You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: He Wanted To Be There, Too

Real Ghost Stories

He Wanted To Be There, Too

 

I'm so happy to announce the birth of my second grandchild on October 26th. Her name is Emily Michelle, and she is perfect. She looks just like my daughter!

My daughter had a c-section, so my youngest son and I were on the way to the hospital at around 6:15, or so. Since we would not be able to smoke in the hospital, I told JR that we should have one before we got there because once inside, I was not going back out until after the baby was born.

I rolled the window down, and a few minutes later, it rolled itself back up! I thought it was my coffee cup, leaning on the button, so I moved it. The window went up again! Now, I have never had a problem with the window before so this was really weird.

I tried to roll it back down, and every time I did, it immediately would go up. I told JR that the ghosties wanted to come, too. So I said out loud and sternly," Okay, you can go, but do not possess the grandbaby!" The window would not stay open. So I rolled down the back one.

At the hospital were a lot of family and friends of my daughter and son-in law. While we were in the waiting room after they had taken her into surgery the lights started to flicker. Not just flicker, but dim for a few seconds, and then brighten. This happened a number of times, and my son-in-law's mom said, "seems like someone wants us to know they're here by the way these lights are acting." JR looked and me and smiled.

Everything went as planned, and soon Baby Emily was here! We waited until we could see her and hold her a few minutes, and decided to give mom and baby some rest. It was some how decided that I was the taxi that day, so we all piled in my little Land Rover. Zoe had already left with her other grandmother so we all lit up. Guess what? No more problems with the window since.

That night, I had a dream. Leslie's Dad was rocking baby Emily, and chatting with Zoe, who stood right next to him. He had the biggest grin on his face!

Other hauntings by zzsgranny

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, zzsgranny, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-23)
Zzsgranny, I was just reading your stories and see you're from my hometown, kinda. I was born in the 60's at St. Rose de Lima hospital in Henderson. Raised in Henderson, graduated from Basic HS. Moved away in 1990. Went back once in 2006 and had the shock of my life with how much it had changed.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-17)
Hi zzsgranny! Love the way you compose your experiences into stories. Especially those about your 'ghosties'. Makes for some wonderful reading. Thank you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
LOL darn rules and crap! Won't let me vote for you anymore and that was definitely vote worthy (of course it has nothing to do with advice or anything we try to promote πŸ˜† but still!)
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
πŸ˜† I'm trying though! I have a vaporizer and everything! πŸ˜† *cough
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
And you still didn't listen to him πŸ˜‰πŸ˜† Happy 4th Birthday to Emily! ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
10 years ago (2013-10-26)
Happy Birthday to Emily! 4 years, I still have the truck, and the window still works perfectly LOL! πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Granny that is awesome I can bet it still blows your mind, coincidence I think not! 😁
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
granny - on a serious note, though, what more valid proof could there possibly be? Three years and no more problems. Coincidence? I think not. "He wanted to be there, too." ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
And you haven't quit smoking either πŸ˜‰ LMAO! Sorry, granny, but I just had too πŸ˜† You can delete me, I won't mind LOL
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-25)
Update: Three years ago tomorrow, and the window still works LOL πŸ˜†...Haven't had a problem since this one and only time! ❀
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Granny: It doesn't work that way! Nicotine is like any other drug, you have to be weaned, slowly. To go 'cold turkey' can be hazardous to your health!
I managed to get down to 2 a day, at one stage, but then things started to go haywire in my family. Then, POOF... It all went out the window! There was I, back to 20 a day, in one fell swoop! But one day... πŸ€” who knows?
Your daughter's account is great; so sweet. If only this silly network will let me post on her story!
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
I searched about white feathers and got this lyrics, as to why the windows being "closed" as to get smoke in your eyes.

The Platters
Smoke Gets in Your Eyes Lyrics

They asked me how I knew
My true love was true
Oh, I of course replied
Something here inside cannot be denied

They said someday you'll find
All who love are blind
Oh, when your heart's on fire
You must realize
Smoke gets in your eyes

So I chaffed them and I gaily laughed
To think they could doubt my love
Yet today my love has flown away
I am without my love

Now laughing friends deride
Tears I can not hide
Oh, so I smile and say
When a lovely flame dies
Smoke gets in your eyes
Smoke gets in your eyes

~~~

I don't think that it is literally meaning my "love went away" it is like just you "think they have gone away"... And when a lovely flame dies (a person you you loved dearly, who shone a bright light in your life), it is not like when the "love" dies since love is eternal, but about "when the person" dies... Leaves the physical.

In the first part of the song, the singer describes how he was in love, but his friends just told him he was blind to the truth; "When your heart's on fire [a metaphor for being in love] / You must realize / Smoke gets in your eyes". The fire in the singer's heart is creating smoke which is making him blind.

Yes the lesson here to me is that when you love someone greatly love is blind, the "smoke of love's fire" gets in your eyes... To me this is a great poetic metaphor, since the Bible says we must walk by faith and not by sight, by believing in things we cannot see instead of just believing in what we can see.

So to when your Heart is burning with Love, Love is the Bridge between Heaven and Earth... So Light the Fire and let the smoke blind your physical sight, so that you can only see with your Heart or Love.
vidya_amani (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Opening and closing windows are like opening and closing portals... Which is odd why did they want the windows up or closed?
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Fergie: *sigh* Nope, still puffin' like a dragon LOL... I think we should form a support group and quit... Tomorrow πŸ˜†

All my girls are doing great 😊...They have an awesome Mommy...
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-02-24)
Hi Granny, I know this is a bit late, but none the less, congratulations on the latest additions to the family. It is always exciting to have a birth in the family.
Your ghosties didn't want you to smoke! Did you ever manage to give up that filthy habit? If so, please tell me your secret! I have been smoking for 54 years, & wish I had the willpower to quit. πŸ€” πŸ˜‰
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Haha ohh ooooo now Marjie is on the case, you may have to get onto those signs quickly now granny haha! πŸ˜† 😁 ❀
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
granny - you listening to those signs? πŸ˜† I could be nagging instead of just filling up space here LOL
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Wow well the family is ever expanding, that's awesome congrats on the next miracle coming, your going to be one very busy Granny! Lol πŸ˜†. And yes that was bloody funny had another chuckle to myself thinking about your sons reaction to it haha! 😁 Thanks Granny!
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+2
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
DARKNESS: Emily and Zoe are both doing very well, thank you, and looking forward to the birth of Sophia Marie on September 12th 😁...

Since the "Santa" incident we've moved, and last Christmas I got to go home for the Holidays, so I think my ghosties didn't feel the need to cheer me up πŸ˜†...That was funny πŸ˜†

And no, I haven't quit smoking yet, but all the signs are telling me I should...
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Ohyeh and before I forget is there any updates on your life size santas they had me cracking up at one stage! Or should I ask in early January?lol! πŸ˜†
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Hahaha Granny that is awesome, it really does confirm what was going on at the time, and did you give up smoking? Is this why? Lol πŸ˜†!How is Emily Michelle? I hope everything is brilliant! Thanks for the update Granny! 😁 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-07-25)
Just a follow up: It's been nearly 2 years since this experience, and still haven't had any problem with the window LOL πŸ˜†
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
hi5girl: Well, thank you so very much *blushing*...I haven't had too many experiences since moving into our current home, but I think my ghosties decided to follow my sons to their apartment instead πŸ˜†...I'll be posting more stories soon, when I find the time to write them down! 😊

Again, thank you for your kind words, and for reading my stories! ❀
hi5girl (16 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-15)
zzgranny all of your stories are absoulutly AMAZING. I read a lot of storys and yous are by far the best. 😊 😊 ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
+1
14 years ago (2010-09-25)
hippychick: With all of the activity you've experienced, I'd say he WAS there with you!...What a great idea to bring along his picture 😊 ❀
hippiechick83 (5 stories) (112 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-22)
granny: My daughter's father had accompanied me to the hospital when our daughter was born. I brought an 8x10 picture of him in a frame to use as a focal point when the pains got really bad. But I feel as though he was also there in spirit. Great story! Peace and Love ❀
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
monkeylemur: You can post pictures with a story, but the instuctions are on the e-mail they send you when you're story gets published... Geez what'dya think this is myspace?...LOL!...I posted a comment a while ago on someone's story, saying that if anyone wanted to see it to e-mail me, but no body did... They just don't get it! πŸ˜†
monkeylemur82 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
roflmao! I have no idea what you just said up to "nonsence" aussiedaz... But I'm pretty sure its all good!

ma how do I post pictures? I want to post that one that crystal took of me in the old house next door with all the layer type thingies in it but I'm a tardo today and I can't figure it out! Lol
Love you ma
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
Monkeylemur, Welcome to the site and I look forward to reading your story, your mother is a legend on this site and on top of that she's a no nonsense fairdinkum dinky di shelia and without you telling me, I know how good of a mother granny is also, she's one in a million ❀ good on yah granny "you little rippa" "tickle me pink" bob's your uncle and Aussiedaz your mate😁
monkeylemur82 (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-19)
hey ma I just submitted for publication my story about when dad came to visit me. So idont know if they will publish it or not, but its called the first time I met my daddy. Go read it if you wanna, I mean you don't have to since you were there, but you know what I mean! Lol I love you! ❀

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: