maybe you got this spirit from a friends house. If indeed it is a bad spirit, this may be how it came about, following from one person/place to another. The reason I say this is because I used to stay at my best friend's house as a kid and he had the same experiences but his situation would be slightly different.

THEORY:
It could be a mixture of breathing problems and bad spirits. My friend also had a breathing problem and snored. I think he even had asthma as a kid. When you stop breathing, it's like you're dying. As you're dying, you become more in touch with the spiritual world. When bad spirits see that you're dying they may try to attack you.

Other's think this is some form of alien abduction. It could be because the physical pains I've felt were tramautic. Some believe that you mind is blocked from what actually happened during the abduction (s) so you may not clearly understand what is happening, therefore it translates into this experience.

ALSO TRY: If your bed is by the window, try to put it by the walls as far away from the windows as possible. I remember when the experiences were at their worst, I was right by the window and the windows were large.

I've always wanted to meet someone who shared the same experiences as me so I could establish a pattern. It is definitely not your regular Sleep Paralysis. It's physical and causes a great deal of stress in your daily life.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like to try to identity common links to this problem: e-mail/ sales [at] sinimabeats.com

If not, hope the details and suggestions help you and others that may be experiencing the same issues. Don't believe everything you read, research for yourself and try it out. I can only speak for myself in my situation when I say that breathing works.
dreamshappen (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-22)
i usually have those to don't worry you not the only one. I've realized that in my times of worring about those dreams are useless to think about because none of them actually came true. Some how my father went through a wall in my bedroom. Or I was in Irag working as a slave. But in reality I'm still here. I believe that's what happens in dreams. You want to think its not going to happen that's the best you can do, and eventually you will figure it out on your own why they happen and how they can be stoped. I Don't know how I did it but I haven't had one in 6 months but it almost seems to happen around the holidays for me but that's it for me. Just remember its a dream and you will be fine.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
its good that your keeping your mind as open as possible to what it could be, this definatly gives you a greater chance of solving it.

The scientist in me wants to put it down to stress induced sleep paralysis, but on a much higher level. One where you are more concious and awake but still in a lucid state so your subconcious is controlling what you think is going on around you.

On the other hand, the paranormal fan in me thinks it can't hurt to explore the slightly more strange. Have you tried meditation before sleeping or even seeing a doctor about this?

Thanks for sharing, take care ❤
musicXisXmyXlife22 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
in the first scenario, it sounded like sleep paralysis, but if you're being physically touched, that's really scary. I'm really religious, and from what I've experienced with spirits, it can't hurt to wear a rosary or put a cross or two in your room. I'm not sure if this happens to all spirits, or if there are much stronger spirits that can resist, but I touched a cross to my friends hand just as she was possessed by an angry spirit and she jerked away; the spirit claimed the cross burned. Good luck with whatever happens
wickedsunny2009 (4 stories) (42 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-21)
hmm!yeah it looks like a sleep paralyzes nothing else you will be alright as time passes by I had it too but not as scary as you do. Anyways take care
monty42 (4 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
This is a common occurrence. I used to have sleep paralysis as a kid, so I know what it is. But this is different, and I had it once. It's traditionally called the "old hag", and it occurs to people all over the world. It's an evil spirit. Yours was trying to rape you. They'll do it again and again to break you down and make you live in fear of going to sleep. They're trying to wreck your spirit.

These bastards tried it with me once when I was 15 years old. I am lucky in that I had been told about Saint Michael the Archangel as a child, and instructed to pray to him when faced with evil. In my experience with the old hag I felt the evil presence coming over me, and in complete terror I called out to Saint Michael for help. You don't have to believe it, but instantly there was something like an "explosion" of light and this thunderous numbing noise all around me... After a few moments all was calm, and the evil was gone. It has never approached me again like that, ever.

20 years afterwards I was having a nightmare, and in the dream I called out for Michael to rescue me. Again, another tremendous blast of light, but this time I heard his voice. He sounded like Superman on steroids. It was a voice of absolute, complete, total confidence. But at the same time, so caring.

I think Saint Michael likes to make a big entrance...it's just how he rolls:)

Call to Saint Michael to save you next time. It can't hurt. Just thinking of the the Lord or Jesus will send the evil spirits running, too, but it seems that with Michael you get added entertainment value.
RonYP (5 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
apparently we have almost the same experience the only thing is your experience is really physical and is very dreadful.
kittythatsme (4 stories) (28 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-20)
Hmmm that is interesting, At first it sounded like sleep paralysis, but when you got into it actually being phycical and touching you that is more then just the normal sleep paralysis... If it continues to happen or you are to scared maybe a blessing in your home will help.
I am not religious as well. But it would not hurt to try.
I hope things for you ease up and you can sleep without fear.
Much Peace to you.
-Katie

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: