You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Who's There?

Real Ghost Stories

Who's There?

 

I've really never had an encounter with anything until we moved into this house. This was odd because things always seemed to happen when I was alone. I was 15 years old and my parents use to work all the time. I had two older brothers one whom was married and did not live with us and my other brother was always at his friend's house.

Basically this house was a circle inside. You could walk through the living room to get to the hallway and the bedrooms. Then from the hall to the kitchen from the kitchen to the dinning room back to the living room. Through the kitchen was a back room which led to outside in the back yard. I recall when I was home alone one day and I was on the phone with a friend. I went into the kitchen because I was about to take out the trash. I went through the back room to go outside. When I was outside I could have seen if anyone would have gone into the house. I didn't see anyone. I went back inside as soon as I entered the kitchen. I seen, out the corner of my eye, what looked like someone standing by the refrigerator. I screamed, because I thought someone was in the house, and looked over there was nothing there.

Another time I remember in that house. I was asleep in my room, it was really weird because I know my eyes were closed, I remember seeing a light at the very top of my door and for whatever reason that scared me. I woke up screaming and my mother came into the room. I asked her if she was just in the bathroom I thought maybe the light came from there. She told me she was just woken up out of her sleep to me screaming. I remember I did not go back to sleep that night I had the lights and TV on to comfort me.

Another time occurred in my bedroom one night. I was sleeping and suddenly I felt someone standing over me I opened my eyes and saw a black figure standing over me. I remember screaming and my mother came in. I told her what happened and she tried to convince me that it was a nightmare. I felt really uncomfortable and could not get back to sleep.

After the last occurrence things slacked up a bit. I remember one night I had just gotten off of work and my mom picked me up. There was a big tree with an open space between the side porch and that tree. We were about to pull into the drive way and I seen, out the corner of my eye, something in white or wearing white standing in the open space. I looked over quickly and it was gone.

The last occurrence I remember having in that house, I was home alone in the living room and in the living room there was a fireplace and a mantle. I remember dosing off on the couch and the strangest thing happened. I remember lying on the couch and I could not get up I remember the only thing I could see was the fireplace and mantle. I tried for about 5 minutes to get up and finally I remember popping up gasping for air and I was sweating. After we moved from that house I haven't had any more nightmares or weird occurrences. I do believe there was something in that house and why whatever was happening to me only happened to me I still can't explain.

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, shantecameron, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

faerielike (15 stories) (268 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
Interesting! That house is similar in shape to my mother's, in which I grew up, and had, and still have, many encounters. Was it an older home? Do you know anything about the home's past? Just curious. It could have something to do with why you experienced what you did. 😐
vicuttie8 (7 stories) (92 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-26)
I know what its like when people tell you that you were dreaming when you know that you saw something. It is possible that you were the only one in the house with an open mind or actually belives in paranormal activity. I have delt with many experiences. Try doing some research on the old house. The things you find might be able to help you.

Tori ❤
Thegrinch17 (guest)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-24)
When I was little, I lived in an old house where some very strange things happened. But they only seemed to happen to me! My parents wouldn't believe me when I told them about the incidents & my siblings never said anything about having these experiences. Maybe Jazzeyjay is right, spirits target certain people & try to bully them. We lived there for the first 10 years of my life then we moved, thank God!
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-23)
Spirits react the same way in death as they did when they were alive. Often times they target one person and isolate them. It's no different than what living, breathing people who are bullies do to their victims. They target, select and attack. Spirits do the same thing in a lot of cases. They choose their target, isolate them and go from there. You were young too and going through all of the emotional things that teenagers go through, so this spirit was able to pick up on that as well.

Thank God it's over.
brenttan (64 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-23)
Two possible reasons why only you have seen and experienced things:

I) You are more sensitive or psychic than your family members and since you can see or psychically perceive these spirit phenomena, it focusses more attention on you.

Ii) At the risk of sounding indelicate, if you are a young woman, that ghostly presence might be a male and more interested in you than your family.

Thank God you are no longer bothered. It might be good for you to pray to the Heavenly Father through the Christ to shield and protect you from any more such incidents.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: