You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Great Grandfather's Visit

Real Ghost Stories

Great Grandfather's Visit

 

When I was little, my Grandmother threw Halloween parties for my sister, cousin, and I. My Great Grandfather never missed one, or any other family occasion, for that matter. Anyway, when I was in Kindergarten, he passed away. He was in his seventies.

It was a very sad time for our family. At his funeral, I felt something. It was as if I was being watched. I don't know if any other family members experienced this because I never asked. I still believe it was him...

Back to the Halloween parties. He loved them so much. He practically had as much fun as us kids had. When I was in first grade, the creepy stuff started. It was almost a year after he died, about 10 months. Two days before Halloween my Grandmother threw her party. My cousin wasn't born yet, so it was my sister, a friend from across the street, and I. All of us felt very uneasy at the party.

Here's the really freaky thing- my gram got the pictures developed, and in 2 photos, was his figure. In one you could make out his face.

This really freaked me out and my sister and friend kept teasing me about it. It took us about 4 months, until February, to come up with a conclusion for the strange happenings.

We all decided it was him paying a visit from the beyond.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, abbto, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

darshan9209189691 (2 stories) (9 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-07)
i think your great grandfather must have visited the party because all person in your family were having great time so to see all of you sharing happiness your grandfather visited
Sounds great still your family is loved by your great grandfather even after his death
That is called immortal love
SweetDeanie (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-06)
I love this story, my gran also threw parties for the family every halloween with things like dunking apples and other games because it was her birthday on Halloween. Now she's passed away I continue with this tradition and hope my kids will continue it when I am gone too. It must be a nice feeling to think your grandfather is still joining in.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-05)
I would love to see those pics too. My favorite holiday is Halloween (always has been) and I do the big party thing too. I hope one day after I'm gone the tradition will still stand and if I end up in a pic my family wouldn't be surprised but thrilled. Glad your grandfather was able to attend. Great uplifting story.
book_luver123 (227 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
It is wonderful that the relatives that passed away come and visit you and at all times. ❤
TigerLily (3 stories) (145 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Hahah! Surya's comment made me laugh. 😆 I'm glad you have somebody watching over you.
Do you think you will be able to upload the images? I would love to take a look. 😊

God Bless.
Nor_Cal_Girl (3 stories) (97 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Well, don't let this scare you! Although it might be alarming at first, it just seems like your great grandfather wanted to enjoy the family parties like before. He's just checking up on you all:-)
Hopeful23 (12 stories) (93 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Like Surya said it would be nice if you could upload on of the pictures for us. If you cannot find them, that's fine as well. Thank you for sharing such a nice story with us. It would freak me out too to see a picture with my Grandpa in it, but at the same time comfort me. It's so nice that he paid you a visit at the party. Thanks for sharing!

-Hope
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-04)
Looks like your Grand-dad is still having fun with you guys, bless him the party animal.

Any chance of having a look at the pictures.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: