You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Timeslips

Real Ghost Stories

Timeslips

 

I live in Snettisham, Norfolk, and walk my dog regularly in the nearby woods, known as Ken Hill Estate. I have had a few Time Slip experiences up there as well as an awful feeling of foreboding, panic and general unpleasantness.

The first time slip I experienced was as I stood looking out toward the sea and I suddenly felt as if my feet were wet and I could see the sea lapping in across what is now a field, and lapping round my feet.

On another occasion, I heard sounds like a battle and turned to see just that, a battle going on, with clashing of swords and yells etc, it was such a brief snapshot that I couldn't really make out who the men were, but I feel they may have been Roman, as I got the impression of leather type Armour.

The third time slip experience was as I walked along I was suddenly aware that I was a man, much taller and strongly built, with cloth trousers bound round with leather strips, I was carrying two dead rabbits in one hand and a sling shot in the other. I actually said to my husband walking alongside me " **** I've shape shifted, I'm a man and I've been hunting, I've got two rabbits for the pot" This was a tall Anglo Saxon man I believe from the style of clothing I was wearing. I felt physically taller, stronger and my stride increased.

The unpleasant experience happened one August day when I was again walking with my husband and our dog, as we approached a row of beech tree's I felt very very uneasy, almost to the point of being frightened, feeling sick also, (I'm not easily frightened by spirit or the paranormal). I just didn't like the energy and felt there was someone there. My hubby looked around and said there was no-one about, but he trusts my instincts on this sort of thing and said do we need to get out of here? I said I felt it wasn't intending harm but was just very unpleasant and let's just walk faster. Once we were further away from the tree's the feeling passed.

A couple of years later, I was walking the same area with a friend and happened to mention it and she said that a man had hung himself from the branches of the beech tree's. Earlier this year, another friend who is a paranormal investigator mentioned that in talking to another friend of his, that a man had hanged himself in Snettisham woods on the 13th of August some years ago!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Whitefeather, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kezlynaugh (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-11)
My grandad was at Bircham Newton R.A.F. In 1970, the date was 2 November and he was driving into Snettisham, he said he was going down a dark lane in his car with trees all around, to one side was the sea as it was right on the coast. He had his car radio on. He said that as he was driving along listening to the radio the car was stopped, he didn't know how the car was standing still but it was, all he knew was that he was at a stand still and the radio was off. He hadn't stopped the car himself and had no recollection of it stopping or the radio turning off, he then set off and thinking the radio was broken left it, a while later the radio came back on again. The way he described it was as a "Queer" feeling. It sounds like the same place as your dog-walking. When I mentioned 'time-slip' to him he said something like "yes! Just like that, like time had just... 'slipped'." He also said that he was 30 minutes later than usual to the pub. He said that he thought it was something to do with the R.A.F base because half was still in R.A.F use and he said he used to see R.A.F lorries going into there but no-one knew what was going on inside and it was all blocked off by security.

Maybe this could be to do with the same thing? Anyone else had this in this spot?
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
This is absolutely amazing. I have been looking for someone that has experienced these slips for a long time, since I was around eight, to be exact.
I am just interested. The time that you were walking in the wood, and both you and your husband felt unease, did a time slip happen at that point, or did you "only" experience the residual feel of both these tragic ends? Did I read that right? There were two separate men?
Thank you.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-21)
Had never heard of that term "time slip" but I have heard of time warp which may be along the same lines. Chances are you are sensitive and you are picking up on residual energies and getting visions of that era. Is there a lot of limestone in the area? Quartz and granite are other good conductors of this kind of phenomenon. Now when you actually took on the attributes of a spirit that is a bit different. Could it be possible the spirit moved through your own body for a few seconds and this is why you got the feeling of being someone else with still retaining your own idenity? Not sure but it is very interesting. I have not had anything like this happen to me but I have had seconds where I feel I'm back in time. It doesn't last but a few seconds and it doesn't scare me it's just odd. I live in a very old house circa 1886 and I sometimes wonder if that has anything to do with it. Something like impressions from the past that I just happen to pick up on now and again. I don't think it's anything to worry about, you are very sensitive but I don't think you are in any danger.
hazzardsyndrome (10 stories) (121 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-20)
i live in norfolk and can definatly vouch for stories of this place. Its the same around the Mile Cross area of Norwich, it was heavily bombed during the war and my dad has experienced a time slip on the industrial estate there whilst walking the dog.
Great story, thanks for sharing 😊
StMikal (4 stories) (37 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
wow. This is something new that I have not experienced or heard of before. Time slipping huh? Very interesting. You def are a gifted person. Take care
Preeti (100 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-19)
You are god gifted that's why spirits paranormals... Etc attracts to you... You should see to it... Or should go to church father and ask him to guide you... Maybe this would hel... God bless
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
I was wondering, do you think maybe these time slips can be images from your past lives? I have seen some documentaries about people who claim to know who they were and where they lived in a past life. It's very interesting. Thank you for sharing your story. Take care 😊
MidnightRose (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-11-18)
Wow interesting story! Timeslips are interesting and can be somewhat unnerving, in my opinion.
How often does this happen to you? Do you feel anything strange or weird right before you slip? I mean, do you sense or 'feel' it is about to happen or is it more of a fast slip, like you slip before you know it?
The reason I ask is because I may have experienced something like it myself. I was just wondering if you sensed or 'felt' anything. For me, it was more of an overwhelming feeling that I should not continue on walking were I was walking.
I will explain this in my first story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: