You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Someone Or Something Saved My Life

Real Ghost Stories

Someone Or Something Saved My Life

 

This takes place in Pampa Texas, my home town. I never knew who or what cared enough to pull me back but, I am still around.

I was on my way home from school and was walking down main street. There were a line of small stores and an ally leading to the parking lot in the back. I was looking in the store windows and not paying attention. When I came to the alleyway, I was ready to step out into the passageway when I felt something grab my arm and turn me completely around. I looked for the person but no one was there. As I turned back to walk on a huge truck raced out of the alleyway and if I had not stopped when I did I would have been killed. I looked for someone to thank but could see no one on my side of the street. I have never told about this until now.

I am not sure if this other story has to do with ghosts but, something or someone was again watching out for me or I would not be writing this.

My life was again in danger in 1972. I lived in Cleveland Ohio at the time. I was married with two children and one on the way. I was seeing my doctor regularly and doing all the things to have a healthy baby. It was about two weeks until Thanksgiving and I began to have severe pains in my side and was running a high fever. My husband took me to the hospital and they said I had appendicitis. My first concern was for my unborn baby. The doctors assured me it would be fine. After the operation they said they could see the baby in my womb and that it was thriving and well. I was satisfied. Two weeks later I went into labor, hard labor. My husband rushed me to the hospital and the baby was born, but it was still born.

The doctors told me I had been carrying the child for three months and it was already dead. The doctor said I should have died. How I survived I still don't know.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Cuddlethefear, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

bandet888 (86 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-06-24)
I'm so sorry you lost your baby! It must have been awfull! Thank God you're still alive!
brenttan (64 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-11)
From what I read, there is no need for you to fear, as the supernatural manifestation obviously was helping you/protecting you. Not everything unseen and felt is ghosts. I do not know if we have guardian angels following us everywhere - but I believe in Jesus Christ, and on more occasions than I can remember or count, God has saved me from dangerous situations, like 1) Once I was riding my motorbike in my country who have many very terribly inconsiderate/and mindless drivers, when suddenly without my knowing anything, my handlebar was swerved to one side which just avoided the car that was shooting past me at too close quarters. 2) At another time, I was climbing rocks on the sea, I lost my footing but was miraculously saved, my foot somehow held on the slippery rocks and I managed to grab some weeds growing out of the rocky surface in front of me. 3) Yet another, I was getting ready to tandem with someone, when I lost my balance and would have fallen over off the flyover road, down to a 30 foot, road below, but as I uttered (in a whisper or mentally, I don't recall, the name of Jesus) I somehow did not topple over, as if held back by invisible force. So many cases, as I said, too many to recount. So just understand, trust the good powers that protect you and don't worry about it.
leocadia (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
I have narcolepsy. It's very mild but when I am driving sometimes I feel very tired and have to pull over to take a 10 minute nap. This day I was driving alone and 3 minutes away from home. On the highway I started to feel tired but kept on going. I woke up with the car half way in the fast lane heading for the barrier. Someone punched me in the arm to wake me. Thank you for reminding me of this. I have a renewed feeling that I have some kind of purpose. Sorry about your baby, but I strongly believe that she is with your Mom.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
August 2042 is my time to go, I have had premonitions all my life, this is my only long term prediction, I was told I'd be 77 years old when I die, I was born in 1965... August is a feeling I have, I don't know the long jeopardy of this site, but hopefully my children will be able to validate it for me, I know where your coming from, I still have 33 years. Keep your chin up mate your at home here on YGS.
Aussie
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
aussiedaz, thank you for your comment.
These are all things I have thought about. I just wish I knew what I am here for. Sometimes I feel as if I will live forever and that's something I am not really up for. 😕
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-11)
Cuddlethefear,you were pulled out of the way because it wasn't your time. Gaurdian angels, some family spirits can see ahead of time (premonitions) and often intervene to keep us on the path of our spiritual devlopment. Sorry about the circumstances of your baby being born still, but their is a reason for eveything no matter how unfair it can be sometimes and my wife and I had a similar experience.
Take care
butthead (guest)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
sounds like you have a gaurdian angel who cares for you a lot.
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
zzsgranny, Thank you for commenting. You mentioned the very thought I had. How could a Doctor make that kind of mistake? I was so agrived and confusied I never bothered to ask.
I am doing well now. My life is better now than it has ever been. I think I have finally found where I should be, and the man I should be with. He supports me emotionally and believes me.
zzsgranny (18 stories) (3329 posts) mod
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Cuddle: So the doctors told you that your baby was fine when it wasn't?...I'm confused...I'm sure if that's the case they had their reasons...I'm so sorry to hear about it though... I had an older brother pass away when he was 6 months old... I know my Mom always felt the loss, and still does at times... Hope you're doing okay...

I think you have an angel, or spirit watching out for you... Take care ❤
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Thank you all for your comments. I appriciate them very much. It is so hard to have someone to believe you when there is no sicentific or other explanation.

Bigdreams: I am sorry to hear about your friends experience. Please let her know she isn't alone. Bless her heart, that is a very hard experience to endure.

JamesRobiscoe; Thank you for your comments.
I believe you may be right, but my mortal life has been fire from the start, and I am not sure I believe in Angels, however I have been wrong before.
As to my name, I chose it because I know I have to face my fears, both in mortal life and in the ghostly realm... So I embrace the fear and face it straight on. It is the only way to be free.:)
bigdreams10 (2 stories) (24 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
man this is really sad because I'm 15 and something similar happened to my girlfriend about the baby thing so that is kind of crazy.
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Cuddlethefear--Your name is curious but your beliefs do you credit. Thank you for giving us a glimpse into another aspect of this often painful and baffling and bewildering journey.
I conjecture we all of us have a guardian angel who gets us out of dangerous jams without our recognition. I think you've been through the fire and emerged all the stronger.
Cuddlethefear (1 stories) (14 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
Thank you for your comment. I grieved for the baby for some time, but looking back on the circumstances of that time, perhaps it was for the best. I know that some believe that we are here to accomplish something and if you die as a child you have accomplished that purpose. I believe she is with my mother and grandmother and is happy.
Sassy_Lash3s (2 stories) (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-03-10)
wow that's crazy. Glad you are alive though. I think you have a guarding angel that is watching over you and keeping you safe, and I'm sorry about your baby.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: